Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Then there is the problem. A massive intelligence and military failure in estimating the enemy. That's on the admin. That simple.

I would agree with that.

So, given the intelligence f-up, where would any other administration done anything different?

I would agree with that.

So, given the intelligence f-up, where would any other administration done anything different?

Is the military and intelligence community led under Biden the same as those who led it under Trump? Don't get me wrong I am not saying this wouldn't have happened under Trump. But it's not his **** sandwich to eat. Biden had plenty of time to asses. And if he felt like he didn't then he could have changed course. His problem to own.

Fact is, the people who miscalculated this are career military and intelligence. Same people would have made the same mistake no matter who was President.

And you all know this is true.

Maybe if we hadn't been politicizing the military and intelligence agencies all this time. Maybe if we hadn't been filling intelligence agencies and the state department from the ivy leagues. Maybe if we had professionals instead of flunkies and political appointees in DC agencies and we viewed them as real business instead of oversized bureaucracies staffed by political hack jobs. Maybe if the fed bureaucracies were more "right to work - or be fired" than civil service and SEIU type fodder. Maybe if we'd adhered more to the 10th Amendment ... Maybe if bullfrogs had wings ... Maybe we can stop the slide and not join Afghanistan and others in the 3rd world.

Fact is, the people who miscalculated this are career military and intelligence. Same people would have made the same mistake no matter who was President.

And you all know this is true.
So you still mad at Bush admin for missing 9/11 warnings or is that different?

Reactions: BreatheUT
Maybe if we hadn't been politicizing the military and intelligence agencies all this time. Maybe if we hadn't been filling intelligence agencies and the state department from the ivy leagues. Maybe if we had professionals instead of flunkies and political appointees in DC agencies and we viewed them as real business instead of oversized bureaucracies staffed by political hack jobs. Maybe if the fed bureaucracies were more "right to work - or be fired" than civil service and SEIU type fodder. Maybe if we'd adhered more to the 10th Amendment ... Maybe if bullfrogs had wings ... Maybe we can stop the slide and not join Afghanistan and others in the 3rd world.

I don't think it was a politically born problem. The issue is believing we had weakened the Taliban more than we had.

As others have said, we probably had quite a few opportunities to leave over the last 10, maybe 15 years, that would have fared no better but at least we've had been out earlier.

Reactions: tbh and ENGRVOL
Deflect, Deflect, Deflect.................. How many years does Biden have in politics and wasnt he VP in charge of Foreign Policy a few years ago? Biden is always has been and always will be a failed politician and this is just another in a long line for him.

Biden was sitting on the left hand for eight very long years while Obama and his other flunkies were deciding which generals were going to run the military ... and what the quotas and agendas would be. Not much time in a four year term to find potentials and pull them up to the top in a structured environment. But as was pointed out earlier, we don't have to worry about certain types of extremists in the military now.

I don't think it was a politically born problem. The issue is believing we had weakened the Taliban more than we had.

As others have said, we probably had quite a few opportunities to leave over the last 10, maybe 15 years, that would have fared no better but at least we've had been out earlier.

This is Biden 2 days ago. It's time to embrace the horror. He is responsible.

Even CNN is piling on
CNN and the rest of the cable news need a war to cover. If it were up to them it'd be Desert Storm every day. Americans wanted out and that's what we got finally. I thank Trump for setting a date and Biden for following through to get us out of there. The blame for the mess in Afghanistan falls directly on the Afghan govt and military / police forces that should have held the country, but instead have just completely vanished.

It seems things are going remarkably well. I haven 't seen anyone dangling from helicopter skids yet.

He was wrong. No doubt about it.

So was Trump to think this would be easy.
You have to be the biggest dunce I've ever witnessed on this web site. Uncle potato head is our idiot in chief and you continue to bring up Trump. Actually this Obama's fault and he set up poor old Joe for failure.

Reactions: AM64 and BreatheUT

I mostly agree with that except I think we have extremely poor leadership in too many places in DC - because of politics and appointments. It's not a new development. The Best and the Brightest by David Halberstam covers the people and the kind of people Kennedy gathered around him; these are the same people Johnson relied on when he screwed up Viet Nam; we just use new faces from the same places now ... and continue to screw up policy.

I get your sentiment that it isn't a political problem; however, as long as we use political instincts in selecting people and keep relying on the same institutions as fodder for people in the top ranks of government, we will keep making the same mistakes. From that perspective it is a political problem. We probably have the most educated and most "professional" military we could have dreamed of, and look where the focus is ... it's not on winning wars.

VN Store

Back