Space Exploration

Are NASA's future missions and budget justified?

• It's worth the time and expenditures

Votes: 216 65.9%
  • Complete waste of money

Votes: 40 12.2%
  • We need to explore, but not at the current cost

Votes: 72 22.0%

• Total voters

Intersting fact is that the mission that launch this morning will be going farther away from earth than any human since the final Apollo flight. All the billions and billions of taxpayer dollars spent by NASA and their contractors over the last 50 years and they still can’t leave low earth orbit. SpaceX is now able to.

If Trump is elected he needs to get the FAA out of the Commercial Space Flight authorization business. It was never intended for such roll to begin with.
They do have an important role to play in range safety, especially making sure aircraft stay out of the potential paths of launches and reentry.
But there does need to be some streamlining or transfer of responsibilities elsewhere if they can’t speed up. We are not doing a few dozen launches per year. Commercial means we are way over 100 and the FAA just isn’t designed or staffed adequately to keep up

They do have an important role to play in range safety, especially making sure aircraft stay out of the potential paths of launches and reentry.
But there does need to be some streamlining or transfer of responsibilities elsewhere if they can’t speed up. We are not doing a few dozen launches per year. Commercial means we are way over 100 and the FAA just isn’t designed or staffed adequately to keep up
I agree, but them being in charge of authorizing when launches can take place needs to end.

I believe if the Trump administration were in office we would already be around a dozen Starship test flights by now. SpaceX has been ready for Starship 5 launch since the 1st of August and the FAA says they can't launch until the last week of November. Something has to change.

I agree, but them being in charge of authorizing when launches can take place needs to end.

I believe if the Trump administration were in office we would already be around a dozen Starship test flights by now. SpaceX has been ready for Starship 5 launch since the 1st of August and the FAA says they can't launch until the last week of November. Something has to change.
If Trump wins, appoint Musk as FAA chairman? 😂😂😂

Yup, this is already greatly delaying the Artimis program as we do not have a moon lander until SpaceX can certify Starship

VN Store

Back