Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

That’s exactly what most of us expect, but your boy started this thread to talk ****. You’re on our board, buster. You don’t get to throw crap at the walls and then demand respect. Why is it so important to you that we acknowledge how great OU is?

News flash: we can talk **** too, so I hope all you Sooners are still hanging around after we whoop that ass in a month.
They won’t be, still won’t make the prison sex less painful.

I can see how important this is to you. If I claim I know Bob Stoops and he told me he’s concerned about the OL, who are you going to claim to know next?
It’s no big deal. It’s definitely subjective, OC has a lofty resume. Bedenbaugh has his skins on the wall. Joe Moore award, Broyles finalist, most OL starters in the NFL currently.

Ya know I kinda liked OU and thought they were the lesser of 2 evils with Texas until these a-holes showed up. Who in the hell goes to another program’s message board to talk crap!? You’re not going to get the praise you seek here, so are you insane or just retarded?
guy’s just redneck as hell lol

Last edited:
Rodney Garner > Bedenbaugh. Which is the real matchup, now tell me I’m wrong.
We’ll see. I like Bates ours better. His resume off the charts. Both good. But Tenn DL not top 10 in PFF . Pearce really good. But if you’d say will we struggle vs your DL I’d say it’s possible. Like I said Vegas likes us so they may like us in other matchups 🤷‍♂️

We’ll see. I like Bates ours better. His resume off the charts. Both good. But Tenn DL not top 10 in PFF . Pearce really good. But if you’d say will we struggle vs your DL I’d say it’s possible. Like I said Vegas likes us so they may like us in other matchups 🤷‍♂️
Your top d tackle(Terry) ran from competition. You’ll find out about James Pearce’s buddies real soon. And “James Pearce is really good” uh duh, he’s only projected to go #1 overall. Not too bad I guess, even by the great OU standards.

Three ACTUAL games happen IRL before final spread is established. Hold on to this slippery lifeline like it’s a tether, tho. 😅

I see the op has proven what my Texas Longhorn son-in-law says about OK fans.
I can assure that you are correct. I got banned from Orangebloods after 24-years for posting a similar set of stats that cast shade on (refuted with facts) the Horn boasts. Sorry you have a horn SIL. Also, heed my subtle warning about going on Orangebloods with facts.

Just remember that this is, after all, our site, and you are a guest.

Having said that, I have great respect for Oklahoma's tradition; they are unquestionably one of the true traditional powers. And, as a college football fan, I must say that Oklahoma's offense has historically been a distinct pleasure to watch, going back to the days of Jack Mildren and Greg Pruitt. Indeed, for more than 50 years, I regarded the 1971 Oklahoma-Nebraska game as the best college football game I had ever seen. That position, in my opinion, has been superseded by the 2022 UT-Alabama game.

Nevertheless, I suspect that, as a lifelong Sooner fan, you would admit that, particularly during the years OU was affiliated with the Big Eight, competition usually consisted of the Big Two and the Little Six. Welcome to the SEC, the last bastion of legalized intertribal warfare.
V-Rex, I acknowledge my status as guest. I also very much respect your post. As I mentioned at the outset my affinity for UT (not tu) goes back to the '60's. I cannot cede the '71 game v. Nebbish as anything but the game of the century but certainly can see that your choice is a viable contender.

BTW, just as you cannot pick your parents, until very, very recently you could not pick the conference you played in. It is poor form to bash the conferences. UT did not always play in the SEC either. Regardless, looking forward to your banter this season.

Respectfully,
fairdinkem

Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.
Wow, 50 conference championships. That would be impressive if y’all would’ve had 10 teams or more competing for the championship over the years. But, considering y’all have played in the Big 6, Big 7, and Big 8 up until 1994ish (Big 12), not so much. No one in the SEC is impressed with the Sooners. No one cares about your record in the little leagues.

Personally, I can’t recall a time the SEC has had less than 10 teams. In fact, I think it’s been a minimum of 10 teams since the 1930’s. Statistically, the more competition a team has, the tougher it is to build those stats.

Reactions: Capt Whiskey
V-Rex, I acknowledge my status as guest. I also very much respect your post. As I mentioned at the outset my affinity for UT (not tu) goes back to the '60's. I cannot cede the '71 game v. Nebbish as anything but the game of the century but certainly can see that your choice is a viable contender.

BTW, just as you cannot pick your parents, until very, very recently you could not pick the conference you played in. It is poor form to bash the conferences. UT did not always play in the SEC either. Regardless, looking forward to your banter this season.

Respectfully,
fairdinkem
Your wrong. Tennessee has been in the SEC with a minimum of 10 competitors since the early 1930’s. 90 plus years in the SEC.

Respectfully,
fairdinkem
Facts are facts, we have the nations #6 recruiting class, that’s good for #5 in the SEC. It’s a different animal

You came on here comparing stats that are in OU favor therefore putting UT down. What were your expectations? Were you expecting us to agree and bow to you /OU. OU has been / was a great program over the years in a different conference. Let see how your stats hold up in the SEC.
Nope, I came here comparing stats. That's it & that fact that I have always had an affinity for UT. It appears that this fanbase had no respect for facts or history as simple truth.

We had a downturn following the end of the Fulmer era in which you benefited for two matchups…it happens. See your program post Switzer/pre-Stoops. Took longer for us to correct because our dysfunction was fueled by incompetent administration snowballing down from the President to AD. It’s different when everybody is pulling in the same direction with the same mission statement…which I only assume is your experience with your program. Not acknowledging that and beating this “You’re doomed to live the worst of your history.” refrain over and over while resenting any dissent on OUR MESSAGE BOARD is akin to wooing a respectable lady with the pitch you use for Moore Meth prostitutes…”Shut up and let me plop on top of you!” 😏
In the famous words & book title of UT "God" Mack Brown, "Know Excuses"

Respectfully,
fairdinkem
The only reason UT hasn’t always played in the SEC is because Tennessee football predates the conference’s existence. UT is a founding member. The meetings that established the SEC were held in Knoxville, for pete’s sake. You’re making yourself look silly with that comment.

I’m gonna exit this thread for awhile. I’ll revisit game week. I’m plenty concerned about playing Tenn. I think the OU fans aren’t being objective enough as a tough game. If I’m Josh Heupel I’m motivated as hell. Planned to succeed Bob Stoops at his Alma mater. Abruptly fired. Only OC Stoops ever fired. I’d be plenty pumped.

According to statistics UT was a member of the Southern Conference & was also an independent.
Yep. About 16 to 18 years as an independent starting in the very early 1900’s, then in the Southern Conference for 10 to 12 years, and finally the Vols began to play in the SEC in 1932 or 33 where TN became a founding member of the SEC and against a minimum of 10 teams. Those founding 10 teams are still in the SEC.

Reactions: marvin616
Yep. About 16 to 18 years as an independent starting in the very early 1900’s, then in the Southern Conference for 10 to 12 years, and finally the Vols began to play in the SEC in 1932 or 33 where TN became a founding member of the SEC and against a minimum of 10 teams. Those founding 10 teams are still in the SEC.
Your earlier retort seems like more of a canard than fact.

VN Store

Back