Stan Drayton confirmed as RB coach (merged)

Alright. I think we can all agree that this is an upgrade at the running back coach position.

Right Vol Hillbilly?

Great recruiter and it doesn't take a genius to coach RBs. That's why alot of teams have weaker RB coaches that can recruit.

Also, they didn't have alot of talent at RB. Kestahn Moore averaged 5.6 yards a carry but they only gave him the ball 100 times this year.

UF's running game was terrible---why is Drayton an upgrade?

As mentioned before, UF's running backs were nonexistent in that offense.

He'll do fine as UT's running back coach. He's also an excellent recruitier, specifically in the state of Florida.

Glad they are getting the position coaches hired before they bother to get an OC who may have his own connections for position coaches or who may clash with the underlings that are selected to work for him.

This is a great hire IMO. He can recruit Florida well and like HV says, it doesn't take a mastermind to coach RBs

Glad they are getting the position coaches hired before they bother to get an OC who may have his own connections for position coaches or who may clash with the underlings that are selected to work for him.

There ya go...I applaud your commitment to staying in character.

This is a good hire, better then the last postion coach Roper. Not to mention he can help Chavis prepare to play against Florida. I'm glad Fulmer got him, I was afraid he would want to stay and coach under Myer.

And if it were Clawson, then that would make VH's point about the OC not getting along with his "underlings" false

The tennessean has reported that Drayton is the new RB coach, paving the way(IMO) for the announcement of Clawson as OC.

VN Store

Back