Student football tickets

Yeah...might as well take advantage of the already broke college kids.

There are far people worse off than broke college students - don't act like a martyr here.

Now we get to choose between food or football.

Welcome to the real world.

Listen, I'm not trying to say it doesn't suck, but it's life as we know it, now. I'd just ask for $90 for my birthday gifts from family.

Wah wah wah. Yeah it sucks, but with inflation and the economy, you think the UTAD was going to keep giving free seats away?

Coming from a guy who never had to pay for tickets.

With inflation and the economy, it's tough enough for me to pay 18K per year let alone tacking on $90 for mediocre football. At least make the prices competitive with UGA. Those students at least have something to show for the money they spent.

There are far people worse off than broke college students - don't act like a martyr here.

Listen, I'm not trying to say it doesn't suck, but it's life as we know it, now. I'd just ask for $90 for my birthday gifts from family.

What if one's family doesn't give $90 birthday gifts

I'm tempted to not pay it to tell Mike Hamilton that he can suck it...but I'm not willing to do that to the team. I love that we have no say or power at all.

We never do, nor will. As much as these SGA people like to think they make a difference, they don't. They are good for making t-shirts and planting trees.

Coming from a guy who never had to pay for tickets.

With inflation and the economy, it's tough enough for me to pay 18K per year let alone tacking on $90 for mediocre football. At least make the prices competitive with UGA. The students at least have something to show for the money they spent.

I've paid for plenty of tickets, thanks.

I've said three times now that it sucks.

I've paid for plenty of tickets, thanks.

I've said three times now that it sucks.

I think that if the students saw a reason for the ticket prices they would be more willing to contribute more. I don't see how the athletic department has changed anything to my advantage as a student to where I should all of the sudden now have to pay. The team is headed downwards. Student seating continues to slowly get worse. Now they want more money.

That sucks...I was deceived! Someone told me the real world came after college. I understand your points, but put yourself in our shoes. Given we just learned this information, I would say it's pretty logical that we're pissed.

As a student who already was paying the athletic fee?

Yes, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I think you all will have to pay both the fee and the football prices, which is horrible.

But I went to home games in non-student sections if I had to - bought scalped tickets. Went to 2001 SECCG, paid $200. Etc, etc, etc.

Be sure to address it to the right person...

I was being dead serious, but you can forget it.

For the 4th time, it really sucks. But even though my outlook changed, it doesn't mean I don't have some merit in the debate.

Yes, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I think you all will have to pay both the fee and the football prices, which is horrible.

But I went to home games in non-student sections if I had to - bought scalped tickets. Went to 2001 SECCG, paid $200. Etc, etc, etc.

Last I heard, that wasn't played in Neyland.

I've paid for away tickets before and obviously that's not what this is about.

The uproar on campus tomorrow after reading the beacon will be huge. My family has 4 season tickets so I will probably sit there to save money, but it still sucks

Yea part of me hates knowing this before most people. Like they have no idea what's about to hit them tomorrow.

Most of it for me is that I was continually shocked by the Big Orange Screw, that now, it's kind of par for the course.

Perturbed that the prices are higher than at other schools that have been doing it for awhile.

I was being dead serious, but you can forget it.

For the 4th time, it really sucks. But even though my outlook changed, it doesn't mean I don't have some merit in the debate.

I didn't say that, you made it seem like this was no big deal and I'm quite sure you would've thrown a fit if this happened 5 years ago.

Yea part of me hates knowing this before most people. Like they have no idea what's about to hit them tomorrow.

People know...there is already a facebook group with 90 people, Students Against Paying for Football Games in '08

How could you miss me saying 4 times that it sucks?

And to your last sentence: grow up man. It wasn't charity. I'd do a lot for fellow Volunteers, and you make me feel bad about it. That's pretty low.

VN Store

Back