So what happened to Dools?

stolitonic

PHD in eye discipline
My apologies for any PTSD issues caused by the mention of the name....

Anyways, talking with another Vol fan earlier today and Dools came up. Both of us knew he was on staff at Bama a few years ago but lost track after that. Internet searches indicate he was not retained as an analyst on DeBoers staff.

So is he jobless and out of football entirely now?

Reactions: livefaith
He was working on creating a group of five playoff earlier this year and pitching it to private investors.

Seriously? That's kinda sad.

The odd thing being maybe being the OC or a position coach at a G5 school is probably at about his level. He seemed to do pretty well at Mizzu as OC there.

I can't really blame him-fully anyway-for what happened here in terms of him being HC. Dude got thrown into water that was just way too deep.
I sometimes wonder if he had stayed at Louisiana Tech or wherever it was Hamilton found him for a few more seasons if he would have turned into a better HC.

Honestly kind of surprised he hasn't pooped up announcing games for somebody. Guy can be somewhat entertaining to listen to for a bit

My apologies for any PTSD issues caused by the mention of the name....

Anyways, talking with another Vol fan earlier today and Dools came up. Both of us knew he was on staff at Bama a few years ago but lost track after that. Internet searches indicate he was not retained as an analyst on DeBoers staff.

So is he jobless and out of football entirely now?

Dooley was coaching in the NFL last season.

Last edited:
Dooley I always felt tried his hardest here. Always wondered what if he got that DC hire right instead of wrong. I think this job kind of broke him emotionally at the end. Hate to hear the news about his wife. No one deserves that.
I think it was his mother who died not his wife.

I have to take issue with the bold part. He was the laziest recruiter in UT history. Butch tried hardest of the failed coaches between Fulmer and Heupel, but Butch just doesn’t have the makeup. He did work hard though. Dooley mailed it in.

But he said britches and mama so fans liked him better.

I have to take issue with the bold part. He was the laziest recruiter in UT history. Butch tried hardest of the failed coaches between Fulmer and Heupel, but Butch just doesn’t have the makeup. He did work hard though. Dooley mailed it in.

He certainly is a southern boy. After thinking about it, if his wife or mother had passed recently it would made it here.

Also, under Dooley's watch, our team fell so far academically that we damn near put ourselves out of post season eligibility! I don't know what strings Butch Jones and his staff pulled to avoid it, but we were damn lucky!

VN Store

Back