So Worley is the worst qb of all time apparently.

I knew someone would say this. I just wanted to remind people that he could actually throw. Nevermind the score.

Did you indeed watch that full game ..?? The reason we couldn't score was Worley couldn't make the damn passes in that that game ..I watched it ..I remember it vividly ..its 5-6 highlight reels ..if he had passed even few more of those that day we could have scored many more ..we had wayy too many 3 n outs that day..

Last edited:
Careful what you wish for is all I'm saying. That Oregon score would have been a lot worse with a pick 6 or two.

Oregon DB's can't run back pick 6's after they bounce off the field creating huge divots in the turf 5 yards away from them.....c'mon man seriously :rofl:

I knew someone would say this. I just wanted to remind people that he could actually throw. Nevermind the score.

Ive got video evidence that suggests otherwise. If he starts the next game, I will cheer for him and hope for the best.

I get people not liking the overt Worley criticism but I've yet to see any argument made other than "he's only had one turnover" and the "he was sorta accurate in the second half against WKU" line. Now we can add the whopping AR performance to the highlight reel. Let's not forget the guy came into the season with like 5 INT's and 1 TD. I said it early on Worley has never ever ever been impressive in any way while on this team. He doesn't have a go to pass you can point to or a particular niche, certainly not in a read option offense. He's definately your man in the victory formation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think he is a fine QB, but has a serious problem with "happy feet". On throws where he has time he still finds a way to throw off balance or on his back foot. I'm also not sure why he never opts to hold the ball on read runs? There have been multiple times where if he took the ball we may have gotten atleast 3 yards. I'm aware 3yrds doesn't seem like much but it will eventually make the LBs and DBs cheat up a bit......we need those 3yrds

I think that was Peyton's nickname. Happy Feet.:p

Did you indeed watch that full game ..?? The reason we couldn't score was Worley couldn't make damn passes in that game ..I watched in ..I remember it vividly ..its 5-6 highlight reels ..if he had passed even few more of those that day we could have scored many more ..we had wayy too many 3 n outs that day..

To be fair, I left at the end of the 3rd qtr. I had seen enough. Not to mention the 8 missed tackles on the Top Plays Punt Return wasn't pretty either.

Arkansas vs. Tennessee 2011 - YouTube

If we had "good receivers", as some have said, completion rate would be better. The throws in the dirt, I get that. The low, high, behind, in front of...is it the QB or is the receiver not in the right spot? I don't know.

Ive got video evidence that suggests otherwise. If he starts the next game, I will cheer for him and hope for the best.

Ditto that. I think Worley CAN get it done, I just don't see him doing it consistently. The only basis I have for this is the infrequent yet incredibly impressive throw.

His biggest problem seems to lie between the earholes of his power T helmet.

"It's been challenging at the quarterback position just because we haven't had any big, splash plays. I'd like to see Justin settle in a little bit more and a little more aggressive ... We need him to attack more." ~ CBJ on Justin Worley

Tennessee Football: Justin Worley on Short Leash; Should He Start vs. Florida? | Bleacher Report

If we had "good receivers", as some have said, completion rate would be better. The throws in the dirt, I get that. The low, high, behind, in front of...is it the QB or is the receiver not in the right spot? I don't know.

When you are chunking them in the dirt and your true freshman WR makes the top plays of ESPN digging your gems from the turf I have a hard time taking the leap that the recievers are the main culprit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I get people not liking the overt Worley criticism but I've yet to see any argument made other than "he's only had one turnover" and he was sorta accurate in the second half against WKU. Now we can add the whopping AR performance to the highlight reel. Let's not forget the guy came into the season with like 5 INT's and 1 TD. I said it early on Worley has never ever ever been impressive in any way while on this team. He doesn't have a go to pass you can point to or a particular niche, certainly not in a read option offense. He's definately your man in the victory formation.

Again if you're bouncing passes off the turf....throwing them over the WR's head....or hitting the sideline judge with it giving him a concussion...those INT #s will be low.

When you are chunking them in the dirt and your true freshman QB makes the top plays of ESPN digging your gems from the turf I have a hard time taking the leap that the recievers are the main culprit.

So, Worley is the main and only problem with the offense?

The one defense I can lend Worley is this. We got spoiled damn rotten by Bray threading needles and knitting quilts with the help of our star receivers. Bray's issue was attitude and lack of defense but he did spoil us as far as accuracy expectations. Worley is a hard working, good character guy who I am certain is trying his hardest. I truly hate this for him.

Reactions: 6 people
All this video does is show how far he's regressed. Dude either lost his mojo at some point or just doesn't fit this offense.

He was tossing to Da'rick Rogers and Rajion Neal in that game, two good receivers in anyone's book that can make a QB look good.

Worley's tossing to freshman and sophomore receivers this year after being coached (and I use that term loosely) by CDD and company the past two years. To say he might have lost his mojo is an understatement.

If it's a mental thing, hopefully the coach lit a fire under his behind by opening up the starter position. I think he's more than capable of performing on the field else he wouldn't be in the starter position. Just getting him to do is another matter entirely.

When you are chunking them in the dirt and your true freshman WR makes the top plays of ESPN digging your gems from the turf I have a hard time taking the leap that the recievers are the main culprit.

That. JW has missed North at least 3 times, 2 could have been for TD another was way underthrown for a big gain vs APSU. Not to mention missing Downs vs. Oregon and the other pass over the middle for a big gain when the score was at 17-7.

For the guys that support Worley make a list of great or good throws he's made. I'm jaded but I can think of maybe 10.

VN Store

Back