Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

Just a little bullish about his OL & DL coaches, but I think he's arguing in good faith. Seems like he's trying to keep the info and stats pertinent to the oncoming matchup.

I knew he was gonna post that 2015 OK@TN clip as soon as I saw the Boise State clip.

@Sooner Redzone. By blue chip ratio, how comparable to your 2015 talent level is this 2024 squad? Unbelievable 4th qtr comeback you guys pulled off, but we're a little more talented this time around. Most importantly, Butch Jones is long gone. We don't kick FG's from the 1yrd line no more! Looking forward to the game.
We are exceedingly better on defense. Stoops who sugar coats absolutely nothing and is way overly objective about the team has privately said it’s the best defense since 2003. By far the fastest. Edge rushers 4 deep. Not on Pearce’s level. But we have 2 first team coaches All-SEC defensive players. But the 2015 team went 11-1 regular season. Better on defense but no Baker. In fact 10 players on offense were eventually drafted. These guys all major NFL players. Baker, Sterling Shepherd, Dede Westbrook ( NYC for Heisman) Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, Orlando Brown Jr. Mark Andrews (DNP for some reason) and several other linemen who got drafted but only Ben Powers starting at Denver. But they were all young sophomore starters and the offense had the new OC Lincoln Riley but they didn’t explode until several games later. So the offense is definitely not on that level.

But the depth chart was released today. We are starting a true freshman at DT. He was at IMG Academy. Was an early enrollee. You’d think that’s a bad thing. It’s definitely not as Brent Venables loathes starting freshmen as it messes with his strict adherence to a veteran seniority culture. He’s the real deal. Has to be. We’ve got tons of depth there.

But no this team can’t go 11-1 even in the Big 12. Like I’ve said it’s 8-4 unless the OL surprises me. We look to be evenly matched with Tenn. Favored only because it’s a home game.

A few questions:
Do you think you will finish 4th in the nation or better in total offense?

I understand you had to let Gabriel walk in order to keep Arnold, but do you think Arnold (first year starter) will be as efficient as Gabriel who has played a ton of football?

Do you think your new oc, who I believe has never called plays will be better than Lebby who was fantastic at 3 different schools?
Arnold is a better runner and a 5 star sophomore and no limitations as he has a great arm. We lost to KU & OSU because of Lebby playing a ridiculous horizontal passing game. Gabriel cannot throw over the middle did limit Lebby. . But Arnold has little experience and a suspect line despite our great OL coach. Seth Littrell was OC and play caller at Indiana, UNC, UNT head coach 7 years and play caller. So he’s called plays for about 12 years.

Again 8-4 unless the OL is better than I think. If somehow our OL coach works magic then we could be pretty good with this defense.

Arnold is a better runner and a 5 star sophomore and no limitations as he has a great arm. We lost to KU & OSU because of Lebby playing a ridiculous horizontal passing game. Gabriel cannot throw over the middle did limit Lebby. . But Arnold has little experience and a suspect line despite our great OL coach. Seth Littrell was OC and play caller at Indiana, UNC, UNT head coach 7 years and play caller. So he’s called plays for about 12 years.

Again 8-4 unless the OL is better than I think. If somehow our OL coach works magic then we could be pretty good with this defense.
My bad i meant to say he has never called plays at ou. I understand he was the oc for several really bad teams. If my math is correct he had a few winning seasons as a head coach at nt, but at unc, and indiana they were terrible. While Lebby has called plays for a really good ucf team, a great ole miss team, and your too 4 o from last year.

My bad i meant to say he has never called plays at ou. I understand he was the oc for several really bad teams. If my math is correct he had a few winning seasons as a head coach at nt, but at unc, and indiana they were terrible. While Lebby has called plays for a really good ucf team, a great ole miss team, and your too 4 o from last year.
Lebby as most OC’s had plenty of distractors. He single-handedly lost the KU game. His situational play calls often WTF? We had a late interception with the lead versus KU. He promptly runs the hurry up and burns 30 seconds in 3 plays. We punt KU goes and scores on a drive. He nearly blew several games running the hurry up with leads.

Now I thought minus the OSU & KU losses when Lebby went with this ridiculous horizontal passing game and disdained the run game having great success.he did a great job. But the offense won’t change under Littrell. But he’s a very good play caller.

Mizzou has had some good teams in recent years, regardless, there isn’t much excuse losing to them and Florida last season other than not having a dynamic qb like Hooker. This program has been in rebuilding mode for too long due to decades-long coaching hire blunders, but Heupel seems to have us going in the right direction.
There was plenty of excuse for losing to Missouri. They were a damn good team last year. Wouldn’t have mattered who was QB; we didn’t have a LBer on the roster that could deal with Schrader catching the ball.

With no major injuries this will be a much much better defense. Linebackers are going to surprise some if they can stay healthy. Dline is deep and talented. DBs who the hell knows; much more athletic. Both CBs look the part for sure, have to see in game how they do.

Awesome showing one starter on DL from Tenn in the NFL Shy Tuttle. OU has 7 OL starters better get that DL ready cool
The team was devoid of talent when Heupel and Garner got here. Byron Young was a an assistant manager at Dollar General before he came to Tennessee to be coached by them. Now he's an NFL rookie with 60 tackles/ 8 sacks and was named to the All-Rookie team. Next year, they'll send the first defensive player taken in the draft. What about those facts make you think anything other than that theyre great coaches and talent developers?

Last edited:
There was plenty of excuse for losing to Missouri. They were a damn good team last year. Wouldn’t have mattered who was QB; we didn’t have a LBer on the roster that could deal with Schrader catching the ball.

With no major injuries this will be a much much better defense. Linebackers are going to surprise some if they can stay healthy. Dline is deep and talented. DBs who the hell knows; much more athletic. Both CBs look the part for sure, have to see in game how they do.

A better QB would have made that game much closer.

Last edited:
The team was devoid of talent when Heupel and Garner got here. Byron Young was a an assistant manager at Dollar General before he came to Tennessee to be coached by them. Now he's an NFL rookie with 60 tackles/ 8 sacks and was named to the All-Rookie team. Next year, they'll send the first defensive player taken in the draft. What about those facts make you think anything other than that theyre great coaches and talent developers?
Welcome. Hope you read a couple of these threads! 🤙🏼

Reactions: TnScooby
Welcome. Hope you read a couple of these threads! 🤙🏼
I've read pretty much every thread since Kiffin skipped town. I remember the Grumors, I remember Brick by Brick, I remember Dooley getting wheeled up the ramp. I've anticipated every recruit's commitment since the Dooley years on this website, and I've watched every meltdown along the way. I just never felt like I needed to say anything. Yall have said it all and then some. But now I just want to join the fun.

I've read pretty much every thread since Kiffin skipped town. I remember the Grumors, I remember Brick by Brick, I remember Dooley getting wheeled up the ramp. I've anticipated every recruit's commitment since the Dooley years on this website, and I've watched every meltdown along the way. I just never felt like I needed to say anything. Yall have said it all and then some. But now I just want to join the fun.
You can create an avatar to replace the H in your profile. Here’s a starter, you can change it later… or not!

IMG_5550.jpeg

Garner has skins on the wall. The poster said he had more than Bedenbaugh. Not the last 5 years. It’s not close. My point is that throughout this thread several have dismissed him. I mean just say I didn’t realize he was why OU is OLU

We are exceedingly better on defense. Stoops who sugar coats absolutely nothing and is way overly objective about the team has privately said it’s the best defense since 2003. By far the fastest. Edge rushers 4 deep. Not on Pearce’s level. But we have 2 first team coaches All-SEC defensive players. But the 2015 team went 11-1 regular season. Better on defense but no Baker. In fact 10 players on offense were eventually drafted. These guys all major NFL players. Baker, Sterling Shepherd, Dede Westbrook ( NYC for Heisman) Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, Orlando Brown Jr. Mark Andrews (DNP for some reason) and several other linemen who got drafted but only Ben Powers starting at Denver. But they were all young sophomore starters and the offense had the new OC Lincoln Riley but they didn’t explode until several games later. So the offense is definitely not on that level.

But the depth chart was released today. We are starting a true freshman at DT. He was at IMG Academy. Was an early enrollee. You’d think that’s a bad thing. It’s definitely not as Brent Venables loathes starting freshmen as it messes with his strict adherence to a veteran seniority culture. He’s the real deal. Has to be. We’ve got tons of depth there.

But no this team can’t go 11-1 even in the Big 12. Like I’ve said it’s 8-4 unless the OL surprises me. We look to be evenly matched with Tenn. Favored only because it’s a home game.
If you are starting a true Fr at DT lol this is going to get ugly

I don’t and will probably never respect Mizzou, so in my mind, no there’s never an excuse to lose to them and that dorky coach. We only scored a single touchdown. Embarrassing.

I know we played both Shy Tuttle & K. McKenzee in the 2015 OK game, but did we start either?
No not starting , playing time for talented guys is great. If you are starting a true freshman, defensive tackle against 22 to 23 year old guys have been in division one football program training program. You have problems.

Lebby as most OC’s had plenty of distractors. He single-handedly lost the KU game. His situational play calls often WTF? We had a late interception with the lead versus KU. He promptly runs the hurry up and burns 30 seconds in 3 plays. We punt KU goes and scores on a drive. He nearly blew several games running the hurry up with leads.

Now I thought minus the OSU & KU losses when Lebby went with this ridiculous horizontal passing game and disdained the run game having great success.he did a great job. But the offense won’t change under Littrell. But he’s a very good play caller.
I appreciate the optimism, we ut fans do not do that. We have been burned too many times with “reports out of camp”, and “this new thing will be an upgrade”.

I think this pessimistic view comes from the small margin of victory in the sec. If your offense with a bunch of new linemen, a new qb, a new OC, and several new skill position players goes from 4th in the country to 30th, that equals about 2-3 extra losses when you play teams full of nfl talent each week. That leads to a less optimistic outlook and more of a wait and see.

I appreciate the optimism, we ut fans do not do that. We have been burned too many times with “reports out of camp”, and “this new thing will be an upgrade”.

I think this pessimistic view comes from the small margin of victory in the sec. If your offense with a bunch of new linemen, a new qb, a new OC, and several new skill position players goes from 4th in the country to 30th, that equals about 2-3 extra losses when you play teams full of nfl talent each week. That leads to a less optimistic outlook and more of a wait and see.
Exactly , this guy in for a hard reality check … this isn’t the big 12 my man

Nada …. Facts big boy. Since 2019 Garner 5 drafted Bedenbaugh 10.
You realize “nada” doesn’t makes sense there? Why do you keep saying “nothing” in Spanish?

Garner has 6 guys likely to be drafted next year, 4 being RS seniors. Your OL ran to the draft after last year because they’re smart and realized their their stock would go down playing against real competition. Congrats on that I guess.

This goober reminds me of the Oregon troll during the Nico recruitment. 😅 Kept referencing the Fong CB even after he switched it to UT the week before the announcement. Three actual games being PLAYED between now and then. Vegas will react to whatever REALITY happens.

Come-ON...you mean to tell me you NEVER ONCE wanted to tell @MITBeaver that he and his "tuxedo" was FULL of CrapOla..??!!

You realize “nada” doesn’t makes sense there? Why do you keep saying “nothing” in Spanish?

Garner has 6 guys likely to be drafted next year, 4 being RS seniors. Your OL ran to the draft after last year because they’re smart and realized their their stock would go down playing against real competition. Congrats on that I guess.
LMAO they left early because he gets them so prepared. You’re so funny in your thought process. Tyler Guyton gonna start at LT as a rookie at Dallas.

VN Store

Back