Super Regionals - OTHER GAMES - Discussion

Starting to see these teams without a lot of postseason experience crumble in the late innings. Tennessee, FSU, Virginia, and UNC have a history of making Omaha while the others, outside of UConn, have never been. The moment looks too big for them.
If that trend is the case…look for Kentucky to crumble

Oregon State is a bunch of winners. Always respected that program, especially after they ripped Arkansas’ soul out. They will beat the dorks.
Ngl I was a little scared whenever there was talk they may be the 16 seed. I didn’t want any part of that program. They have been way too good over the years and their second baseman is an absolute stud. We love CMo, and rightfully so, but Travis Bazzana is the real deal folks.

Ngl I was a little scared whenever there was talk they may be the 16 seed. I didn’t want any part of that program. They have been way too good over the years and their second baseman is an absolute stud. We love CMo, and rightfully so, but Travis Bazzana is the real deal folks.
I’m talking way far ahead here, but if this ends up turning out how I think it will… I’m not too worried about Virginia or UNC. Both great teams, but the eye test tells me the Vols are the better team. It’s FSU that I’m worried about on our side of the bracket. If we get past them and get to finals I think it will be against either OSU or Texas A&M. I think out of TN, FSU, OSU, and A&M. One of the 4 will be the national champion.

The 4 teams that won yesterday close out series today. Realistically can't envision any of them losing today.

As far as the other 4 that start today I'm pulling for.
Oregon State
Oregon
N.C. State.
Clemson

That's rite I despise rival SEC teams more than any other teams in the country. Let them burn...

Last edited:
The 4 teams that won yesterday close out series today. Realistically can't envision any of them losing today.

As far as the other 4 that start today I'm pulling for.
Oregon State
Oregon
N.C. State.
Clemson

That's rite I despise rival SEC teams more than any other teams in the country. Let them burn...

While I understand this sentiment, if Tennessee wins and wins it all - then okay. But if they all lose and Tennessee doesn't win it all - the other conference, namely the ACC will use that to say Tennessee had all the wins due to being in a weak conference, which is not true. So I balance my support with that narrative - while I like seeing the other SEC teams lose I don't like the thought of that diminishing what the team has accomplished this year.

While I understand this sentiment, if Tennessee wins and wins it all - then okay. But if they all lose and Tennessee doesn't win it all - the other conference, namely the ACC will use that to say Tennessee had all the wins due to being in a weak conference, which is not true. So I balance my support with that narrative - while I like seeing the other SEC teams lose I don't like the thought of that diminishing what the team has accomplished this year.
You’re putting way too much thought into it. It’s not gonna change anybody’s mind on how good this team is if no other SEC teams make it. If we win it all, then that means we just got through whatever teams we needed to no matter the conference. This is not a “best team always wins” sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
Here’s the WVU post game press conference from last night. There’s a good discussion of coaching decisions last night in different points throughout the press conference. It’s a good 10 minutes of learning about the program as well.

Here’s the WVU post game press conference from last night. There’s a good discussion of coaching decisions last night in different points throughout the press conference. It’s a good 10 minutes of learning about the program as well.

After a very tough loss, you'd think the WV coach would be glum and second-guessing his decision to leave his starter in to start the 9th after throwing 140 pitches. He was anything but--almost happy that the game was close and exciting. And he joked about leaving his starter in for so long, saying he wasn't ready to fight the kid if he'd opted to take him out. He claimed his starter was old-school durable, tough, etc.. That's fine, but at the end of the day his decision proved wrong and he lost. Maybe the WV bullpen is lousy--but the team must have a few decent arms out there if they've gotten this far. Decisions either work or they don't.

After a very tough loss, you'd think the WV coach would be glum and second-guessing his decision to leave his starter in to start the 9th after throwing 140 pitches. He was anything but--almost happy that the game was close and exciting. And he joked about leaving his starter in for so long, saying he wasn't ready to fight the kid if he'd opted to take him out. He claimed his starter was old-school durable, tough, etc.. That's fine, but at the end of the day his decision proved wrong and he lost. Maybe the WV bullpen is lousy--but the team must have a few decent arms out there if they've gotten this far. Decisions either work or they don't.
I agree that it works until it doesn’t and gut feelings don’t always work out. The starter threw 144 pitches, and 100 of them were strikes. Also, the guy he inserted as DH was in a bad slump, but he hit two home runs.

Reactions: TechnoVol

If I were in the room asking questions I would very bluntly ask “Why did you feel the need to pitch to the best player in North Carolina history? Everyone in attendance was asking me and I just shrugged my shoulders so I figured I would ask you myself.”

You’re putting way too much thought into it. It’s not gonna change anybody’s mind on how good this team is if no other SEC teams make it. If we win it all, then that means we just got through whatever teams we needed to no matter the conference. This is not a “best team always wins” sport.

I agree but this board and the media coverage is full of comparisons between the conferences that lead to arguments and conclusions around which conferences and thus which teams are better.

Reactions: Orange931

Only thing I can add is coach did what he felt was right during game. He knows his team and he is paid to do the job. Would I have done a few things differently, sure. The job doesn’t end with the final out of that game though. Seems like he is keeping them upbeat and as loose as possible for the next game. All you can ask for after the result.

Reactions: @1RBFjr
@cobbwebb0710

Got 12 High Life chilling for game today.🧐
My man!

Back in February I bought a 6 pack of Weihenstephaner Kellerbier at the Xchange.... drank one when the BasketVols clinched the SEC Championship... drank the 2nd to celebrate the BaseVols SEC Reg Season Championship... #3 for the SEC Tourney Championship... #4 when they won the regional.... Hope I get to drink #5 today and #6 later this month.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Connecticut must have flushed that embarrassing loss yesterday. Leading 2-0 bottom 2nd.

VN Store

Back