Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

I think what we are trying to tell you is that if Kansas played in the sec they would not have won 8 regular season games. Conversely, if Florida played your schedule last year they would have won 8 games.

Welcome to the sec

Yeah -- believe it or not we've heard that from SEC folks before.

Why do you suppose that Mizzu and Texas A&M were mid-tier teams in the Big XII, and turned into mid-tier teams in the SEC? They had very little if any decline in production in the SEC. Why?

Wow, you guys are tough. I've always had a soft spot for the Vols and certainly since Heuple hired on. Mainly used to dealing with cults at TA&M and the elitists (trophy-less) in Austin. You guys thus far win the ad hominem attack title hands down. Carry on.

Just remember that this is, after all, our site, and you are a guest.

Having said that, I have great respect for Oklahoma's tradition; they are unquestionably one of the true traditional powers. And, as a college football fan, I must say that Oklahoma's offense has historically been a distinct pleasure to watch, going back to the days of Jack Mildren and Greg Pruitt. Indeed, for more than 50 years, I regarded the 1971 Oklahoma-Nebraska game as the best college football game I had ever seen. That position, in my opinion, has been superseded by the 2022 UT-Alabama game.

Nevertheless, I suspect that, as a lifelong Sooner fan, you would admit that, particularly during the years OU was affiliated with the Big Eight, competition usually consisted of the Big Two and the Little Six. Welcome to the SEC, the last bastion of legalized intertribal warfare.

Your pal sooner redzone was discussing lines. Don’t move the goalposts.

I'd like to talk about the whole team and the game result. I think Oklahoma has a better team and will win the game on Sept. 21st.

But if we're going to keep the conversation centered on OL and DL play, I'll just say that I think Oklahoma's OL and DL will be strong enough to get us wins in the SEC. I think a 9-3 or 8-4 record is most likely, with 10-2 or 7-5 also possible but less likely.

I'd like to talk about the whole team and the game result. I think Oklahoma has a better team and will win the game on Sept. 21st.

But if we're going to keep the conversation centered on OL and DL play, I'll just say that I think Oklahoma's OL and DL will be strong enough to get us wins in the SEC. I think a 9-3 or 8-4 record is most likely, with 10-2 or 7-5 also possible but less likely.
Kudos for returning centered. I tried to tell y’all about the xenos! 🤣🤙🏼

I can see your overstated opinion of the SEC with your poor success for so long. I mean how many coaches this century? Heck 3 in the last 8. You go through coaches like popcorn. More if you count what Schiano and Leach the same day 🤪🤷‍♂️🤣
The Oklahoma internet told you Schiano and Leach happened the SAME DAY? 😏 Get a better provider.

Here is the only overall ranking I could find. You have a higher rated secondary. That is all.

Like I said home field is a huge advantage, and OU should be favored in this years game. Luckily we play a quality opponent before OU in NCST, so we will know what we have. OU will go in relatively untested.

The Oklahoma internet told you Schiano and Leach happened the SAME DAY? 😏 Get a better provider.
I can’t remember the story. Help me out. The AD was going to hire Schiano the fans went ballistic. Then he was going to hire Leach and the fans got him fired. Was it not within 24 hours?

Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.

I'll be there with one of my best pals, who is an OU fan. He just beat colon cancer and this is how we're celebrating.

Hopefully, I can get revenge on him for prematurely texting me "congrats" and hexing us so we blew the double-digit lead a few years back.

Yeah -- believe it or not we've heard that from SEC folks before.

Why do you suppose that Mizzu and Texas A&M were mid-tier teams in the Big XII, and turned into mid-tier teams in the SEC? They had very little if any decline in production in the SEC. Why?
Maintaining mediocrity is not that hard. Maintaining excellence is. As an example, over the past 10 years how many times would OU have beaten bama or uga? They have been the class of college football, and Auburn and UT have to play them both each year. Subsequently we have both had coaching turnover.

I can’t remember the story. Help me out. The AD was going to hire Schiano the fans went ballistic. Then he was going to hire Leach and the fans got him fired. Was it not within 24 hours?
Went through multiple interviews afterward. David Doeren, Mike Gundy, David Cutcliffe and Jeff Brohm was all but announced before Jimmy Hyams (a local loudmouth) leaked the details and he reneged. Leach was his going rogue and radio silent while borrowing a donor’s plane and reaching a deal with Leach before getting called back to Knoxville to be canned. He wasn’t able to defy time and physics to get that all attempted in 24 hours.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Maintaining mediocrity is not that hard. Maintaining excellence is. As an example, over the past 10 years how many times would OU have beaten bama or uga? They have been the class of college football, and Auburn and UT have to play them both each year. Subsequently we have both had coaching turnover.

Now here’s the quintessential SEC talking point: tell us how you’ve done against our very best.

All time, we lead Bama. During the Saban years, we beat Bama once (won by 14) and lost to Bama once (lost by 12)

Against, Kirby Smart’s UGA, we lost once in double overtime.

No SEC fan wants to talk about how OU does against mid-tier SEC teams.

With the addition of OU and Texas, I don’t think we’ll see undefeated SEC teams in conference play.

Reactions: SoullessGinger32_
Now here’s the quintessential SEC talking point: tell us how you’ve done against our very best.

All time, we lead Bama. During the Saban years, we beat Bama once (won by 14) and lost to Bama once (lost by 12)

With the addition of OU and Texas, I don’t think we’ll see undefeated SEC teams in conference play.
So you beat bama once 10 years ago while Stoops was still your coach, in a meaningless bowl game. All 3 were on neutral fields. Congratulations.

Remind yourself of this thread when you have to go on the road yet again to a tuff environment after squeaking out a close win. Having to get up for a game every weak takes a toll. If your team is not super deep you end up losing to a mid tier sec opponent.

OU has never faced a schedule like they will this year. Last year your strength of schedule was 50th this year it is 8th. Good luck

Last edited:
You got drilled my Mizzou. Mizzou hasn’t beat OU since WW2
Mizzou has had some good teams in recent years, regardless, there isn’t much excuse losing to them and Florida last season other than not having a dynamic qb like Hooker. This program has been in rebuilding mode for too long due to decades-long coaching hire blunders, but Heupel seems to have us going in the right direction.

OU had no business losing to Kansas, just like 2023 Tennessee had no business losing to Florida. So which loss was worse?
That's a tough one. Both road losses. Ours was week 3, yours was week 8. I'm not trying to chant "SEC" at you, but final records be damned, Florida has more talent than Kansas.

Your loss was slightly worse. It was later in the season and they had less talent.

You mentioned being dinged up at RB and the flags going against you. We were out 2 OL & MLB. Refs weren't kind to us either. Even the announcers were incredulous about a few FL non-calls and flags the we got.

Cool. What did 247 rate Tennessee's DB and LB?

Here's how Phil Steele rated Tennessee and Oklahoma defenses:

OU......DL 11....LB 1.....DB 1
Tenn....DL 3.....LB 13....DB 14
I'm presuming this is ranking the SEC this year? Or is that last years ratings?

If that's this year's projections......
DB, I'll admit we have to show it on the field first, but we're more talented than 14th.

LB is pure recency bias if that's what they're projecting us. Losing our MLB (Keenan Pili) was kryptonite last year. We had to move guys out of position and played two true freshman at times. Before getting into experience, our talent has upgraded this season.

Wow, you guys are tough. I've always had a soft spot for the Vols and certainly since Heuple hired on. Mainly used to dealing with cults at TA&M and the elitists (trophy-less) in Austin. You guys thus far win the ad hominem attack title hands down. Carry on.
You came on here comparing stats that are in OU favor therefore putting UT down. What were your expectations? Were you expecting us to agree and bow to you /OU. OU has been / was a great program over the years in a different conference. Let see how your stats hold up in the SEC.

I don't see many mid tier SEC teams on your upcoming schedule. 6 of them are ranked top 15 at least. Good luck going over 7-5 or 8-4

Funny Vols trying to rationalize OU losing to KU and them getting beat by Florida and drilled by Mizzou. I know a NFL head coach and he thinks Leupold one of the best in CF. What he’s done at KU is awfully good. He’s a hell of a lot better coach than Napier or Drink. It’s all relative

Funny Vols trying to rationalize OU losing to KU and them getting beat by Florida and drilled by Mizzou. I know a NFL head coach and he thinks Leupold one of the best in CF. What he’s done at KU is awfully good. He’s a hell of a lot better coach than Napier or Drink. It’s all relative
Leopold is a great coach, but he hasn’t had a chance to build a quality roster. Fla and mizzu were both in the top 25 on the talent composite last year and KU was 62. Vandy was 58th

The talent level OU will face this year week in and week out is significantly better. You can’t really argue that.

OU has been the 6’8” kid on the middle school team for much of their program history. It’s easy to win when most teams can’t fight back.

Six teams from the SEC have won the national championship since the BCS/Playoffs were introduced. This is not the same league you’re accustomed to.

I think OU will have some success, but you have to do more than just show up now. Keeping beating your chest. It’s about time to kick it off…

Leopold is a great coach, but he hasn’t had a chance to build a quality roster. Fla and mizzu were both in the top 25 on the talent composite last year and KU was 62. Vandy was 58th

The talent level OU will face this year week in and week out is significantly better. You can’t really argue that.
No but talent doesn’t always win was my point. Georgia Tech says a big hiya. Trying to signal OU’s KU loss as some barometer ain’t gonna work. If the argument is that holy shite the Oklahoma Sooners better get ready for the big bad wolf then I say the SEC better get ready for a tougher conference schedule as well adding UT & OU. No question that OU won’t rule the conference. No question that the schedule won’t be tougher. Oklahoma is not yet roster ready to contend for the SEC title. But it’s damn close. All this 7-5 talk will only happen if our OL is crap. There has seriously been a huge culture change since Riley left. The S&C program and accountability had tapered. We’ll see if this is the breakout year. Last I looked we beat Texas but everybody thinks they are ready and we aren’t lol.

VN Store

Back