Space Exploration

Are NASA's future missions and budget justified?

• It's worth the time and expenditures

Votes: 216 65.9%
  • Complete waste of money

Votes: 40 12.2%
  • We need to explore, but not at the current cost

Votes: 72 22.0%

• Total voters
I think Blue Origin may benefit from Boeing’s stumbles, now that Bezos seems to be a bit more engaged. I doubt they challenge SpaceX but if New Glenn succeeds they will be positioned well to pick up more contracts.

You know it's just killing NASA & Boeing considering those two are tied at the hip that Elon & SpaceX will be bringing them home.

I'm pretty sure NASA is happy having SpaceX available. While Boeing is "confident" in the Starliner, it's risky. I mean, they didn't even install the remote undocking software like they had for the second test flight. What else was missed from being installed?

Facing facts, Boeing has had four years to catch up to SpaceX in the manned game. And they blew it on this test run. And with the current SLS debacle concerning Boeing, they've got a LOT of egg on their face.

Not that I want or like Congress getting involved, but I feel like it's time for Congress to get involved and look to recoup some of the funding wasted on Boeing and send it elsewhere. Because at the rate they're going, Boeing might pull off a successful Starliner flight sometime in 2038 all while having billions of dollars in the bank.

And I don't care about cost overruns either, they have had plenty of money (almost twice what SpaceX originally got) to come up with a vehicle that should have been sitting in their proverbial garage waiting to go.

Reactions: Rocky_Top_Vol13

VN Store

Back