State of the Union Discussion Thread

Thing is, you view the president almost exclusively as it relates to your own daily life. I understand most people do that. But I'm hoping people would be a bit less me first about it and realize he's got 360 million other people to worry about plus arguably at least some view and obligation to the future of the US and the World.

The job is bigger than you are giving it credit.

Can you show any post where you took this perspective during Trump's term?

Reactions: theFallGuy
I bailed about 20 minutes before the end, but I saw the, "Go get him," video today. Did he have an earpiece to prompt him during the speech? That's the only thing that makes sense in the context of saying that when the speech had ended. People in his ear to help prompt if he got stuck, but then said, "Go get him (Biden)," on open comms for someone to literally go get him off stage and he repeated what he heard. If it was "Go get em," that would just be goofy, but he pronounced the h. Nothing else really makes sense there.

Bad speaker and bad speech writer. Maybe the speech writer seems a little better if the speaker was different. Just another thing that's below average about this administration.

Point out how we've all come together to help Ukraine and it gives hope we can unite when we need to, including on domestic issues.

If I learned one thing from the corporate bailouts under Bush and Obama, it’s that when both sides are you united, the public should be 100% opposed.

Reactions: alwaysvol and hog88
My coworker almost choked to death when Biden said he was going to reduce the debt by 1T.
Deficit

And it will happen when covid relief falls off the books but not because of him. Debt will still grow by over $1T

And yet he somehow beat Trump. Total race to the bottom with these parties.
Not really. No way Biden received 81m votes which was better than the previous record by 15m( Obama-2008) staying in his basement for 9/10 months. That is not how you get the vote out. The increase in mail-in Ballots without checks and balances were the difference.

Not really. No way Biden received 81m votes which was better than the previous record by 15m( Obama-2008) staying in his basement for 9/10 months. That is not how you get the vote out. The increase in mail-in Ballots without checks and balances were the difference.

81M people hated Trump enough to vote for anybody else. It's so obviously the explanation.

Bad speaker and bad speech writer. Maybe the speech writer seems a little better if the speaker was different. Just another thing that's below average about this administration.
Agree, the speech writer(s) is one of the most important jobs for an administration. This was thrown together with no flow, passion or key moments of unity that are needed by a President. Even if the country is in a tailspin, the speech writers job is convince you for a moment that it’s not so bad.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Agree, the speech writer(s) is one of the most important jobs for an administration. This was thrown together with no flow, passion or key moments of unity that are needed by a President. Even if the country is in a tailspin, the speech writers job is convince you for a moment that it’s not so bad.
If?

I think Pelosi is delusional & does goofy stuff like that just to get attention & have people talk about her dumbness the next day. She acted like a 3rd-4th grader in love with her older big brother's best friend last night with all the goofy looks she showed.
I think with California being in the shape it’s in, she is in love with ice cream more than anything, besides her liquor.😫

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back