Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
This is Baghdad Bob level of delusion from a month ago...

Depends upon what exactly transpires in Afghanistan over the next several years.

Afghanistan is going to be a cluster regardless. The key question is does it become a hellhole just for Afghans, or do problems there extend outside of its borders. If the problems expand outside of its borders and it becomes a thorn in the side of Western countries, then this statement from Biden is right up there with Dubya's "Mission Accomplished" from Iraq.

It's a horrible look regardless, but people will really only remember it if Afghanistan creates serious problems for years and years to come. Which is probably will.

Reactions: TheDirector
Still, you have more of a reason to bomb and fight the Saudis. The Saudis are the ones with the arms and the means to do the most damage. The Taliban are just regional thugs.
Did the Saudi government actively support them? I've seen things that suggest it may have been the case but nothing close to being the conclusive. We know the Taliban actively supported AQ. Do you want us to invade every country that a bad guy was born?

Get it in before the 5pm meds and Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy
Now as an avid Jeopardy watcher I’m slightly offended, but 3:45? There’s no audience, well there shouldn’t be one available, but by the time anyone actually gets to watch it, it will be spun, flipped and molded into what people want to hear. This is our longest war coming to a complete end and he gets a 3:45 TV slot in the summer? Address the Nation at a time that will allow for the majority of Americans to watch.

Reactions: AM64 and VolnJC
If America is less safe today, it isn't because of terrorists hiding in the caves of Afghanistan. We have our own set of terrorists right here in the Good Ole USA. Where have you been the last 18 months? Was that the Taliban shutting down businesses and locking down towns last year? Was that the Taliban rioting and looting last summer? Did the Taliban run the election?

You MFers on the right are so focused on these boogeymen overseas that you ignore the danger right here in your damn face.

I agree except for the MFers part.

Now as an avid Jeopardy watcher I’m slightly offended, but 3:45? There’s no audience, well there shouldn’t be one available, but by the time anyone actually gets to watch it, it will be spun, flipped and molded into what people want to hear. This is our longest war coming to a complete end and he gets a 3:45 TV slot in the summer? Address the Nation at a time that will allow for the majority of Americans to watch.

Do it in "Primetime" 9 pm ET doofus Joe. What a loser. Can't even get the time right.

Did the Saudi government actively support them? I've seen things that suggest it may have been the case but nothing close to being the conclusive. We know the Taliban actively supported AQ. Do you want us to invade every country that a bad guy was born?
Hey, I'm the anti-interventionist of the forum. I'm not necessarily for invading countries period. But if we were going to fight anyone after 9/11, the most bang for our buck would have been to go after the KSA, because truthfully, the KSA harbored Bin Laden just as much, if not more than The Taliban or Saddam.

We used to have one of our nursing homes that had their PRN sleep meds like Ambien on the MAR for 5pm...needless to say they gave that dose alot

Depends upon what exactly transpires in Afghanistan over the next several years.

Afghanistan is going to be a cluster regardless. The key question is does it become a hellhole just for Afghans, or do problems there extend outside of its borders. If the problems expand outside of its borders and it becomes a thorn in the side of Western countries, then this statement from Biden is right up there with Dubya's "Mission Accomplished" from Iraq.

It's a horrible look regardless, but people will really only remember it if Afghanistan creates serious problems for years and years to come. Which is probably will.
Agreed that it was always going to be a disaster in Afghanistan. However out of all the missteps from lack of proper planning that the Biden admin took, the most dangerous part was not securing the 5000 al Qaeda and ISIS prisoners in Kabul. Now they are set free and will return to planning terrorist attacks around the world. The world is a much more dangerous place with Biden in charge. On top of that we have a porous southern border where many of those released terrorists can come across and get their revenge after being locked up for up to 20 years. If we are not going to fight the terrorists on their turf then we had better make sure they can't come here. Unfortunately they can easily come here now that Biden reversed Trump's border policies and created a disaster their also.

Reactions: AM64 and Redleg68
We used to have one of our nursing homes that had their PRN sleep meds like Ambien on the MAR for 5pm...needless to say they gave that dose alot

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back