Stan Drayton confirmed as RB coach (merged)

Not yet (but if they were smarter than you are--not asking much here :)), they could measure the limited value they can add to the CUM system, and join an offensive scheme (pro-style) that uses more than a QB to advance the rock. The best guess is... that's what UT will continue to use.

Do you really think fleeing the staff of a guy that just won a conference and national title in 2006 and has hauled in a top 5 class every year he's been HC is a smart thing?

As long as you can teach them how to block for the QB, you could be a great postion coach there.

I'd say Chad Jackson doesn't have much bad to say about his position coach. Percy Harvin seems like he's doing ok.

Do you really think fleeing the staff of a guy that just won a conference and national title in 2006 and has hauled in a top 5 class every year he's been HC is a smart thing?

Absolutely not, I want them to keep him for years to come to prove that the SEC has figured him out. I don't want the Gators to be the first to notice.

Absolutely not, I want them to keep him for years to come to prove that the SEC has figured him out. I don't want the Gators to be the first to notice.

The SEC to date has certainly not figured out Urban Meyer's offense.

As for UF's receivers, Tebow passed for about 3300 yards. Someone is catching those balls.

The SEC to date has certainly not figured out Urban Meyer's offense.

3 SEC losses after they played us. Even worse, they lost to a Big 10 team who got beat by Appy State.

If you want to know what that did to their final national ranking, find UT and then look down.

they have some defensive talent, but it could be the variety of talent that we had on our 2005 squad. Talented guys get better over the course of their young seasons, and I honestly don't think they did so.

Your probably right BigPapa, just seemed alot of individual talent that didnt play well as a unit, but I'm probably giving them to much of the benifit of the doubt according to their recruiting prowess over the past few years.

3 SEC losses after they played us. Even worse, they lost to a Big 10 team who got beat by Appy State.

If you want to know what that did to their final national ranking, find UT and then look down.

They had one of the nation's top offenses in the best defensive conference. I can understand if you don't believe UF will continue to rule the world, but there's really no basis to say that Urban's offense is a flop. Their defense this year just wasn't very good. If that changes, UF will be a very strong team.

They had one of the nation's top offenses in the best defensive conference. I can understand if you don't believe UF will continue to rule the world, but there's really no basis to say that Urban's offense is a flop. Their defense this year just wasn't very good. If that changes, UF will be a very strong team.

Is Harvin more talented than Lucas Taylor? Which system produced more yards for the reciever?

Is Harvin more talented than Lucas Taylor? Which system produced more yards for the reciever?

I'd say both systems required each receiver do more than block. Ainge threw for 3500 yards. Tebow threw for 3300. Both schools do plenty with their wide receivers.

Try passing yards. NFL recievers don't run too often. They use running backs like we do.

What does the NFL have to do with which receiver had more yards, which is exactly the question you asked? I'm pretty sure the NFL likes playmakers that score touchdowns whether they fit into your neat, little categories or not.

What does the NFL have to do with which receiver had more yards, which is exactly the question you asked? I'm pretty sure the NFL likes playmakers that score touchdowns whether they fit into your neat, little categories or not.
There is no sense in trying to bring logic into an arugument when your talking to utmba93. He is the same guy that tried to tell us that UT put up over 500 yards against FL in 06. Statistician he is not.

It's not my system they need to fit, but the ones NFL teams use.

Tebow... hard to access because he's in a different system.... see Mel Kipper's comments on the same.

There's an advantage to using players in positions in the same manner in which NFL teams use them. It helps us to showcase their talents and thus reduces the risk that NFL teams have to take on draft day. Thus, a player with the same level of talent can go higher in the draft.

Most talented players should prefer that outcome.

Tebow... hard to access because he's in a different system.... see Mel Kipper's comments on the same.

There's an advantage to using players in positions in the same manner in which NFL teams use them. It helps us to showcase their talents and thus reduces the risk that NFL teams have to take on draft day. Thus, a player with the same level of talent can go higher in the draft.

Right, because the main goal of every BCS school should be to use players in a way that will help them get drafted higher rather than in a way that will best help the school win games.

There is no sense in trying to bring logic into an arugument when your talking to utmba93. He is the same guy that tried to tell us that UT put up over 500 yards against FL in 06. Statistician he is not.

Here you go again. I NEVER made that claim that day or otherwise. Can you get over it?

Urban's system didn't prevent Chad Jackson from being the third WR taken in the 2006 draft. The Patriots took him. I think they know what they are doing.

VN Store

Back