Stan Drayton confirmed as RB coach (merged)

this actually has my hopes up, through the roof. we needed a strong recruiter so badly and to steal one from UF just makes is all the better......and with stong contacts in FL??? this would be sweeeeeeeet!

this actually has my hopes up, through the roof. we needed a strong recruiter so badly and to steal one from UF just makes is all the better......and with stong contacts in FL??? this would be sweeeeeeeet!

:yikes:

:p

Still holding my breath, waiting on rexvol to come back with his "but............the sky is falling" post.

just heard from my UF buddy that there's no way this happens. I still have hope.

I wonder if your UF buddy has an explanation for why Drayton told a Florida recruit that he was no longer recruiting for the Gators...

I don't know for sure that he'll end up at UT, but I'm pretty sure he's leaving Florida.

Why would he take a lateral from uf to take UT's RB coach job? UT does use RBs a lot more than florda--maybe fulmer will pay him a lot more money.

I wonder if your UF buddy has an explanation for why Drayton told a Florida recruit that he was no longer recruiting for the Gators...

I don't know for sure that he'll end up at UT, but I'm pretty sure he's leaving Florida.

who reported that he's telling recruits he's leaving? I would love to go back to him with that info, but his first question is going to be "where'd did you hear that?"

who reported that he's telling recruits he's leaving? I would love to go back to him with that info, but his first question is going to be "where'd did you hear that?"

Read it this morning...give me a minute, and I'll find the link...

Ok, Brent Hubbs reported on Volquest that Drayton told a recruit that he was no longer recruiting for Florida...Hubbs also reported that it's believed that Drayton was in Knoxville at some point over the past few days, but he hasn't been able to "100 percent confirm that."

A UT affiliated source, yes, but I don't think Hubbs or the recruit would just make that up. We'll just have to wait and see.

:rock:Drayton hire would be huge! It has been a pipedream of mine to have to have a pipeline into Florida...until now!! Ink the deal Phil!

I certainly hope Hubbs is right about this one, but hasnt Hubbs been wrong a few times lately? or am I thinking of another reporter?

If Drayton comes, hopefully he can steal away a lot of those 5 star recruits that UF has locked up. He's supposed to be a top recruiter--now he needs to get all those studs to change their mind and come to UT, which has a much better program, facilities, etc. than UF.

I certainly hope Hubbs is right about this one, but hasnt Hubbs been wrong a few times lately? or am I thinking of another reporter?

I think Hubbs has actually been pretty reliable recently.

He was the first that I saw to report that Cignetti was going to end up at Cal. I think he was also the first to break the news when Fulmer interviewed Loeffler in Tampa before the Outback bowl.

Im going to choose to believe Hubbs in this matter because I want it to be true.

If Drayton comes, hopefully he can steal away a lot of those 5 star recruits that UF has locked up. He's supposed to be a top recruiter--now he needs to get all those studs to change their mind and come to UT, which has a much better program, facilities, etc. than UF.

Thats not reality. But, I understand that in the mind of many UT fans they think it is the truth.

What's gotten into you today....you are just a ray of sunshine!:)

I dont know.....hope springs eternal I guess. I wish someone could explain to me why this guy would leave UF for Tennessee and where was he before UF?

I dont know.....hope springs eternal I guess. I wish someone could explain to me why this guy would leave UF for Tennessee and where was he before UF?

I think that, as a running backs coach, he's attracted to coaching at a school that actually hands the ball to the running back.

UT recruits top-shelf backs, and has a history of putting them in the league as frequently as just about any other team in the country.

The running back was nonexistant in Florida's offense this year. It's a critical position in UT's offense...and with a stable that includes Hardesty, Creer, Vereen, Poole, and maybe Foster, I'm sure Drayton sees UT as a very attractive job.

VN Store

Back