Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.
Looked pretty weak today, Okie.

Checking in. As I mentioned the OL was a worry. It’s awful. We will get drilled by Tennessee unless miraculously it improves. They had 2 injuries. One expected back and didn’t play. Starting center went out early so they had some issues. But it’s Mano y Mano in the trenches. Oh sure technique is huge and scheme but at the end of the day it’s push. If we can’t push Temple then good luck. 1-12 on third down vs Temple? Are you serious? Our great OL coach’s weakness is loathing playing youngsters. When they played they pushed around Temple. He overvalues technique and experience. We’ll see but the little I watched of the Vols we have a long ways to go. It’s pretty sad because it’s indeed our best defense in a long time.
Lmao pvssy

Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4

See ya' in Norman, guys.
Flip the logos and OU has maybe 1 or 2 heisman and probably less than 20 conference championships! Send me your Venmo and I’ll bet $10k on the outcome of the game in Boring Ass, OK!

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4

See ya' in Norman, guys.
see you soon princess

"You know we're not going to respect 50 conference championships in a two team conference". This is a pure canard just as your claim that UT has always been an SEC club. BS
WTF are you even talking about? Tennessee was one of the founding members of the SEC. If I recall, the league was even put together in Knoxville.

Also, the Vols have accomplished a lot in the SEC. We've won more SEC championships than most teams in the conference. The SEC has been the most dominant confidence for years and it's not even close. Just look at the league representation in the top 25 alone. Y'all were playing the likes of Texas Tech while we were playing Florida, Georgia, Alabama and LSU (the most dominant programs this century).

OU might be in for a rough year in 2024 but I still think OU is a great addition to the SEC and will be very successful at some point. They won't win a bunch of conference championships in a row but they will compete at a high level. To proud of a program not to (and unlike Nebraska, they haven't lost their recruiting grounds by their conference move).

OU might be in for a rough year in 2024 but I still think OU is a great addition to the SEC and will be very successful at some point. They won't win a bunch of conference championships in a row but they will compete at a high level. To proud of a program not to (and unlike Nebraska, they haven't lost their recruiting grounds by their conference move).
This team’s offense is a mystery. It’s for sure what the hell happened. Maybe could explain sure inexperienced QB,new OC, and poor OL but it’s really bad. Great offenses under Riley no defense. Get a good defense finally but crap offense.

This team’s offense is a mystery. It’s for sure what the hell happened. Maybe could explain sure inexperienced QB,new OC, and poor OL but it’s really bad. Great offenses under Riley no defense. Get a good defense finally but crap offense.

I see two issues... offensive line and QB play. That was only a small segment of the game. I was also told that OU fired their OC and sometimes it takes time to implement a new system.

Alabama is having similar issues (just not as bad). Sometimes it is fixable and sometimes not. We will see.

If you guys can survive Tulane, I still see a few wins out there. Auburn looked a lot worse than OU.

I’m here. We are really bad. Yep we’ll get beat by 35 points minimum in 2 weeks. May not win more than 5 games. The OL is bad but the OC & QB have issues as well. Nico the real deal.
Well your “best OL coach in football and it’s not close!” has two weeks to scheme them up to Dallas Cowboys of the 90’s level. 😏

While I am glad to see you are pumping the brakes a little, you may be going too far. OU has talent, but it will take a few games to gel. New o line, new oc, and new qb equal a wait and see situation like we tried to explain to you.

Now it is a question of when will it all click? I hope it is at Auburn and not against UT.

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It's been... I cannot remember the time of my last confession. I think I was seven years old... Anyway, I am plagued with these fantastical desires, Father. They're not about sex, or money, or carnage... well, not real carnage... What I'm trying to tell you, Father, is that I foresee the Tennessee Volunteers defense blowing up the Oklahoma offensive line like it's cheap one-ply toilet paper. I'm seeing sacks and tackles for loss by the dozens, Father. Not a five-pack or ten-pack, Father, but a full humidor. It'll be like a season's worth in a single game. If anyone gets five yards past the line of scrimmage, I'm seeing hits that jar the ball loose or cause substitutions. They're going to pay a high price for every yard they gain, and even if they move the ball, they're not going to have many scoring opportunities. And the Vols offense is going to flow through their defense like a storm-charged river. They've got good players, Father, but the Vols are going to make 'em look bad. Everybody is going to score, Father, even an offensive lineman, though I'm not clear on how that's going to happen. Nobody's going to get physically hurt, Father, but every one of the Sooners and their fans are going to be psychologically scarred. The final stats are going to be horrifyingly lopsided in favor of the Vols.

Yes, Father, I know I'm in Norman. I'm here for the game. Yes, I am a Tennessee fan. Have been all of my life. This is a fine city, full of hospitable people. Very cordial. Thank you for hearing me out, Father. Don't bother giving me penance. Whatever happens during the game, I'll make a donation to a local charity and this church. Bless you and your congregation, Father. Go Big Orange!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back