Stan Drayton confirmed as RB coach (merged)

Justin, do you not think they will utilize moody at all next season?

i'm not justin, but they'll be a fool not to utilize him more. But they won't utilize him enough. This is a great candidate to bring in right before the recruiting deadlines. Drayton probably wants to show that he can coach, and at Florida everything appears to come from Meyer's magic wand, not anyone else on the coaching staff.

So UF didn't care to pay more to keep him?

Why give someone a job if the position they coach isn't utilized?

I look at it this way, if you do your job exceptionally well and no one gives any credit for it, why not go to a place that pays you better and will let you use your job skill?

Moore averaged 5.6 yards a carry last year for UF. Deshawn Wynn is in the NFL because of Drayton. He's a good coach.

You're trying really hard, aren't you?

Uh, no. I know what you are getting at, but no I am not. Just asking real questions. There are motivations and conditions surrounding a move like this. Not like he is getting a promotion. So what is the deal. UF isn't chop suey.

UT probably offered Drayton a lot more than Meyer and Foley were willing to pay---bottom line. Other than that, it's a lateral move: two big SEC programs.

So UF didn't care to pay more to keep him?

Drayton knew if he stayed at Fla under Meyer he wouldn't be doing anything to advance his stock. This is from the Tennessean:

“I’m a Volunteer,” Drayton told The Tennessean when reached on his cell phone Tuesday afternoon. “I interviewed on Sunday and it went extremely well. Tennessee is a classy program and it speaks for itself. Coach Fulmer is as classy as any coach I’ve been around. He provided me an opportunity I couldn’t turn down.”

That doesn't necessarily entail monetary compensation.

VN Store

Back