Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Looks like the neocons are coming out of the hole they’ve been living in since COVID. We’ve got government shutting down business and colluding with companies to silence dissent in the biggest assault on personal liberty in my lifetime. But at least now National Review and the Heritage Foundation are outraged about something. That something is Boeing and Raytheon’s bottom line. I never bought into the idea that conservatives were finally questioning the wars of adventure and feel somewhat validated in my perspective. Good politics never lets principle get in the way of opportunistic bludgeoning of foes.

Reactions: hog88
Looks like the neocons are coming out of the hole they’ve been living in since COVID. We’ve got government shutting down business and colluding with companies to silence dissent in the biggest assault on personal liberty in my lifetime. But at least now National Review and the Heritage Foundation are outraged about something. That something is Boeing and Raytheon’s bottom line. I never bought into the idea that conservatives were finally questioning the wars of adventure and feel somewhat validated in my perspective. Good politics never lets principle get in the way of opportunistic bludgeoning of foes.
I've said repeatedly that I'm all for pulling out of Afghanistan. I think the main source of ire is in the way that it has been done, not so much the action itself.

Reactions: AM64 and volfanhill
i can't put into words how little i care that afghanistan is going back to the way its always been. 20 years, over a trillion dollars, and US lives wasted for contractors and politicians. the media can try to get me to care as much as they want, but i applaud both trump and biden for going through with a hard stop to this complete idiocy
We'll care when the next terrorist attack is traced back to training camps that are there.

Whatever one thinks of the pullout, the geostrategic implications are going to be massive.

I've said repeatedly that I'm all for pulling out of Afghanistan. I think the main source of ire is in the way that it has been done, not so much the action itself.
I just don't want any Americans to get killed in the retreat. Once everyone is out and safe, I say we unload on anything we left behind that could be used against us.

Reactions: AM64

Trump made the decision to withdraw, correct? Made the deal to leave, correct?

Had Biden said no, we are not leaving, you'd have blamed him for every death of a US soldier ever since.

You can't have it both ways. You can't pat Trump on the back for deciding to leave and bash Biden for, you know, actually leaving.

Reactions: imw8n4u and rjd970

Had Biden said no, we are not leaving, you'd have blamed him for every death of a US soldier ever since.

You can't have it both ways. You can't pat Trump on the back for deciding to leave and bash Biden for, you know, actually leaving.
Biden had the information. Biden made the call. Biden signed off on the logistics. This is on him. Grow the **** up.

Fascinating interview between Chris Wallace and Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. You'll want to hear this.

Mike Pompeo calls out Biden for 'pathetic blame shifting' on Afghanistan

It not that we are leaving. It's the way we left. And you know that. Complete cluster ****. Also, if Biden were a leader, and thought we needed to stay, then he should fing lead and say we are staying. I would have disagreed but at least it's leadership. This is a clown show. Your willingness to accept crap leadership, for fear of political attack bc of soldiers death, is precisely the problem with this country. And it's why we end up with a Trump or a Biden.

Biden had the information. Biden made the call. Biden signed off on the logistics. This is on him. Grow the **** up.

Trump would have done exactly the same thing. He'd have followed the advice of the same career experts that Biden did.

Didn’t Biden come in and undo a lot of Trump’s policies on pretty much day 1? Didn’t Biden say just weeks ago that the downfall was not inevitable? Just because Trump had a plan in place doesn’t mean the execution had to go to $hit. Which it completely has

More ifs and buts from you.

You criticized Trump on abandoning the Kurds, dare calling it GOP isolationists. You now support Biden's abandonment, and Trump at that with the withdrawal.

You are a hot mess.

Trump would have done exactly the same thing. He'd have followed the advice of the same career experts that Biden did.

Exactly. there is a lot of political BS coming from the right on this one. At the end of the day Biden had the political stomach to ACTUALLY do what no President since Bush, with Trump included, would do. Everyone before him only talked about it. End of story.

Anyway you look at it this was a loss politically no matter the outcome. The Monday morning QB over anything going wrong was bound to happen.

What’s the F’n issue here? We are out of a foreign entanglement and letting a sovereign country decide its fate. The right, being objective in any kind of way should be jumping for joy. And if you say it was just the execution of this, what would you have done differently that would have ended any other way? This country was going to fall back into Taliban hands no matter what.

Empires generally don’t pull out of territory in an orderly fashion. This is the norm and expected.
I’m no military strategist but even I can point to several things that could have been done better.

They way the pullout has been executed has put American lives in danger. Top priority at this point should be getting them out safely.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Empires generally don’t pull out of territory in an orderly fashion. This is the norm and expected.
Should have known that the Army was **** and not interested. Pulled all of our weaponry out. Evacuated civilians first. Then military. That's the obvious difference that could have been done.

VN Store

Back