Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

You realize “nada” doesn’t makes sense there? Why do you keep saying “nothing” in Spanish?

Garner has 6 guys likely to be drafted next year, 4 being RS seniors. Your OL ran to the draft after last year because they’re smart and realized their their stock would go down playing against real competition. Congrats on that I guess.
You make your fan base look uninformed and out of touch dismissing our OL coach. As would I on Garner.

LMAO they left early because he gets them so prepared. You’re so funny in your thought process. Tyler Guyton gonna start at LT as a rookie at Dallas.
Isn't that projected start due to the veteran LT foot injury (toe?) and the coach wanted to keep their L guard at that position? I am not saying Guyton isn't talented or capable. I am just saying he didn't beat our a veteran because he "is so prepared".

We’ll see he beat out the starter from last year and according to Dusty Dvoracek former NFL player and now ESPN analyst the best freshman DL in a decade. But who knows.
He is still 18 years old and playing 22-23 yrs olds been in one of the best strength and conditioning programs for YEARS . He may be great and be a first rounder when he is 21 but he is still 18. Around mid 3rd quarter he gonna be worn out no matter how talented he is …

You realize “nada” doesn’t makes sense there? Why do you keep saying “nothing” in Spanish?

Garner has 6 guys likely to be drafted next year, 4 being RS seniors. Your OL ran to the draft after last year because they’re smart and realized their their stock would go down playing against real competition. Congrats on that I guess.
You make your fan base look uninformed and out of touch dismissing our OL coach. As would I on Garner

Isn't that projected start due to the veteran LT foot injury (toe?) and the coach wanted to keep their L guard at that position? I am not saying Guyton isn't talented or capable. I am just saying he didn't beat out a veteran because he "is so prepared".
Drafted in the first round is drafted in the first round 🤦‍♂️

You make your fan base look uninformed and out of touch dismissing our OL coach. As would I on Garner
5 new OL starters , new QB going up against one of the best DLs in CFB… in one of the first games of the season. And u think that’s an advantage for said team because of a coach ? If roles were reversed I would be quite worried

He is still 18 years old and playing 22-23 yrs olds been in one of the best strength and conditioning programs for YEARS . He may be great and be a first rounder when he is 21 but he is still 18. Around mid 3rd quarter he gonna be worn out no matter how talented he is …
No last years starter is his backup and Bates our DL coach who Brent brought with him from Clemson are playing 11-12 DL. Brent and Bates know what they are doing needless to say

No last years starter is his backup and Bates our DL coach who Brent brought with him from Clemson are playing 11-12 DL. Brent and Bates know what they are doing needless to say
Then you are talent deficient at DT. We have a 5 star DT Hobbs who is an absolute stud BUT still isn’t starting as a sophomore ( it least not the first game ) because we have so many 22-24 year DTs who will be playing on Sunday next year.

Then you are talent deficient at DT. We have a 5 star DT Hobbs who is an absolute stud BUT still isn’t starting as a sophomore ( it least not the first game ) because we have so many 22-24 year DTs who will be playing on Sunday next year.
5 stars don’t guarantee squat. We could go months listing 5 star busts. The #1 yes #1 ranked DT freshman is on our third team. So we are not talent deficient.

Drafted in the first round is drafted in the first round 🤦‍♂️
Why go there? Why change the context of our exchange?

You posted about him starting. I replied to the conditions of his starting.

You could have simply agreed with the conditions of his starting. It doesn't diminish his talent and preparation.

If drafted in the first round out of Oklahoma is the predictor of starting and NFL success, I've got bad news for you wrt previous first rounders.

LMAO they left early because he gets them so prepared. You’re so funny in your thought process. Tyler Guyton gonna start at LT as a rookie at Dallas.
That’s great, we had a rookie start for the bears last year. Tyler Guyton is good, but the other 3 knew their draft stock peaked in the big 12 and was likely to go down. Bob Stoops and Barry Switzer, two great friends of mine, told me so. 😂

Reactions: butchna
5 stars don’t guarantee squat. We could go months listing 5 star busts. The #1 yes #1 ranked DT freshman is on our third team. So we are not talent deficient.
He must be a bust already if he is 3rd team w another FR starting. And lol if you are talking about Stone DT he is listed as the #4 DT on 247. Cmon man now u just making stuff up.

You make your fan base look uninformed and out of touch dismissing our OL coach. As would I on Garner.
You have reading comprehension issues. I’ve stated in this thread that he’s a top ten OL coach. Not sure how anyone of even average intelligence could interpret that as being dismissive.

You don’t make your fan base look like anything because i know better than to generalize and I won’t assume that all sooner fans are so obtuse.

But he’s friends with NFL head coaches and OCs… 😂😂😂😂 man I hope all Oklahoma fans aren’t such big losers 😂
Didn’t meet any that talked like this one in 2014. Very welcoming and personable. Some good natured trash talk, which could be expected at their crib. As opposed to Big Game Bob who detested any SEC product and wasn’t happy with the decent margin of victory. He definitely wanted to hang 60+ on us, but Worley, Hurd and Barnett showed a pulse.

Reactions: 9876543vol
That’s great, we had a rookie start for the bears last year. Tyler Guyton is good, but the other 3 knew their draft stock peaked in the big 12 and was likely to go down. Bob Stoops and Barry Switzer, two great friends of mine, told me so. 😂
I run into both all the time in Norman. Great DM me your real name we will all hook up.

He must be a bust already if he is 3rd team w another FR starting. And lol if you are talking about Stone DT he is listed as the #4 DT on 247. Cmon man now u just making stuff up.
He’s 1 on Rivals so thanks for playing. His On3 industry composite is #1. Research a must on our boards to not look foolish.

I’d focus on the past, too if I were you. If your OL is poor, you probably won’t make a bowl game.
FIFY Tenn doesn’t focus on the past because we are always 7-5. LMAO no wonder you guys so starved for us to join you at 7-5. No conference titles in the last 25 years. You remind me of Iowa State in the Big 12.

FIFY Tenn doesn’t focus on the past because we are always 7-5. LMAO no wonder you guys so starved for us to join you at 7-5. No conference titles in the last 25 years. You remind me of Iowa State in the Big 12.
You comparing 545 all time wins to 851? No wonder you fail.

Just getting caught up on this thread. There's a lot of takes that I find interesting.

For discussion, here's a few meaningful areas where our fanbases appear to differ:

1) Sooners feel that highly touted OL players under an elite OL coach should produce very favorable results during this season (and quite possibly by the Tennessee game) even if most of the 2-deep have not played together. (Several OU OL players which should be big contributors during 2024 are either from the transfer portal or are re-shirt freshman.) Vols appear to think that the SEC line of scrimmage play is much different than Oklahoma has experienced and anticipate that our schedule will result in over 5 losses given the fact that these players haven't played together.

2) If you divvy the 16 SEC teams into 4/8/4 (4 Elite teams, plus 8 Mid-Tier teams, plus 4 Lower-Tier teams) Sooners feel like they will start Mid-Tier and make an Elite Tier appearance within 3 or 4 years. Vols feel that Oklahoma is over-rated due to inferior competition, and that OU will need to go through a long adjustment period. That is, OU will not sniff SEC Elite Tier (which I'm defining as the SEC's top 4 teams) in the next 3 years.

3) And here's the biggest one in my opinion. While the SEC's Elite has clearly been the best in CFB over the last 15 years, any advantage held by the SEC's mid-tier and lower-tier teams over mid-tier/lower-tier teams from other conferences during the last 15 years has been overblown. Moreover, Sooners feel like they will start in the top half of the SEC based on resumes built over the last 10 years; Vols predict that Sooners will start in the lower half of the SEC. [Related to this: Sooners feel that ESPN covers the SEC in such a way that exaggerates the SEC's strength relative to other conferences; this bolstering effect is seen in the mid-tier and lower-tier -- the SEC's elite tier has certainly earned the praise they've received.]

I'm sure that some Vols would disagree with my characterization of their thinking as represented in the above 3 points. Further, I'm sure that some Sooners disagree with the above 3 points.

VN Store

Back