So proud of my home state

Or in the bureaucracy.
Very true. I might be able to tolerate the smug, smarmy schmoozers in politics as long as I was accomplishing something worthwhile.

The inertia of bureaucracy is the most demotivating for me.

Reactions: hog88
Are we talking all elective surgery or just ones that make you feel icky?
How would you treat a 10 year old with bulimia??? Would you starve them, intermittent fasting?? Encourage them not to eat???....if you said no to any of that why is it different if gender dysphoria..both are mental disorders

Because it has to be so. It is inseparable. If governments have always been a part of human history, then governments played a role in how humans evolved.

Or have governments hindered human evolution? Remember, for the vast majority lets say 99.999% of history governments have been oppressive regimes.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Or have governments hindered human evolution? Remember, for the vast majority lets say 99.999% of history governments have been oppressive regimes.
That can never be determined. All we know is that as a species, humans have been successful by most measures, and governments have been an inseparable component of that success.

But I have no doubt that some governments did more harm than good.

Judge puts temporary hold on Tennessee ban on drag shows in front of children

A federal judge in Tennessee temporarily blocked a new state law on Friday that would criminalize drag performances in public or in front of children. The ruling came just hours before the law was set to take effect at midnight.

Judge Thomas Parker issued a temporary restraining order, citing the law as a "vague and overly-broad" restriction to the constitutional protections of freedom of speech.

A federal judge in Tennessee temporarily blocked a new state law on Friday that would criminalize drag performances in public or in front of children. The ruling came just hours before the law was set to take effect at midnight.

Judge Thomas Parker issued a temporary restraining order, citing the law as a "vague and overly-broad" restriction to the constitutional protections of freedom of speech.

Thank Christ! For a second I thought kids were going to weasel their way out of having grown homosexuals twerk in front of them.

Why do these clown freaks think they can mess with your children. Freak Sickos

Remove your kids from schools that allow such unBiblical and unwanted filth. Home school or start community funded private schools that hire proper personnel. Refuse to buy and view LBGT media. WARNING: That will include a lot now with thus mess spreading so quickly and inclusively. I find myself giving up ever more favorite TV programs, for example. And being more disappointed in actors like John Cena who works in media with LBGT scenes inserted (PeaceMaker). I'm disappointed, but also can't condemn him for those characters being inserted. I've been employed where things I strongly objected to. But the powers in charge, made it clear, if I didn't curb my option, I'd be without a job to feed my family. Still, I hate seeing him in such shows/media. We're all being force-fed gayness, but as viewers, we can fight, refuse to buy or view the media.

Options: 1. Old time B/W media 2. Retro TV shows on alternate channels 3. Seek out gay-free independent made media
4. If in a theater, and surprised by such inserts, get up and walk out. If enough people do this at the same time, often enough, it will be noted. Refusing to return for movies there, will be noted even more. Other options are out there, I'm sure. Over time, noticeable reduced viewership will affect their wallets, then they will be able to hear us loud and clear. Speaking for myself, I refuse to grin and bear it.

Reactions: Orangeburst
WTF is wrong with these guys? The TN legislature is a complete embarrassment, and lots of people here would be freaking TF out if this shoe were on the other foot, talking about the end of democracy (for the 1000th time).

Tennessee GOP begins process to expel lawmakers over gun control protests

Buddy, these dumba$$es brought children into the House chamber and while the House was in session, began to interrupt proceedings (a crime). Not only that, they then encouraged the minors they invited to take part in their protest (again, a crime).

Expulsion is the least that should happen to these clowns.

Buddy, these dumba$$es brought children into the House chamber and while the House was in session, began to interrupt proceedings (a crime). Not only that, they then encouraged the minors they invited to take part in their protest (again, a crime).

They made a bad choice but expulsion for protests? Gimme a break.

What about expulsion for getting physical with another legislator? Censure? Nothing bc he's got R next to his name? Buddy, they got it on video.

1680665436720.png

They made a bad choice but expulsion for protests? Gimme a break.

What about expulsion for getting physical with another legislator? Censure? Nothing bc he's got R next to his name? Buddy, they got it on video.

View attachment 544872

I have no problem with Lafferty facing punishment.

You are soft selling what they did as "protests". Non-violent 1/6ers spent years in jail for this. Now, unlike the Left, I am not for jailing these people but they should be expelled.

Reactions: OrangeBoro
I have no problem with Lafferty facing punishment.

You are soft selling what they did as "protests". Non-violent 1/6ers spent years in jail for this. Now, unlike the Left, I am not for jailing these people but they should be expelled.

Nothing will happen to Lafferty because it's not about honor, it's about politics.

I'm mostly interested in talking about the public officials involved, but what do you call this if it's not a "protest"?

And how is it even remotely comparable? As far as I know, they entered legally and peacefully, protested, and exited peacefully when LEO'S told them to leave (except one person who is facing charges). Are there people incarcerated for 1/6 who can say the same?

Nothing will happen to Lafferty because it's not about honor, it's about politics.

I mean, I'm mostly interested in talking about the public officials involved, but what do you call this if it's not a "protest"?

And how is it even remotely comparable? As far as I know, they entered legally and peacefully, protested, and exited peacefully when LEO'S told them to leave (except one person who is facing charges). Are there people incarcerated for 1/6 who can say the same?
Oh be careful. He's about to tell you they broke no laws. We're invited in. And it was an evil trick by the FBI to hit trump. Don't engage these people

Reactions: n_huffhines
Oh be careful. He's about to tell you they broke no laws. We're invited in. And it was an evil trick by the FBI to hit trump. Don't engage these people

No, they trespassed, but the serious charge (for those who were nonviolent) was Obstruction of an Official Proceeding. TN has a similar law and they could be (but likely wont be) charged, same as many of the 1/6ers.

I'm mostly interested in talking about the public officials involved, but what do you call this if it's not a "protest"?

Nothing will happen to Lafferty because nothing much happened from what I saw, but if he did, punish him.

As for the protest, the protest was outside the House Chamber and good for those folks for exercising their right and doing it peacefully. Have no problem with it. However, what the 3 idiots did wasnt a protest but an unlawful obstruction of official proceedings as the House was in session. I would say the same if a bunch of right wing pro life members did the same.

Nothing will happen to Lafferty because nothing much happened from what I saw, but if he did, punish him.

As for the protest, the protest was outside the House Chamber and good for those folks for exercising their right and doing it peacefully. Have no problem with it. However, what the 3 idiots did wasnt a protest but an unlawful obstruction of official proceedings as the House was in session. I would say the same if a bunch of right wing pro life members did the same.

No you wouldn't.

They were just leading a tour

VN Store

Back