Stop me if you've heard this one before (UGA)

This is the latest case of what has been a growing problem for Georgia. Georgia’s had 14 players cited or arrested for similar traffic incidents since Jan. 15 when a fatal crash claimed the lives of 2 members of the program, offensive lineman Devin Willock and recruiting staffer Chandler LeCroy. Jones’ arrest is the first for a coach or administrator.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
How about sending your entire team and staff through drivers education and a defensive driving class? That should've been your response after the first, second or third incident. Now we're on the 15th. There is zero chance he's done anything except say "don't do that because it makes us look bad".

"But what's going to happen to my program is every time somebody gets a speeding ticket, it's going to be the front-page story," Smart said. "If they went and combed every SEC player and researched 'em for speeding tickets, they'd find a lot more of them.

"But when I say we're under a microscope, it's a good microscope. 'Cause you know what it's making us do? It's making us try to prevent it. We're doing more to prevent speeding than anybody in the country."

"But what's going to happen to my program is every time somebody gets a speeding ticket, it's going to be the front-page story," Smart said. "If they went and combed every SEC player and researched 'em for speeding tickets, they'd find a lot more of them.

Nothing will change when the coach doesn’t accept the responsibility for his players actions. He essentially said, but everyone is doing it.

VN Store

Back