South Africa votes to confiscate all white owned farmland

You’re going to be called racist for this but you’re actually correct. The whites are indeed the refugees from SA. But anybody with any common sense or any money/means should be getting the hell out ASAP
It probably won’t be long before they make it impossible for the whites to leave and start imprisoning them.

So let me get this straight - when native Americans in the US were being pushed off their land, mostly by brutal force, that was just the nature of the world and the native Americans were dumb and weak for letting it happen. The same thing happened in SA with white Europeans taking land that belonged to native SAs and we’re cool with that too. Also a few hundred years of brutal oppression that made the Jim Crow south look good in comparison.

So now the tables have turned and we’re supposed to be outraged that native SAs are doing the same thing the Europeans did? Man I wish I lived in a historical context free world like you guys.

Reactions: LouderVol
So let me get this straight - when native Americans in the US were being pushed off their land, mostly by brutal force, that was just the nature of the world and the native Americans were dumb and weak for letting it happen. The same thing happened in SA with white Europeans taking land that belonged to native SAs and we’re cool with that too. Also a few hundred years of brutal oppression that made the Jim Crow south look good in comparison.

So now the tables have turned and we’re supposed to be outraged that native SAs are doing the same thing the Europeans did? Man I wish I lived in a historical context free world like you guys.
Holy strawman Batman!

I’m not outraged at all. They all will get what’s coming to them and we need to stay completely out of it.

It would appear you’ve gotten nothing straight at all.

Who? Me outraged? Not a bit. Their country, do with it as they will. My take, and seemingly the take of most people on this thread, is the likely result is a completely predictable crap show and dysfunctional country. Imagine Detroit as a nation.

Who? Me outraged? Not a bit. Their country, do with it as they will. My take, and seemingly the take of most people on this thread, is the likely result is a completely predictable crap show and dysfunctional country. Imagine Detroit as a nation.

Lived and worked in Detroit for many years. Still have a few friends there. Loved it then but my wife hates cold weather. What are you gonna do?🤷🏼‍♂️

the native americans did it to the tribes that proceeded them as well....the difference is now we are in a modern society (well except for these Third world african, south american and muslim countries) who still operate 300 years behind the normal ones.

I’m not outraged at all. They all will get what’s coming to them and we need to stay completely out of it.
As long as China stays out too, SA is so resource rich that somebody will come in and "clean up the mess." AIR from SA history, the whites were able to take over because the warring tribes could never get together and at one time or other banded with the whites to defeat other tribes.

the native americans did it to the tribes that proceeded them as well....the difference is now we are in a modern society (well except for these Third world african, south american and muslim countries) who still operate 300 years behind the normal ones.
Oh we still do it today. Cleaned up a bit, but we still push people around as needed. It's even been formalized in this nation with eminent domain.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
As long as China stays out too, SA is so resource rich that somebody will come in and "clean up the mess." AIR from SA history, the whites were able to take over because the warring tribes could never get together and at one time or other banded with the whites to defeat other tribes.

Nah, don't worry about it. About time they got their hands dirty dealing with something like this.

What's the difference/wrong?
His sound bite/take away in the last paragraph. As was already pointed out it’s a strawman. It’s a civil war and the whites are gonna lose. I’m not outraged it isn’t my country. But I’d get the hell out right now if I were there.

Was it wrong then? Is it wrong now?

K
His sound bite/take away in the last paragraph. As was already pointed out it’s a strawman. It’s a civil war and the whites are gonna lose. I’m not outraged it isn’t my country. But I’d get the hell out right now if I were there.
I did a little digging the other day and their GDP was flattening pre Covid and since that takeover. Let’s see if they can govern or rip it all apart with wealth redistribution. I think we will know how it goes.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
What the difference between types of war? If anything this still isnt as bad as when the colonizers took the land in the first place. So it's not like we get to play the outrage card.

What the difference between types of war? If anything this still isnt as bad as when the colonizers took the land in the first place. So it's not like we get to play the outrage card.
A civil war is VERY different. It’s an internal conflict and nobodies business but the country in questions citizens.

And I’m not defending Europe’s raping of the African continent. I’m just pointing out that his predetermined sound bite doesn’t fit the poster’s behavior exhibited here as he claimed.

You’re kinda doing your own strawman on my post louder 😎

Reactions: Rickyvol77
A civil war is VERY different. It’s an internal conflict and nobodies business but the country in questions citizens.

And I’m not defending Europe’s raping of the African continent. I’m just pointing out that his predetermined sound bite doesn’t fit the poster’s behavior exhibited here as he claimed.

You’re kinda doing your own strawman on my post louder 😎
Strawman to what easily defeatible argument?

He made a valid point about the history of the situation and posters attitude towards the situation. Both valid comments that did not change the target of the argument or raise an easily defeatible question in place of avoiding a difficult subject.

Strawman to what easily defeatible argument?

He made a valid point about the history of the situation and posters attitude towards the situation. Both valid comments that did not change the target of the argument or raise an easily defeatible question in place of avoiding a difficult subject.
We disagree on posters reactions then. I’m not outraged nor are others whom have replied. Commenting on a **** show and calling it a **** show /= outrage.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
This seems more like the looting you see here than any kind of civil war.

VN Store

Back