Stan Drayton confirmed as RB coach (merged)

Drayton knew if he stayed at Fla under Meyer he wouldn't be doing anything to advance his stock. This is from the Tennessean:

“I’m a Volunteer,” Drayton told The Tennessean when reached on his cell phone Tuesday afternoon. “I interviewed on Sunday and it went extremely well. Tennessee is a classy program and it speaks for itself. Coach Fulmer is as classy as any coach I’ve been around. He provided me an opportunity I couldn’t turn down.”

That doesn't necessarily entail monetary compensation.

I read that as well. I know nothing of Drayton, but that sounded like some type of remark directed at Meyer. Just wondering if there were issues between them.

“I interviewed on Sunday and it went extremely well. Tennessee is a classy program and it speaks for itself. Coach Fulmer is as classy as any coach I’ve been around. He provided me an opportunity I couldn’t turn down.”

a shot at Urban perhaps? :eek:hmy:

hm, interesting. and whoever said Drayton>>>>Roper, i would agree.

The question remains: why can Drayton advance his stock more at UT than UF, coaching the same position?

Well, well, well...Idon't see how this can hurt us having a former gator coach in our locker room and prepping for the 9/20 showdown. Maybe this fella will bring some info and insight into the gator mystique that has seemed to plague our VOLS. As it now stands, way to go CPF.
Now pull a bigger rabbit out of that Tennessee hat!

The question remains: why can Drayton advance his stock more at UT than UF, coaching the same position?
easy answer is the differences in the system and personnel choices each progam makes.

a shot at Urban perhaps? :eek:hmy:

or just stating the obvious. Fulmer is one heck of a guy. I question is coaching ability a lot, but you can't deny he's a nice guy that really knows how to work with people. Hopefully he can bring in 3 more coaches that make me as excited as this hire. Obviously it's an upgrade from Roper position wise and the loss of TT recruiting wise has just been erased, if not upgraded.

Has anyone thought it might be because of Clawsen being the next OC...Just my 2 cents

I hope Drayton's on the phone right now with all those 5 star UF recruits, changing their mind baby!!!!

or just stating the obvious. Fulmer is one heck of a guy. I question is coaching ability a lot, but you can't deny he's a nice guy that really knows how to work with people. Hopefully he can bring in 3 more coaches that make me as excited as this hire. Obviously it's an upgrade from Roper position wise and the loss of TT recruiting wise has just been erased, if not upgraded.

I agree on CPF just thought he was doing both. Thought I read that the 2 didn't exactly see eye-to-eye.

this is defintiely what they needed from a recruiting standpoint. we'll find out about his coaching ability in the not too distant future, but he should be able to get off to a good start with who we have returning.

I agree on CPF just thought he was doing both. Thought I read that the 2 didn't exactly see eye-to-eye.

that may be true. I haven't read anywhere of tension within the ranks at UF. But I don't read much about the Gators anyway.

Holy Crap!!! I just read his resume. Did anyone notice this guy was Green Bays Special teams coach from 2001-2003! :)

Because at Florida, running backs are like UFOs. Every redneck in Gainesville swears they've seen one, but there's no hard evidence to support it.

At Tennessee, his coaching efforts will be rewarded when his players get to carry the football.

VN Store

Back