Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
afb081621dAPR20210816064502.jpg

Reactions: AM64
In what regard?

American's wanted out, we're getting out and suddenly everyone's appalled at the sht show that's being left behind.

Monday morning quarterbacking at it's finest.

They are appalled at how poorly the get out, was done.

As usual, you're not, because incompetence would be what you're used to daily.

Reactions: AM64
It's not partisan. This is the America that we are. Both parties.

All politicians say "I will bring our boys home quickly" and you simply can't. "Our Boys" are in Germany and Japan right now, today, in force. People can't open their eyes and talk about this the way it actually is.

Realistically, if you are going to do nation-building, the public needs to enthusiastically support a 1000 year commitment. In that environment, you could probably do a pretty good job in 100.

"Who cares what the world thinks of us" - Every Trumper for the last four years.

Forgive me while I LOL at the sudden change of heart.

Luther cares how the world views/thinks of us plus many more on the left did & those in the media cared when Trump was President. That's all you heard 24/7 was how the world thinks of us from the left. They cried day & night over the perception of what was happening.

In what regard?

American's wanted out, we're getting out and suddenly everyone's appalled at the sht show that's being left behind.

Monday morning quarterbacking at it's finest.

Yeah, i mean just look how smoothly this all went. No way it could have been handled any better, such great leadership and decision making! What are we up to now , 7k troops going in already? Don’t throw your back out carrying all that water for Biden

As long as there was no viable government in place, there was no way to leave and not have it look like this.

Yeah, we could have all civilians and most hardware out, pulled troops into the airport under air cover and said see ya!

We then should have waited until the taliban had occupied our embassy and dropped a couple MOABs on it as a parting gift.

Reactions: AM64 and 615vols
As long as there was no viable government in place, there was no way to leave and not have it look like this.

I feel like a lot of people aren't getting this. There are certain things that could have been done better, but getting the final people out was always going to be messy. Obama didn't do it, Trump didn't do it, and if we are honest with ourselves, they probably knew this is how it would look. Much easier to kick that can down the road instead of answering to the second guessers and military experts every one is today.

Reactions: 05_never_again
What's the word on the thousand-ish Americans that I heard were scattered about the country as Operatives, translators, missionaries, etc?

be messy. Obama didn't do it, Trump didn't do it, and if we are honest with ourselves, they probably knew this is how it would look. Much easier to kick that can down the road instead of answering to the second guessers and military experts

This. However, it could have been handled better. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is the adage that comes to mind.

They are appalled at how poorly the get out, was done.

As usual, you're not, because incompetence would be what you're used to daily.

naNEzNm.gif

Spare me.

Ya'll would have cried no matter what... Sure, it's not a great situation and things could have been handled better but this was going to happen no matter what.

Reactions: Hunerwadel
You'll get crickets on that.

Do you guys really need me to come up with one hypothetical outcome so you can see that it's possible to do this worse? What if one of the families we helped get out didn't get helped in an alternative reality and thus 1 more family suffered? Would that be a worse outcome? Now consider there are infinite potential outcomes.

Do you know how ignorant you have to be to truly believe this is the absolute worst possible outcome?

AnnualYawningLaughingthrush-mobile.jpg

VN Store

Back