Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Biden be like...we don't care that you kidnap 12 year olds or kill homosexuals..but we will insist that you join NATO to help stop Putin and his buddy Trump

Biden carried out policy started by Trump. You guys liked it then. Now? Oh noooeeessss....

Biden did the exact thing Trump called for before he was voted out. Where was the outrage when Trump was floating this around?
Just stop with the "but Trump" crap. Take off your partisan hat and call it what it was. It was a political stunt by a guy who has been in politics for the last 45+ years and it is going south quickly.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Biden did the exact thing Trump called for before he was voted out. Where was the outrage when Trump was floating this around?
In this case it's not the what, but the how. Trump never got to the how, or really the what. Which is why Biden was given credit, not Trump.

You, LG, and others want to bring Trump into it so you dont have to address what is actually happening.

In this case it's not the what, but the how. Trump never got to the how, or really the what. Which is why Biden was given credit, not Trump.

You, LG, and others want to bring Trump into it so you dont have to address what is actually happening.

Just out of curiosity - if it was happening different and the Taliban was running for the hills after we pulled out and the Afghans were well on their way to a functioning democracy, would this still be your position?

Just out of curiosity - if it was happening different and the Taliban was running for the hills after we pulled out and the Afghans were well on their way to a functioning democracy, would this still be your position?

That Biden did the right thing? Yes. That's my opinion right now. Biden did right by America by pulling out. Period.

Biden's (or our intelligence services) mistake is not realizing how quickly the Taliban would take over. Should have had most all of our civilians out before the troops left.

Not sure this is fair. Hindsight is 20/20. I think a lot knew that Afghan would eventually fall back to the Taliban. However, I don't think anybody could have anticipated it would be this quick. I mean its barely been a couple weeks.

Reactions: Wireless1
This mess lays squarely on the shoulders of a man who has been in government since before most of us were born. He was warned by his own military and proceeded with a purely political withdrawal. Now, we are sending 8,000 troops in on a "rescue mission"......... You would think that he would, at the least, have the balls to call it what it is.

Damn right. Trump's plan was different. Amazing people try to draw the same comparison to strategy to explain failure.

Not sure this is fair. Hindsight is 20/20. I think a lot knew that Afghan would eventually fall back to the Taliban. However, I don't think anybody could have anticipated it would be this quick. I mean its barely been a couple weeks.

It's our intelligence agencies job to know and they failed big time. There is absolutely no excuse for us not having an accurate assessment of the Afgan Army and a damn good one on the Taliban's capability.

Just stop with the "but Trump" crap. Take off your partisan hat and call it what it was. It was a political stunt by a guy who has been in politics for the last 45+ years and it is going south quickly.
Take off your partisan hat, ha ha. Thanks for the laugh.

It's our intelligence agencies job to know and they failed big time. There is absolutely no excuse for us not having an accurate assessment of the Afgan Army and a damn good one on the Taliban's capability.

It sounds like what you are essentially saying is it is the intelligence agencies fault we pulled out. Because I guarantee if they knew the country would fall in a matter of weeks we would still be there.

Don't be lumping me in with folks just because.

It sounds like what you are essentially saying is it is the intelligence agencies fault we pulled out. Because I guarantee if they knew the country would fall in a matter of weeks we would still be there.

If their assessment was that Afghanistan would fall this quick (or close) and Biden still gave the order without having our civilians out it's all on him (whoever is pulling his strings). If they missed on the assessment it's just another in a long line of failures from our intelligence community.

Now, don't get me wrong. If our IC warned Biden this would happen I still 100% support the decision to leave, he made the right call. His mistake was not getting our civilians out prior to leaving.

I'd sing Trump's praises. I'd be happy any folks combat nationalism.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH

VN Store

Back