So proud of my home state

Ridiculous they are pushing for expulsion...

Loved this quote from the article:

""We had a child molester on the floor for years, they helped him get reelected and did nothing to expel him," Johnson said. "We've had members pee in each other's chairs. We've had members illegally prescribe drugs to their cousin-mistress, and nothing happened. But talk on the floor without permission, and you'll get expelled."

More information on the cousin-mistress affair (most of the other articles on it were paywalled for me): In a Divorce Trial, Serious Allegations About Sen. Joey Hensley

Reactions: flint
Ridiculous they are pushing for expulsion...

Loved this quote from the article:

""We had a child molester on the floor for years, they helped him get reelected and did nothing to expel him," Johnson said. "We've had members pee in each other's chairs. We've had members illegally prescribe drugs to their cousin-mistress, and nothing happened. But talk on the floor without permission, and you'll get expelled."

More information on the cousin-mistress affair (most of the other articles on it were paywalled for me): In a Divorce Trial, Serious Allegations About Sen. Joey Hensley

I have been told whataboutism isn't a good way to debate...

Reactions: whodeycin85
Buddy, these dumba$$es brought children into the House chamber and while the House was in session, began to interrupt proceedings (a crime). Not only that, they then encouraged the minors they invited to take part in their protest (again, a crime).

Expulsion is the least that should happen to these clowns.
Sounds like this could happen tomorrow and it should. Rs have to fight by the same rules or there will be consequences. How bad does a district have to be where they see Justin Jones and say yeah that's the guy I want representing me? Holy s that guy is a nut job. Fits right in with todays dem party

Reactions: volgr
I have been told whataboutism isn't a good way to debate...

Very true. I simply disagreed that the punishment didn't fit the crime in my opinion and then pointed out the weird affair/cousin-loving of another legislator that I didn't previously know about. Sounded like something you would want to read about from Alabama or Mississippi, not Tennessee. If you connected that as whataboutism, then that is on you.

Sounds like this could happen tomorrow and it should. Rs have to fight by the same rules or there will be consequences. How bad does a district have to be where they see Justin Jones and say yeah that's the guy I want representing me? Holy s that guy is a nut job. Fits right in with todays dem party

Jones has been arrested while protesting, atleast twice in the last few years. Once for throwing coffee on a Rep and once for hitting a Capitol Police officer with a bullhorn. No surprise trouble has found him again.

its amazing that these three dumb a**es avoid the fact its not about the guns and what happened. Its about their actions and what they did on the floor. And they have yet to address it.

They let the lefty lunatic woman off the hook, by one vote. Probably better off, her only play is to be a perpetual victim.

Conservatives are always tilting at trivial cultural windmills while ignoring major problems in America. Here they
are pretending to attack a problem that doesn't exist.

This is classic GOP/conservative nonsense---banning drag shows, which have been around forever and involve a tiny number of people engaged
in mostly silly entertainment in private settings---while doing nothing about gun violence/school shootings, worker pay/benefits, health care, etc. Have there ever been any serious problems involving drag shows in Tennessee--or anywhere? None that I've ever heard of. I hear conservatives complain that children might be exposed to drag shows. I strongly suspect that almost never happens. I dont' live in Tennessee but my bet is that the number of drag shows in the state is incredibly small. I live in a city of some size in another state and I've never seen a single ad/flyer/notice of any kind about a drag show--and never heard a peep about any problem involving a drag show. Conservatives have their panties in a knot because they fear some nefarious campaign to turn everyone gay or trans, and it's twaddle. And need I remind that there have been MANY cases of sexual deviancy involving so-called conservatives over the years. The GOP should start worrying about real issues, for a change.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
Conservatives are always tilting at trivial cultural windmills while ignoring major problems in America. Here they

This is classic GOP/conservative nonsense---banning drag shows, which have been around forever and involve a tiny number of people engaged
in mostly silly entertainment in private settings---while doing nothing about gun violence/school shootings, worker pay/benefits, health care, etc. Have there ever been any serious problems involving drag shows in Tennessee--or anywhere? None that I've ever heard of. I hear conservatives complain that children might be exposed to drag shows. I strongly suspect that almost never happens. I dont' live in Tennessee but my bet is that the number of drag shows in the state is incredibly small. I live in a city of some size in another state and I've never seen a single ad/flyer/notice of any kind about a drag show--and never heard a peep about any problem involving a drag show. Conservatives have their panties in a knot because they fear some nefarious campaign to turn everyone gay or trans, and it's twaddle. And need I remind that there have been MANY cases of sexual deviancy involving so-called conservatives over the years. The GOP should start worrying about real issues, for a change.
Eh, the left is just as responsible for creating this firestorm. Democrats do the exact same thing, they never address actual problems just use situations to perpetuate power.

It's good to see that you've discovered a problem with the right, now if you'd only apply that to the left as well and see the actual issue in America is divisive politics and no common sense. When we actually begin to given the country from the middle again instead of this insane tug of war....... Which has gone more to the left than right, we can actually fix our issues.

I'm confused, did they actually ban drag shows or just ban children from going to sexually explicit drag shows?
It's so vague and open to interpretation that it could be used in any manner. Likely why it won't ever get passed

If drag shows never involve children, then why the rancor with the law? Drag shows aren't banned.

Reactions: theFallGuy
So the 2 that were expelled are pulling the race card. No surprise there, anyone with a heartbeat knew it was coming.

Reactions: OrangeBoro

Can you let me know where, in the legal writing, they are banning drag shows? I'll admit I have not read it in full detail but searching has not proved this to be true. I've read that the law is banning drag shows for children and states that Tennessee schools must give parents notice of any instruction or materials that deal with sexual orientation or gender identity and allow them to opt their children out of such instruction or materials.

Also, the Democrats had the White House, Congress and the Senate under control for 2 years with Biden, correct? How many gun laws did they try and pass during that time?

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back