Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

OU has been the 6’8” kid on the middle school team for much of their program history. It’s easy to win when most teams can’t fight back.

Six teams from the SEC have won the national championship since the BCS/Playoffs were introduced. This is not the same league you’re accustomed to.

I think OU will have some success, but you have to do more than just show up now. Keeping beating your chest. It’s about time to kick it off…
It won’t be hard having some success. When was the last time the Vols played in the Conference Championship? OU may have played in a weaker conference but we won 14 and Texas second with 3. We didn’t get drilled by Georgia in the CFP game. We lost in OT. It sounds like you Vols just want to use the SEC for being so irrelevant this century.

It won’t be hard having some success. When was the last time the Vols played in the Conference Championship? OU may have played in a weaker conference but we won 14 and Texas second with 3. We didn’t get drilled by Georgia in the CFP game. We lost in OT. It sounds like you Vols just want to use the SEC for being so irrelevant this century.
OU’s last national championship was 2000. With all those Big 12 conference championships. UT’s was 1998. We’ve been terrible recently, but our last title has about as must dust on it as yours.

I’m not using the SEC to stay relevant. It’s a tougher league that has produced more national title schools than the Big 12.

Also, you conveniently brag about your UGA moral victory but forget getting drilled by LSU in the Peach Bowl and Bama’s W in the Orange. That’s 0-3 in neutral field games. Welcome to the conference, keep puffing your chest out.

Last edited:
I think the point we are trying to get across is that OU will be one of the better teams in the league, but OU will not be in the top 4.

In the big12 you were basically guaranteed to be in the top 2 with Texas, and no one has done less with more than texas.

Your team is ready for sec play. You have a talented roster, but you are replacing a very good qb and an elite offensive coordinator. Your team has questions to answer, and the answers will not be as easy to find with the schedule.

If i had to bet my house on the ut ou game i would probably bet on ou at this point due to home field, however, if i had to bet my house on you winning or losing more games than you did last year i would definitely bet more losses.

Funny Vols trying to rationalize OU losing to KU and them getting beat by Florida and drilled by Mizzou. I know a NFL head coach and he thinks Leupold one of the best in CF. What he’s done at KU is awfully good. He’s a hell of a lot better coach than Napier or Drink. It’s all relative
Think he’d know how to spell his name. 🤔

We had a downturn following the end of the Fulmer era in which you benefited for two matchups…it happens. See your program post Switzer/pre-Stoops. Took longer for us to correct because our dysfunction was fueled by incompetent administration snowballing down from the President to AD. It’s different when everybody is pulling in the same direction with the same mission statement…which I only assume is your experience with your program. Not acknowledging that and beating this “You’re doomed to live the worst of your history.” refrain over and over while resenting any dissent on OUR MESSAGE BOARD is akin to wooing a respectable lady with the pitch you use for Moore Meth prostitutes…”Shut up and let me plop on top of you!” 😏

OU’s last national championships was 2000. With all those Big 12 conference championships. UT’s was 1998. We’ve been terrible recently, but our last title has about as must dust on it as yours.

I’m not using the SEC to stay relevant. It’s a tougher league that has produced more national title schools than the Big 12.

Also, you conveniently brag about your UGA moral victory but forget getting drilled by LSU in the Peach Bowl and Bama’s W in the Orange. That’s 0-3 in neutral field games. Welcome to the conference, keep puffing your chest out.
How many CFP have you played this century. We may not have won a title but unlike you we’ve been relevant mostly the whole century. We’ve played in 4 Finals and 3 CFP semis. How about you? None, One, ? On UGA I’m responding to comments we’ve been blown out by SEC teams. LOL that 15-0 LSU drilled a lot of teams. That’s not a barometer …. Too funny. If you’d have played them oh my. Versus Bama we lost 45-34 but out scored them 34-17 pretty much the last 3 quarters. Okay they beat us 4 more points than UGA in the final. I’m not puffing my chest. I’m being objective. Oklahoma is going to have a tougher time in the SEC. But we aren’t little red riding vs the big bad wolf. You guys are acting like you guys are going waltz right into Norman and waltz right back out. That could happen but Vegas is favoring us. Just say it’s going to be a tough game on the road with 2 teams almost identically ranked in the polls.

How many CFP have you played this century. We may not have won a title but unlike you we’ve been relevant mostly the whole century. We’ve played in 4 Finals and 3 CFP semis. How about you? None, One, ? On UGA I’m responding to comments we’ve been blown out by SEC teams. LOL that 15-0 LSU drilled a lot of teams. That’s not a barometer …. Too funny. If you’d have played them oh my. Versus Bama we lost 45-34 but out scored them 34-17 pretty much the last 3 quarters. Okay they beat us 4 more points than UGA in the final. I’m not puffing my chest. I’m being objective. Oklahoma is going to have a tougher time in the SEC. But we aren’t little red riding vs the big bad wolf. You guys are acting like you guys are going waltz right into Norman and waltz right back out. That could happen but Vegas is favoring us. Just say it’s going to be a tough game on the road with 2 teams almost identically ranked in the polls.
You’re an “objective” homer! Resume narrative. 😏

Thanks I screwed up it’s 13 not 11. Trent Williams is the only one not his own. My mistake
If your o-line coach was #1 he wouldn’t need 5 new transfers to start, he’s been there too long for that. And we can compare Wanya Morris & Darnell Wright. Both 5 stars, same class same college. Wanya transfers underdeveloped, Wright stays underdeveloped as well once Elarbee got to him. Wright goes on to be a top10 pick, Wanya got lucky to be a 3rd rounder. Wright has already established himself as a future star in the NFL, Wanya getting beat out by a 2nd round rookie. 🤔

If your o-line coach was #1 he wouldn’t need 5 new transfers to start, he’s been there too long for that. And we can compare Wanya Morris & Darnell Wright. Both 5 stars, same class same college. Wanya transfers underdeveloped, Wright stays underdeveloped as well once Elarbee got to him. Wright goes on to be a top10 pick, Wanya got lucky to be a 3rd rounder. Wright has already established himself as a future star in the NFL, Wanya getting beat out by a 2nd round rookie. 🤔
And I agree. He screwed up big time. I’m not happy in the least. In fact I’m livid. But we are starting 3 new transfers not 5. 5 new starters though. Wanya got lucky because of Bedenbaugh’s stellar reputation within the NFL. Again I’m predicting 8-4 unless our OL is better than I think.

And I agree. He screwed up big time. I’m not happy in the least. In fact I’m livid. But we are starting 3 new transfers not 5. 5 new starters though. Wanya got lucky because of Bedenbaugh’s stellar reputation within the NFL. Again I’m predicting 8-4 unless our OL is better than I think.
8-4 is reasonable, unless injuries pile up. Difference in the SEC from the Big12 is it doesn’t take much to go from 8-4 to 5-7. Better hope TN doesn’t knock out Arnold for a few games, back up QB isn’t ideal no?

Reactions: CedarHillVol
What you’re predicting is what will happen if you have a pretty good line. If it’s bad, you’ll be 6-6.

Also, that screwup makes him not #1.

8-4 is reasonable, unless injuries pile up. Difference in the SEC from the Big12 is it doesn’t take much to go from 8-4 to 5-7. Better hope TN doesn’t knock out Arnold for a few games, back up QB isn’t ideal no?
Injuries do matter to QB’s and really any key player. Oklahoma’s defense is vastly improved and depth especially. They got 2 top 10 DT’s in recruiting that just got here. One was Rivals #1 and he’s nor the other have cracked the 2 deep. They have 2 first team preseason SEC defensive first teamers. They got a transfer DT that was a freshman all-American in the transfer portal. They have a 5 star DE now a sophomore that graded 5th according to PFF. They have the 5th most receiving production in the country returning at WR. We aren’t worried about roster too much competing except the OL.

What you’re predicting is what will happen if you have a pretty good line. If it’s bad, you’ll be 6-6.

Also, that screwup makes him not #1.
No he’s number 1 according to an NFL head coach I know. But there were some unforeseen things. It’s inexcusable. I’m predicting better than 8-4 if the OL is average.

Injuries do matter to QB’s and really any key player. Oklahoma’s defense is vastly improved and depth especially. They got 2 top 10 DT’s in recruiting that just got here. One was Rivals #1 and he’s nor the other have cracked the 2 deep. They have 2 first team preseason SEC defensive first teamers. They got a transfer DT that was a freshman all-American in the transfer portal. They have a 5 star DE now a sophomore that graded 5th according to PFF. They have the 5th most receiving production in the country returning at WR. We aren’t worried about roster too much competing except the OL.
I have no doubt about the defense under BV, it’s the offense that’s been mediocre. I can’t name a running back on the roster, the WRs are banking on a transfer to save the day(sounds like a theme). QB recruiting haven’t been great outside Arnold, and o-line obliviously not doing something right.

I have no doubt about the defense under BV, it’s the offense that’s been mediocre. I can’t name a running back on the roster, the WRs are banking on a transfer to save the day(sounds like a theme). QB recruiting haven’t been great outside Arnold, and o-line obliviously not doing something right.
The offense that was 4th in the nation in Scoring? OC very experienced and was the #1 offensive analyst. Not much changes. Most former players now in the media think he’s better than Lebby. We arent worried. According to SportsGrid we have 2 top 25 WR you have none. We’re good thanks.

Just say it’s going to be a tough game on the road with 2 teams almost identically ranked in the polls.
That’s exactly what most of us expect, but your boy started this thread to talk ****. You’re on our board, buster. You don’t get to throw crap at the walls and then demand respect. Why is it so important to you that we acknowledge how great OU is?

News flash: we can talk **** too, so I hope all you Sooners are still hanging around after we whoop that ass in a month.

Last edited:
No he’s number 1 according to an NFL head coach I know. But there were some unforeseen things. It’s inexcusable. I’m predicting better than 8-4 if the OL is average.
I can see how important this is to you. If I claim I know Bob Stoops and he told me he’s concerned about the OL, who are you going to claim to know next?

Reactions: -GiveHim6-
The offense that was 4th in the nation in Scoring? OC very experienced and was the #1 offensive analyst. Not much changes. Most former players now in the media think he’s better than Lebby. We arent worried. According to SportsGrid we have 2 top 25 WR you have none. We’re good thanks.
So the new analyst is better than the OC who just became a head coach? Got it. And I’m not impressed with you putting up points with Heupel’s disciple against a conference full of 3 stars. Your QB is pick happy, and I’ll take our wideouts over Purdue scraps and whatever else you guys have in po’dunk Oklahoma. You’re not good, you suck and we’re boat racing that arse.

VN Store

Back