Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Of coarse Americans wanted out, but I don't think that they should have expected the pull out to be executed so poorly. It isn't Monday quarterbacking when the game is still going on.

I don't know why anyone expected anything different.

The reason they disregarded those reports is because they knew that and it was not going to change their decision. There was no way a viable government could be formed, and they knew that getting the last people out would have to be like this. They were not caught blindsided by this - they knew.

That's kind of like someone telling you "Don't pull that band-aid off, it'll hurt," you pull it off anyway and feel the pain, and then that person saying "You disregarded what I told you!"

I suppose you can leave the band-aid on and avoid feeling the pain today, but the band-aid can't stay on forever, and regardless of when you pull it off it is going to hurt.

We are laughing at fools with their "it ain't so bad" or "how else could it have been done" takes.

I get it, it is about as well as you could have seen it going if you were in charge.

And I'm laughing at the fools who are pretending to suddenly care.

Not that I'd have expected you to pick up on that, despite my having to spell it out for you.

Live video of you Trumpers acting like you care about the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan:

704.gif

Reactions: VolStrom
The reason they disregarded those reports is because they knew that and it was not going to change their decision. There was no way a viable government could be formed, and they knew that getting the last people out would have to be like this. They were not caught blindsided by this - they knew.

That's kind of like someone telling you "Don't pull that band-aid off, it'll hurt," you pull it off anyway and feel the pain, and then that person saying "You disregarded what I told you!"

I suppose you can leave the band-aid on and avoid feeling the pain today, but the band-aid can't stay on forever, and regardless of when you pull it off it is going to hurt.
Does pulling the band-aid off include placing American citizens in harms way without protection? How about arming our enemies? Or, placing more American citizens in harms way to fix this mess?

Reactions: VolStrom
Well there seems to have been a disagreement, both here and there, on how long the Afghan army would hold out. And the Biden folks (hopefully or otherwise) went with a more favorable scenario. Oops.

I suppose - gotta trust your intel or go with your gut, or both. Looks like they all missed the boat.

'We beg you, save these women and children': Desperate Relatives of Britons Stranded in Kabul with 'no food and water' and All Flights Grounded Plead with UK Government to fly them home as fears grow over new dawn of Taliban Terror

Britons stuck in Afghanistan or with stranded relatives amid the worsening situation today told of chaotic scenes at Kabul Airport as they were stuck with no food or water and grounded flights.

Evacuation flights out of Kabul were suspended as at least seven people were killed, with three stowaways falling hundreds of feet to their deaths and hundreds of other people trying to cling to planes along the runway.

Britons in Kabul plead with UK government to fly them home | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: Silence Dogood
So when Afghan civilians massed around those final troops at the airport who are on their way out the door, the air cover is there to presumably drop bombs on them? If you think what happened is bad PR, I can't imagine how that would be received.

If you're leaving without a viable government in place, there is no way to prevent a Saigon-type moment when the very last people leave. There just isn't.

********. We didn't have to announce when we were leaving, sure people would have figured it out but we could have moved the troops out faster than the Taliban could have advanced. It might not have been perfect but it wouldn't have been the embarrassing chitshow this has been.

Reactions: AM64 and allvol123
And I'm laughing at the fools who are pretending to suddenly care.

Not that I'd have expected you to pick up on that, despite my having to spell it out for you.

Live video of you Trumpers acting like you care about the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan:

704.gif

Let me spell it out for you then.....Biden is a senile fool. This will not be his last epic failure. Just the beginning.

But..but..what's the problem? These people are Radical Islamist Muslims who want to kill all Americans, initiate Sharia Law, and end our way of life. Seems like I remember a few threads about that.
The ones risking life and limb to get out surely aren't. The ones they are running from certainly are.

********. We didn't have to announce when we were leaving, sure people would have figured it out but we could have moved the troops out faster than the Taliban could have advanced. It might not have been perfect but it wouldn't have been the embarrassing chitshow this has been.

One of my first thoughts. This stupid idea of announcing your plans to the world.

Reactions: AM64
I don't know why anyone expected anything different.
I think anyone reasonable expected this would be the end result, it was inevitable. I think the surprise comes in with the rate of decline there, seems like this caught everyone off gaurd.

Duh.

It. Was. Always. Going. To. End. Like. This. By definition. Because their forces couldn't secure a damn thing.

When the government cannot secure a single thing, you're going to have a Saigon photo op involving the very last people who leave. It's impossible not to.

It's a continuation of the same implosion. Who knew one administration could fall so far in half a year.

Just think, it generally took Butch Jones sometime into the third quarter to screw the pooch. Biden hasn't even gotten much into the first quarter.

VN Store

Back