Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
We wouldn’t look so incompetent.

The bottom line is that all civilians that could be pulled out were, way before the military left. The equipment left behind was for the ANA. The fact that the Taliban has it is not an indictment on us.

Again, Biden gets credit here because he knew it would not be popular on either side and his political enemies would do precisely what you are doing right now.

I DGS if this was Trump, Biden, hog88, or any other person that thinks they are smarter. This was going to be ugly regardless and in my opinion this decision took more guts than anything Obama or Trump even approached in their terms.

We still had all of the embassy support staff as well as the native Afghans whom assisted us. They and their families should have been evacuated before we got to this point. They will all be slaughtered. And all families of Americans posted there should have been out long ago also.

I’ve been to the embassy in Kabul and I’ve seen first hand what it takes for an Afghan National to try and get a Visa into the US. This was an issue leading all the way back to Bush. Even military interpreters and what not have a ridiculous amount of hoops to jump through. I have written letters in support of some local nationals that worked in the bazaars on base supporting US troops. I know they will be targets for the Taliban. These were legit good people that just hoped one day they could come to the US.

That one isn’t solely on Biden, I’m sorry.

And again, the Embassy was left with nothing other than the absolute essential staff to keep the lights on.

But @rjd970 I guess this is a needless directive since there is nobody left to heed this?

It didn’t have to be a clown show. That’s it.

Where in the blue holy hell have I said there is no one left over there to heed this?

And yes, it is a clown show and would have been no matter what.

I’ve been to the embassy in Kabul and I’ve seen first hand what it takes for an Afghan National to try and get a Visa into the US. This was an issue leading all the way back to Bush. Even military interpreters and what not have a ridiculous amount of hoops to jump through. I have written letters in support of some local nationals that worked in the bazaars on base supporting US troops. I know they will be targets for the Taliban. These were legit good people that just hoped one day they could come to the US.

And again, the Embassy was left with nothing other than the absolute essential staff to keep the lights on.

Then why the rush to send in 5K?

That’s got to suck man that you had personal experiences with people who are left there. I don’t know why anybody would help us going forward honestly.

That’s got to suck man that you had personal experiences with people who are left there. I don’t know why anybody would help us going forward honestly.

I wrote a few letters for a family I knew over there. They would bring in fresh chicken and rice and cook us lunch once a week. No money, nothing in return, they just wanted to visit and here about our lives and share theirs.

I started my letters to the state department about 6 months ago. Some of the other guys over there did the same. Honestly don’t know what has become of them.

Most military planes won't show up, but there is an AF KC-135 tanker orbiting over southern Afghanistan; another headed back to base after orbiting just east of Kabul; and what appears to be a Navy C-130 tanker headed toward toward the Kabul area (now not on screen) - so something is still going on that requires tankers to provide in air refueling. There was also something without much ID except that it was a 747 (possibly chartered) headed toward Kabul - it's no longer showing up, so ADS-B has been turned off, blanked, or not being received - probably blanked.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
IDK man..when I read "The bottom line is that all civilians that could be pulled out were, way before the military left. " all I gotto say is BS
To your point if that was the case we wouldn’t be sending in 5000 combat arms troops to “assist in the draw down”

IDK man..when I read "The bottom line is that all civilians that could be pulled out were, way before the military left. " all I gotto say is BS

I don’t throw around the expert card, but here I do. I was over there 2 years as a contractor and I keep in touch with a good number of DoD and DoS personnel that were there with me.

I would say 95% of the people that were there 12 months prior were gone long ago. Everyone left there was there to burn documents and turn off the lights on their way out. I really think if there is a failure here, it is on the intelligence services for getting it so wrong. We left maybe a month ago now and Kabul is now about to fall.

But the pullout of civilian and contractors started long ago.

VN Store

Back