Student football tickets

Actually I would prefer they took Dickey to court and forced him to explain why UT was forced to pay 2 worthless bball coaches millions of dollars to leave.

Damn straight. UT still paying Jerry Green to go fishing?

Here's an idea. If a student "can't" afford tickets, let them do community service work for the university in exchange for the privilege of attending.

Talk about a life lesson.

Here's an idea. If a student "can't" afford tickets let them do community service work for the university in exchange for the privilege of attending.

Talk about a life lesson.

I think that's an excellent idea! :good!:

It would be a sad day when a college student has to get a summer job just to pay for football tickets.

22 Weeks until the first home game.

4.00 a week is 88.00

I can't believe that this is as big an issue as it seems. I feel like this is the Fulmer discussion, infact, most of the ones that have problems with it are Fulmer detractors, trying to complain about helping pay his salary.

When you look at the entire Tennessee fanbase, a VERY SMALL portion want Fulmer gone. The internet and the talk shows don't show a true representation of the entire fanbase. Much like Talk Radio and the Country. This issue is the same way. Very few students when compared to the entire Student Body, care about having to pay 13.00 per game.

Quit giving these grandstanders a platform.

"Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction." --Erich Fromm

22 Weeks until the first home game.

4.00 a week is 88.00

I can't believe that this is as big an issue as it seems. I feel like this is the Fulmer discussion, infact, most of the ones that have problems with it are Fulmer detractors, trying to complain about helping pay his salary.

When you look at the entire Tennessee fanbase, a VERY SMALL portion want Fulmer gone. The internet and the talk shows don't show a true representation of the entire fanbase. Much like Talk Radio and the Country. This issue is the same way. Very few students when compared to the entire Student Body, care about having to pay 13.00 per game.

Quit giving these grandstanders a platform.

"Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction." --Erich Fromm

Are you a student?

Are you a student?

Nope but my opinion would not in any way be changed if I currently were. Students can't attempt to avoid discussion of this issue with rational adults by saying "Well you're not a student, you don't understand." For the most part, it's an asinine arguement trying to protect an asinine protest by asinine individuals looking to make a name for themselves and further their anti-Fulmer agendas. The problem is, they are pulling people that otherwise wouldn't mind into the fire to boost their numbers.

these student need to suck it up and quit their complaining....how many other schools make students pay for tickets???....i know that LSU does

these student need to suck it up and quit their complaining....how many other schools make students pay for tickets???....i know that LSU does

Almost all of them. Just a few I looked up. Some pries are lower that ours, but they've been charging for years. Bama subsidizes their tickets with the tickets purchased by season ticket holders. Can you imagine the ****-storm if season ticket holders here figured out they were buying our tickets for us? There's where you lose donations.

Almost all are based on seniority, so if you're a freshman or maybe sophomore, you're S.O.L. Enjoy watching in the dorms or paying a fortune.

Florida - 70
Georgia - 48
Alabama - 35
Auburn -95.00 and must purchase to buy an away ticket
Louisiana State - 84-126.00 Depending on gen. admission or reserved.

Almost all are based on seniority, so if you're a freshman or maybe sophomore, you're S.O.L. Enjoy watching in the dorms or paying a fortune.

don't think it hasn't been discussed

Wilcox said he has been working with the student affairs office to look at how other schools around the country distribute their tickets. Only two Southeastern Conference schools don’t require their students to pay for football tickets: Vanderbilt University and the University of South Carolina. He said he has looked at a few options including a point system, which would be based on the number of games a student would attend, and a seniority system used at several schools that would give upperclassmen the first chance to buy seats.

I think this SGA President John Rader should have a great career in politics considering how clueless he is. As he appears to say he was shocked when notified that the ticket issue was "non-negotiable". Do you really not understand your insignifigance in this John?

Then you wouldn't know the attitude of the majority of the students on campus. There are several students on this board, which are more credible sources in this situation, that have stated that the people who don't mind the charge are in the smallest of minorities.

I think that's an excellent idea! :good!:
Just think what the potential value to the university would be if the cost for a tik was 2 days of on-campus community service.

Heck, you could even have a party afterwards.:)

Then you wouldn't know the attitude of the majority of the students on campus. There are several students on this board, which are more credible sources in this situation, that have stated that the people who don't mind the charge are in the smallest of minorities.
Of course they are.

Students are entitled to free football.

Just think what the potential value to the university would be if the cost for a tik was 2 days of on-campus community service.

Wouldn't work though. You want to ask students to give up 2 days of work for tickets when they can't give up $.25/day to afford them?

Well then that wouldn't help the budget constraints that the athletic dept is currently facing.

Is that not what this whole issue is about?

Just go back and look at what he wrote, that's what I'm responding to. He said the ones complaining were in the minority. I corrected him. I'm not referring to the "entitlement" issue.

VN Store

Back