Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
That’s 2000 from the 82nd alone. They already sent their alert regiment.

These are top tier combat units. They aren’t there to “facilitate a peaceful withdrawal”. This thing is going to spiral out of control.

Biden having second thoughts? You know DC doesnt like this move

Biden having second thoughts? You know DC doesnt like this move
Do you think he actually had a thought to begin with? He has his 20 something YO staffers doing his policy decisions. His high school interns are the ones implementing policy. Ask one of his staffers where Afghanistan is on the map and I bet 3 out of 4 get the wrong hemisphere.

Do you think he actually had a thought to begin with? He has his 20 something YO staffers doing his policy decisions. His high school interns are the ones implementing policy. Ask one of his staffers where Afghanistan is on the map and I bet 3 out of 4 get the wrong hemisphere.

That's not a very good criticism in the wake of the disastrous Trump administration and the wackos they depended on as staff

You talking military industrial complex?

The MIC has gotten about all they could out of this. The bid contractors were not going to be selling high dollar hardware to them. Hardware given to them was always hand me downs from the USG, Hips and Hinds and old Humvees and such.

To your point...The state, IC, both parties actually.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Leaving our citizens behind at overrun embassies has become a US tradition.

Our military is apparently smarter that the State Dept in that respect. The first place I lived after being born in TN was Kimpo, Korea. By 1948 the military decided Korea was risky and moved us to Japan - well before N Korea decided to invade S Korea. Of course, Truman and his SecDef gutted the military after WW2. My dad was RIFed by the AF in the spring of 1950; in late summer of 1950 he was back in Korea - and after Inchon back to see what was left of our old home and Seoul.

Taliban Pose in Kabul's Presidential Palace as Afghan leader flees country: Islamists Declare Islamic Emirate amid chaotic scenes at airport as thousands including British Ambassador try to get out

• The Taliban has warned the US it must cease airstrikes or else its extremist fighters will move in
The Taliban has said they will soon declare the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan from the presidential palace in Kabul as militants posed in the office and the country's president fled for Tajikistan, with thousands of Afghan nationals now racing to Pakistan to escape brutal Islamist rule.

The country's embattled president Ashraf Ghani while thousands of Afghan nationals fled to the Pakistan border, in a move signalling the end of the failed 20-year Western experiment begun after the September 11 attacks in New York City and Washington DC.

Foreigners in Kabul were told to either leave or register their presence with Taliban administrators, while RAF planes were scrambled to evacuate 6,000 British diplomats, citizens and Afghan translators, and the British Ambassador was moved to a safe place.

Bagram air base, holding ISIS and Taliban fighters, was also surrendered by troops on Sunday despite the hundreds of billions of dollars spent by the United States and NATO over the past two decades to build up Afghanistan's security forces.

46703641-9895247-image-m-23_1629047176647.jpg

The Taliban has said they will soon declare the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan from the presidential palace in Kabul as militants posed in the office

Taliban pose inside Presidential Palace in Kabul after Afghan leader flees country | Daily Mail Online

At least the Taliban understand what insurrection means.

Could you please add some detail as to what Trump dis wrong in Afghanistan.

I think he followed the advice of the military and intelligence career officers, as did Biden, that the resurgence of the Taliban would take a year or more and could be managed.

Outside of the embassy which has a stated mission there, what civilians were left?

All the government and contractor personnel that I worked with while over there were pulled out months ago and I know that for a fact. If you think there was anything other than a skeleton crew left at the embassy to turn off the lights you are crazy.

There are still contractors there. Wife’s friend, her dad an engineer working over there is still in country.

There are still contractors there. Wife’s friend, her dad an engineer working over there is still in country.

Yep there is still a handful of employees of the company I work for still there too.

Doesn’t change the fact the vast majority were pulled out months ago. Anyone that was left needed to be there at the end.

VN Store

Back