Tampa Rays Thread

Dan Jo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Driving home in the traffic jam was worth seeing the face on those Sox fans after getting jobbed again by DJ..

BTW, i would like to add that was some of the worst defensive blunders i have seen out of two players in a 5 minute span. Buchholz throwing to first trying to hold a gimp Pena? Really? Got what you deserved.. Drew making the fancy foul ball catch that lead him to have no play on the sac fly.. Thanks..

Drew making a dumb play is about as shocking as the sun rising in the east.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Desmond Jennings made his MLB debut last night, went hitless but looked good doing it.

That lineup last night was a blast from the past and a look into the future all rolled up into one.

Putting aside speed and pitching i think we showed off one of our most underrated asset last night and that's our deep bench. Crawford gets ejected and his replacement hits the dinger.

Putting aside speed and pitching i think we showed off one of our most underrated asset last night and that's our deep bench. Crawford gets ejected and his replacement hits the dinger.

The bench is underrated.

They are looking to cut payroll into the $50m range next season from the current $72m.

They are looking to cut payroll into the $50m range next season from the current $72m.

Which is sad. Of course attendance is the elephant in the room in this situation, but there's no reason for that drastic of a cut.

Which is sad. Of course attendance is the elephant in the room in this situation, but there's no reason for that drastic of a cut.

Honestly it's warrented, the money Sternberg has put in with renovations to The Trop, taking hits back in 07 and 08 with free parking and bringing in your own food basically giving away tickets to try and get people to come.The payroll increase of the past two years was quite significant but not drastic.Friedman and Sternberg seem to have a sound small market plan, it's not like we are going down the same road as the fire sale Marlins of the 90's. We will still field a very competitive if not even contending team next year.

Honestly it's warrented, the money Sternberg has put in with renovations to The Trop, taking hits back in 07 and 08 with free parking and bringing in your own food basically giving away tickets to try and get people to come.The payroll increase of the past two years was quite significant but not drastic.Friedman and Sternberg seem to have a sound small market plan, it's not like we are going down the same road as the fire sale Marlins of the 90's. We will still field a very competitive if not even contending team next year.

I will take your word on it because you obviously know more on them than I. But I have a hard time seeing a big cut like that not killing the Rays in the long run with the other big money spenders in the east.

I will take your word on it because you obviously know more on them than I. But I have a hard time seeing a big cut like that not killing the Rays in the long run with the other big money spenders in the east.

You have to look at it in the big picture, we will never match the big two in the east even if we sell out every game. We have Longo signed up, Price isnt going anywhere Hellickson is under control for a long time. Basically you are looking at Crawford being the biggest piece leaving, then Soriano which will be tough, but don't forget JP Howell is coming back who absolutely killed in 08 before his injury. Pena is probably gone but this is more of a hit on team leadership then anything.Take away the power and you have a league leader in K's and a low OBP.So you have three players, two of them will be type A's and one type B so that's a big chunk of draft picks to continue the revolving door of farm system talent. If you can't compete with the system sometimes you have to throw away the blueprints and find a new way to compete. I feel alot more secure in this than outspending everyone for one year, roll the dice then burn it to the ground the next.

As long as the core can stay intact then it's feasible. If not, you're looking at a stretch run like the Orioles.

We play 3 out of the 4 worst teams in the AL to finish out the season. We don't win the pennant and home field then we don't WANT it.

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Earned the post-season spot now lets win the division.

Wow, Price and Longo are getting alot of heat for calling out the fans lack of attending games. The truth, but not the right time to delve into that bag of grenades.

Wow, Price and Longo are getting alot of heat for calling out the fans lack of attending games. The truth, but not the right time to delve into that bag of grenades.

If people care enough to whine about what the players say then you'd think some of those losers could go to a few games.

VN Store

Back