SUV plows down Wisconsin Christmas parade as children watch in horror

Some of you might want to slow your roll until a definitive statement is made. It appears there are those among us who are wanting it to be racially motivated so they can reinforce their personal biases.

Definitive statement from who? There are definitive facts available today that paint a pretty clear picture so long as you don't ignore them. And any "definitive statement" which ignores the facts ought to be dismissed out of hand.

Definitive statement from who? There are definitive facts available today that paint a pretty clear picture so long as you don't ignore them. And any "definitive statement" which ignores the facts ought to be dismissed out of hand.

A formal, official statement from an LEO authorized to provide information to the public.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
Some of you might want to slow your roll until a definitive statement is made. It appears there are those among us who are wanting it to be racially motivated so they can reinforce their personal biases.

Yep, I bet he was just late and in a hurry for a job interview.

Do you believe discussing the well documented past of the suspect to be of no importance or value?

Considering that I've already brought up the asinine decision by the judge to grant bond release to a multiple felony bail jumper? Yeah, I'd say the past is an important part of the discussion.

But what my loyal opposition above are promoting is not discussion, but acting as judge and jury and passing judgment based wholly on circumstantial evidence. Song lyrics do not typically handle well in court cases; do you also believe that country singers really have lost multiple spouses and vehicles and have serious drinking problems? Artistic expression is granted different weight than, say, a Twitter feed that encourages violence or makes threats of violence.

The Kyle Rittenhouse thread is also still fresh in my mind. The number of people in there who rightly shared disdain for those who passed judgment early should have informed the same behavior here. Looking for consistency.

there are those among us who are wanting it to be racially motivated so they can reinforce their personal biases.

Nobody wants it to be racially motivated. I'd rather not have daily worsening race relations. But, you also shouldn't ignore things just because you don't want it to be true. And you shouldn't bury your head in the sand just because you don't want to appear to be trying to reinforce what someone else perceives to be a personal bias of yours.

It appears the dude who did it was caught. We just have to wait for the motivation behind it. He has 5 deaths on his bill and I'm not sure anything short of a medical issue can absolve him, which appears highly unlikely to be the case. If it was race driven, he will probably admit it.

I understand that, but, you had people here, the media, and even the president claiming the rittenhouse shootings were racial when he shot 3 white people. I don't recall you telling everyone to slow their roll then, but maybe I missed it?

I understand that, but, you had people here, the media, and even the president claiming the rittenhouse shootings were racial when he shot 3 white people. I don't recall you telling everyone to slow their roll then, but maybe I missed it?
He only comes out like that to defend the left side of things. But I don't think he realizes it despite being told as much.

This story won’t get much extended traction from state run media just like when the black dude shot a kid point blank in the head not long ago. If it does they will be trying to justify it and I wouldn’t put it past them to do that.

He only comes out like that to defend the left side of things. But I don't think he realizes it despite being told as much.

He’s like K-town. White guy shoots someone and they’re a racist domestic terrorist. Black guy does it and they are just mentally ill.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Considering that I've already brought up the asinine decision by the judge to grant bond release to a multiple felony bail jumper? Yeah, I'd say the past is an important part of the discussion.

But what my loyal opposition above are promoting is not discussion, but acting as judge and jury and passing judgment based wholly on circumstantial evidence. Song lyrics do not typically handle well in court cases; do you also believe that country singers really have lost multiple spouses and vehicles and have serious drinking problems? Artistic expression is granted different weight than, say, a Twitter feed that encourages violence or makes threats of violence.
If David Allen Coe ran thru a group of black people I have zero doubt many of his song lyrics would be front page news. I just have a hard time with chalking up "kill whitey" to simple artistic expression.

The only conspiracy theorist thought in my mind about this is that we still don't know the motive to that Vegas shooting. I have little faith now that the FBI is involved.

Reactions: AM64

I'm not trying to act as judge or jury or anything. I'm simply stating that it isn't ridiculous to think this may have been racially motivated given the well documents beliefs (rap lyrics and social media posts) of the suspect. And you should disregard any "definitive statement" that ignores these facts. Any "definitive statement" that is made where the conclusion is "not racially motivated" needs to explain away the documented beliefs (not simply bury them and ignore them) before offering an alternate motive.

Nobody wants it to be racially motivated. I'd rather not have daily worsening race relations. But, you also shouldn't ignore things just because you don't want it to be true. And you shouldn't bury your head in the sand just because you don't want to appear to be trying to reinforce what someone else perceives to be a personal bias of yours.

After watching the multiple angles and perspectives of the incident, I feel comfortable saying that if it was a race related incident then the driver is an idiot as well as a killer. Driving patterns in the videos show him going around some parts of the parade where there was room, slightly adjusting course to avoid hitting a little girl just off the sidewalk, and aiming for the path of least density when ramming the marching band. Minor course and speed adjustments could have resulted in significantly greater casualties and terror.

Is racial motivation still on the table? Yes. But the most logical option at this point is still that the assailant was fleeing the scene of another crime and the parade was in his way.

I'm not trying to act as judge or jury or anything. I'm simply stating that it isn't ridiculous to think this may have been racially motivated given the well documents beliefs (rap lyrics and social media posts) of the suspect. And you should disregard any "definitive statement" that ignores these facts. Any "definitive statement" that is made where the conclusion is "not racially motivated" needs to explain away the documented beliefs (not simply bury them and ignore them) before offering an alternate motive.

I wasn't speaking of you when I mentioned the judge and jury comment. You're not the poster who has already had overtly and incendiary racist material removed from the thread by the mods.

I’m still trying to figure out why this dude with an insane rap sheet of violent crimes was able to get out of jail on a $1000 bond and we still have folks, only charged with trespassing through cop opened doors, rotting in solitary confinement for over 6 months. 🤔

Y’all are welcome to try and convince me that our judicial system isn’t way more politically managed as a weapon than ever before since the Leftists are in office.

I’ll just remind you that politically you’re laying down the blueprint of totally acceptable behavior towards the opposition.

He’s like K-town. White guy shoots someone and they’re a racist domestic terrorist. Black guy does it and they are just mentally ill.

Hi. I'm right here. And in multiple posts on this thread I've stated I'm open to changing my opinion based on non circumstantial evidence and I am willing to consider the racially motivated angle as well.

Now could you please direct link me to a post where I say that a white person who shoots black people is a racist domestic terrorist?

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
Y’all are welcome to try and convince me that our judicial system isn’t way more politically managed as a weapon than ever before since the Leftists are in office.

Republican judge. Initially a Scott Walker appointee. She had judicial discretion to set bond significantly higher. I bet she is regretting that decision right now.

After watching the multiple angles and perspectives of the incident, I feel comfortable saying that if it was a race related incident then the driver is an idiot as well as a killer. Driving patterns in the videos show him going around some parts of the parade where there was room, slightly adjusting course to avoid hitting a little girl just off the sidewalk, and aiming for the path of least density when ramming the marching band. Minor course and speed adjustments could have resulted in significantly greater casualties and terror.

Is racial motivation still on the table? Yes. But the most logical option at this point is still that the assailant was fleeing the scene of another crime and the parade was in his way.

Ok. Now what would be the explanation for deliberately running through the parade barricades to get onto that street?

Wouldn’t a non blocked off street have been a better choice for a faster escape route?

VN Store

Back