Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Memes incoming!

E82mXtaVgAIBtC6

Yep there is still a handful of employees of the company I work for still there too.

Doesn’t change the fact the vast majority were pulled out months ago. Anyone that was left needed to be there at the end.

Not what u said earlier.

Biden Can Redeem His Mistake

In 1975, he failed to see what America owed the Vietnamese who had bet their lives on American promises.

APRIL 13, 2021

If the purpose of the Afghan War was to prevent terrorists from using Afghanistan to stage attacks on the United States, America could have declared victory and gone home years ago. But if the purpose was also to help build a durable state—to prevent the Taliban from taking power again, destroying the hard-won progress made by millions of Afghan citizens, and perhaps allowing radical Islamists to regain a base on Afghan soil—then the longest war in U.S. history is ending in defeat. President Joe Biden’s announcement that all American forces will be withdrawn by September 11—a neat two decades after the attacks that propelled the U.S. into Afghanistan—simply gives a date after which the clock on the demise of the Afghan government will begin to tick.

As I recently wrote, Biden has a relevant personal history. In April 1975, as a first-term senator, he was an outspoken opponent of using American money and risking Americans’ safety to rescue the tens of thousands of South Vietnamese who had bet their lives on American promises. “The United States has no obligation to evacuate one, or 100,001, South Vietnamese,” he said in a Senate speech. President Gerald Ford tried to sway Biden by reminding him of the American tradition of welcoming refugees from war and oppression, but Biden was unmoved. Vietnam was a lost cause, and Americans wanted to forget.

Biden Can Redeem His Mistake

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I wonder if the Taliban will work with the CCP? Roll in with cash and fund mineral rights and such.

It is being suggested in some circles that might happen.

Already done. The taliban had press release this past week ..ChiComs add them to their belt and road program and develop the Stan while "not interfering in their internal affairs." In exchange, Stan promised not to harbor or conspire with the muslim faction currently being mass murdered inside Chinas genocide camps...

I think he followed the advice of the military and intelligence career officers, as did Biden, that the resurgence of the Taliban would take a year or more and could be managed.
Personally, I think the current President and the past three Presidents got it wrong. We as a country have been absolutely pitiful at understanding other cultures. We were screwed when we decided to stay beyond kicking their butts in Bora Bora. The minute we cleaned out that nest of zealots should have been our last minute in that country. WE fail to see beyond our own egos to often.

Reactions: AM64
There are still contractors there. Wife’s friend, her dad an engineer working over there is still in country.
I hope those contractors are doing everything they can do to get the H out of Dodge. It will be ugly over there.

Reactions: AM64
Yep there is still a handful of employees of the company I work for still there too.

Doesn’t change the fact the vast majority were pulled out months ago. Anyone that was left needed to be there at the end.
And we should have had the required security forces on ground until their job was done. Why would we pull their security before they were done? That's stupid.

For everybody rationalizing that were out and this was going to happen anyway be sure to look up a family of one of the now 6000 combat troops going BACK and tell them this is no big deal they were going back anyway. SMDH what a **** show.
We pulled 3,000 troops out to send 6,000 back? Is that correct?

And we should have had the required security forces on ground until their job was done. Why would we pull their security before they were done? That's stupid.
There is zero way to soft sell the now 6000 combat troops heading back in there. And the list keeps growing. If they are needed now, then they were needed a month ago when clueless Joe assured us the Afghans has this cluster in hand.

Again, nobody though Kabul would fall this fast. It isn’t like there was no security there before these 6K were sent back in.

For everybody rationalizing that were out and this was going to happen anyway be sure to look up a family of one of the now 6000 combat troops going BACK and tell them this is no big deal they were going back anyway. SMDH what a **** show.

Nobody to rescue according to some

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back