Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
I’m no military strategist but even I can point to several things that could have been done better.

They way the pullout has been executed has put American lives in danger. Top priority at this point should be getting them out safely.
Our “leaders” recklessly put American lives in danger all the time. Americans lives are not a priority to them and will never be, from Bush to Biden.

Should have known that the Army was **** and not interested. Pulled all of our weaponry out. Evacuated civilians first. Then military. That's the obvious difference that could have been done.

Would the end result have been any different?

We are seeing progressives start to post because they see their favorite MSM news stations starting to report on this cluster. CNN and MSNBC can't avoid this disaster. So progressives are coming out the hole for spin.

Then good on Biden for having the political fortitude to actually follow through.
No one is calling the Biden admin out for leaving. Everyone is calling them out for the complete clown circus method. We’ve had over a year to plan. There is no reason we wouldn’t have withdrawn our civilians and allies before our military puts thermite grenades on anything left behind as they walk up the ramps of the C-17s for the last flights out.

Would the end result have been any different?
As far as the Taliban being back in control? No of course not. I think we all expected that. But they wouldn't have more black hawk helicopters then all but 9 countries. They wouldn't have drones. They wouldn't have millions round of ammo, guns, and arms. And we wouldn't have Afghans who helped us in massive danger. We wouldn't have been freaking out that US citizens and diplomats would be left behind.

I feel like now would be a good time to drone strike the presidential palace in Kabul.

Now the day they become a nation-state, which is unlikely, but not impossible under CCP protection, they will be subject to losses. Not guerilla warfare, but elimination of assets. That is where we excel, but as a CCP vassal, would be no-go.

If we start seeing CCP coming in en mass, this is going to be unbelievably geopolitically catostrophic.

Afghanistan’s Mineral Resources Are a Lost Opportunity and a Threat – The Diplomat

I guess the issues is will the Taliban play hard with the CCP.

Trump made the decision to withdraw, correct? Made the deal to leave, correct?

Had Biden said no, we are not leaving, you'd have blamed him for every death of a US soldier ever since.

You can't have it both ways. You can't pat Trump on the back for deciding to leave and bash Biden for, you know, actually leaving.

And if this were happening under Trump you’d be leading the blame train.

Another very fascinating interview. (Sorry not the one I wanted to link.)

US 'made a mistake' in underestimating Afghan forces: Lute

Aug. 15, 2021 - 7:24 - Former Department of National Security Adviser of Afghan War Douglas Lute looks back on history of Afghanistan tensions and military capability.

Terror Threat is RAISED: Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair Mark Milley tells senators that the US homeland is Now at Greater Risk From Terror Groups in Afghanistan in major blow to American efforts after 20 years of fighting in the country

Afghanistan fell to the Taliban much faster than President Joe Biden and his top military leaders predicted, a Sunday report from Axios reveals.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley told a bipartisan group of senators during a Sunday call that a past assessment of how soon the terrorist groups will reemerge in Afghanistan will drastically speed up due to the events over the last week.

On the call with Milley, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Republican Senator Lindsey Graham asked if they will revise the assessment given to Congress in June that classified a 'medium' risk of terrorist group reconstituting within two years of withdrawal.

Mark Milley told senators terrorist groups could reemerge in Afghanistan much quicker than predicted | Daily Mail Online

Terror Threat is RAISED: Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair Mark Milley tells senators that the US homeland is Now at Greater Risk From Terror Groups in Afghanistan in major blow to American efforts after 20 years of fighting in the country

Afghanistan fell to the Taliban much faster than President Joe Biden and his top military leaders predicted, a Sunday report from Axios reveals.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley told a bipartisan group of senators during a Sunday call that a past assessment of how soon the terrorist groups will reemerge in Afghanistan will drastically speed up due to the events over the last week.

On the call with Milley, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Republican Senator Lindsey Graham asked if they will revise the assessment given to Congress in June that classified a 'medium' risk of terrorist group reconstituting within two years of withdrawal.

Mark Milley told senators terrorist groups could reemerge in Afghanistan much quicker than predicted | Daily Mail Online

Whewww..Guess I have fallen down the threat list

Reactions: AM64
No one is calling the Biden admin out for leaving. Everyone is calling them out for the complete clown circus method. We’ve had over a year to plan. There is no reason we wouldn’t have withdrawn our civilians and allies before our military puts thermite grenades on anything left behind as they walk up the ramps of the C-17s for the last flights out.

Outside of the embassy which has a stated mission there, what civilians were left?

All the government and contractor personnel that I worked with while over there were pulled out months ago and I know that for a fact. If you think there was anything other than a skeleton crew left at the embassy to turn off the lights you are crazy.

Outside of the embassy which has a stated mission there, what civilians were left?

All the government and contractor personnel that I worked with while over there were pulled out months ago and I know that for a fact. If you think there was anything other than a skeleton crew left at the embassy to turn off the lights you are crazy.
We still had all of the embassy support staff as well as the native Afghans whom assisted us. They and their families should have been evacuated before we got to this point. They will all be slaughtered. And all families of Americans posted there should have been out long ago also.

VN Store

Back