Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
I never said Afghanistan was the sole reason the USSR collapsed but to your original dumbass post, yes the Russians ripped the hell out of their government over Afghanistan.

No, you implied that, don't front.

But for the way they left?

Because that's the only relevant thing we're talking about.

You tried conflating it and you stepped on your dick, but yeah - keep calling my post dumb.

"Failure" is also a matter of perspective. This is a massive failure from the perspective of ordinary citizens like us and folks whose job it was to actually rebuild the institutions of the country and help institute a Western-style democracy. It isn't a failure from the perspective of government bureaucrats and the military-industrial complex though, who are the decision-makers and set policy.

It's a failure only from the perspective of people whose job it was to implement the plan. Those who came up with the plan? That's a different story.
With the propaganda machine that is the MSM and the fact that our elections have been questionable for decades, this falls more on the ruling uniparty than it does the citizens. Do people need to wake up, absolutely. However, the uniparty and those that appointed top positions in the military and intelligence community deserve most of the blame.

I am as anti war as the next guy but the images of people falling off of planes after takeoff trying to escape the Taliban is a disaster for this administration and the US as a whole. There is no other way to look at, the question is do most Americans really care and I don't think most do.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
There is no good reason to stay in that country. We failed to learn from history

81FnV-URa5L._AC_SX466_.jpg

Reactions: AM64
It was dumb and you keep doubling down.

LOL, you tried to dunk and fell flat on your face.

Show me where the Russians cried about the governments inept withdrawal or sit down.

Hell, I'll bet you could find where the Russians now are super glad about the fact that the lack of military confidence hastened their move from communism.

Only hindsight will tell on this one.

If terror attacks start happening again and the leaders are safe in Afghanistan then this was absolutely the wrong move.

I think the best we can hope for is Afghanistan simply being a repressive country who's ideology is confined to its borders. I would think the last thing they want to do after taking back their country is to do something that would bring us right back. Only time will tell.
I think the issue will be, as it previously was, is keeping those outside influences out. I don’t know that they can, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the radical faction of the Paks are orchestrating this.

A few things are fact:

Biden is POTUS.
* They botched the withdrawal.
* They started withdrawing the military before citizens.
* They did it in the middle of fighting season.
* They did it all at once instead of stages.
* It created an humanitarian crisis.
* They ignored the Taliban who were always going to be part of the government. That is why the Trump administration knew they had to involve them but the Trump administration were setting the terms.
* Now we are going back in with military in a more dangerous situation for our men and women.
* It's a global embarrassment.
* China, Russia and other adversaries are positioning themselves to benefit.
* America is less safe today.
* We have little intelligence apparatus over there now to monitor terrorist activity.

* All the buffoons responsible for this will possibly keep their jobs.
* Left wing propaganda media will do all they can to gloss this over eventhough they can't fully ignore the turd.

If America is less safe today, it isn't because of terrorists hiding in the caves of Afghanistan. We have our own set of terrorists right here in the Good Ole USA. Where have you been the last 18 months? Was that the Taliban shutting down businesses and locking down towns last year? Was that the Taliban rioting and looting last summer? Did the Taliban run the election?

You MFers on the right are so focused on these boogeymen overseas that you ignore the danger right here in your damn face.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I am as anti war as the next guy but the images of people falling off of planes after takeoff trying to escape the Taliban is a disaster for this administration and the US as a whole. There is no other way to look at, the question is do most Americans really care and I don't think most do.

The number of lives lost and the total cost of this war is staggering. You can blame the administration if it makes you feel better but this vacuum was going to be filled irrespective of who slept upstairs at the WH.

The number of lives lost and the total cost of this war is staggering. You can blame the administration if it makes you feel better but this vacuum was going to be filled irrespective of who slept upstairs at the WH.
More Americans died on 9/11.

Russia's embassy is staying. China will actively work with the Taliban. If we just abandoned our embassy altogether, we would have been calling it a loss before the installed security forces ever had a chance. In hindsight, maybe we should have because they folded faster than fast. But provided we don't lose anybody here, I understand leaving a skeleton crew at the embassy.
Outside of the natural resources and the possible trading routes that can be developed for China and Russia right now, of what military significance is Afghanistan to the United States?

Why we didn't bomb the House of Saud instead of the Taliban 20 years ago is still a mystery to me...

Reactions: Sandman 423
Outside of the natural resources and the possible trading routes that can be developed for China and Russia right now, of what military significance is Afghanistan to the United States?

Why we didn't bomb the House of Saud instead of the Taliban 20 years ago is still a mystery to me...
It's a good bombing practice range

Two things that are not mutually exclusive and can both be true:

1) The withdrawal from Afghanistan was likely well overdue and necessary.
2) It's being executed extraordinarily badly. We should've been getting the diplomats, Afghan interpreters, and as much of our military equipment as possible out 3 months ago when the Taliban started marching.

No oil in Afghanistan.

VN Store

Back