So Worley is the worst qb of all time apparently.

For the guys that support Worley make a list of great or good throws he's made. I'm jaded but I can think of maybe 10.

He may not be a world beater but I'm curious how many football teams you've coached. I can answer that. But too bad you can identify the appropriate starter but career coaches cannot.

Guess the fact he has no Patterson, Hunter, Rogers, etc to run routes has no affect.

I can only speak for myself here, but I feel that, especially after watching the replay of the UT offense posted by Freak, Worley is just not accurate enough to run this offense.

I saw too many throws that were too high or too low to receivers, that were wide open, for a QB in the SEC. It's that simple. I don't hate Worley. I just don't think he's the right QB for this offense.

I hate to be a "burn a redshirt" poster, but I have been watching some film and I believe that Dobbs would be a great compliment to this offense.

I really wish Worley could have been "The One", but after three games, I just haven't seen anything on the field that would lead me to believe that he is the right QB for the Vols.

I've watched every game, multiple times, but as much as I want Worley to be the starter, he's just not the player that we need.

I wish Worley the best after this season, but I'm ready for a QB that can either complete passes or keep the ball during the read option. If there's no threat that the QB will keep the ball; there's no reason for the defense to defend a QB run.

Reactions: 3 people
He may not be a world beater but I'm curious how many football teams you've coached. I can answer that. But too bad you can identify the appropriate starter but career coaches cannot.

Guess the fact he has no Patterson, Hunter, Rogers, etc to run routes has no affect.
This is dumb. The coaches have closed practice and reopened the QB competition...

This is dumb. The coaches have closed practice and reopened the QB competition...

Good point. The coaches spent the last 6 months playing Worley when they had Unitas, Montana, and Marino on the bench. Just because.

Good point. The coaches spent the last 6 months playing Worley when they had Unitas, Montana, and Marino on the bench. Just because.

That's cool you are sticking up for Worley. It doesn't change his performances. Moving past him is a big deal for a number of reasons. He'll likely start against UF. I hope he improves.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee vs. Arkansas Highlights - YouTube

Funny how his "noodle" arm looks pretty good when throwing to receivers who know what the f they're doing.

Worley is not as horrible as most people on volnation think and he will start against Florida and he willprobably start next year.

Yeah he put up miraculous stats against AP and WKU huh? It doesn't matter if someone shows flashes of being good. Its being able to do it on a consistent basis that counts. Yes Worley is that bad. He has failed multiple times this season to hit wide open players. Yes there have been some drops but they are far less than his shortcomings.

The only way he starts next year is if Dobbs and Fergie transfer.

That's cool you are sticking up for Worley. It doesn't change his performances. Moving past him is a big deal for a number of reasons. He'll likely start against UF. I hope he improves.

That's cool you think the coaches keep throwing him out there when they have superior options on the bench. It's just not reality at this point. I'd like someone to outperform him & start. But there's a reason he's continuously beating out the others in the coaches' opinions. They aren't gonna blindly throw somebody out there who cannot grasp the play book and protect the football. You think JW is bad, try putting a QB out there who turns the ball over time and again. My point is trust the coaches & their evaluations. Their damn livelihoods depend on it.

Agreed. I see Peterman seeing more than mop up duty but I believe Worley will still be the starter.

I think so, too. But, if we have someone on the bench, regardless of who it is or their status, that is actually better, we need to give them a chance. If we have someone better right now, burn the redshirt and throw them in.

For the guys that support Worley make a list of great or good throws he's made. I'm jaded but I can think of maybe 10.

I support him because apparently at the moment he's the best weve got. If someone else gets the start, i will support them too. Worley does seem to be struggling a little but as we all know, there are various reasons why. Its almost like his arm is tired or something.

Once again I was just posting this to remind people he can throw the ball.

If he was any good at all you wouldn't have to go back two years to find one good throw. He will be riding the pine by the south Alabama game if not Florida. He is a d3 qb who has no business playing in the sec.

It would be a close race between John Crompton & Joey Matthews for the worst QB I have ever seen since I started watching UT play in the late mid 80s. I really hope Worley can get it together and take charge of this team. GO VOLS!

If he was any good at all you wouldn't have to go back two years to find one good throw. He will be riding the pine by the south Alabama game if not Florida. He is a d3 qb who has no business playing in the sec.

Who do you think will be starting for UT?

It would be a close race between John Crompton & Joey Matthews for the worst QB I have ever seen since I started watching UT play in the late mid 80s. I really hope Worley can get it together and take charge of this team. GO VOLS!

Matthews. At least cromp had an arm.

Don't forget CJ Leak.

Crompton threw for 300 yards and 5 tds vs a ranked Georgia team. Worley couldn't do that if he was playing the crippled children's home. Mathews was bad but he playing with tendinitis in his throwing elbow so at least he had an excuse. Worley is the least talented qb I've seen start at Tennessee .

Reactions: 4 people
Who do you think will be starting for UT?

Honestly in my opinion it will be Riley Ferguson when it's all said and done, but I could care less as long as its not Worley. He lacks the talent needed to play in the sec,and he plays scared.

Your right I forgot all about CJ Leak. LOL

Do you remember the melt down Crompton had against UCLA? That had to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen in a Ut QB. And I will go ahead and add Eric Ainge and his blow up against LSU in 05.

VN Store

Back