TARGET Unveils Pride Collection That Includes LGBT Rainbow Onesies For Newborns

TGT has historically traded at Price Earnings multiple of ~20. During their earnings call (when stock was in low 160s), they disclosed an expected reduction to earnings from shrink of an extra $500M.

500M earnings reduction * 20 PE = $10B (which is what market cap has decreased by since their earnings call). DLTR had similar decrease yesterday for same shrink reason. Maybe Dollar Tree started selling rainbow stickers for coloring books or something...

The middle aged suburban MILFs and Urban shoppers that comprise 95% of their shopping base could care less about the pride protest. This isn't going to be a Bud Light situation...
Bud Light has lost over 19B in six weeks, Target lost 9B in six days. Seems worse based on just the numbers.

Bud Light has lost over 19B in six weeks, Target lost 9B in six days. Seems worse based on just the numbers.

Bud Light's was due to the protest. Target's was largely due to poor Q1 earnings, industry wide retail trends (see Dollar Tree amd Ulta last week) and continued headwinds from shrink for rest of year....

If you see a strong earnings and guidance from another consumer discretionary retailer and Target doesn't rise, then yeah, there's more to it...

Five Below announces earnings on 6/1. That should be an interesting proxy.

Reactions: Majors
TGT has historically traded at Price Earnings multiple of ~20. During their earnings call (when stock was in low 160s), they disclosed an expected reduction to earnings from shrink of an extra $500M
When was the call where they made the disclosure?

TGT has been trending down for a while now, due to the issues you laid out in another post. They were at $181 at the start of February, and then steadily dropped 16% over the next 3 months -

4BC44830-6B3F-480A-A3EF-34D88DE44672.jpeg

They saw a small rebound in the share price from $152 up to $161 through the first part of May, ~6 pt bump.

Something else happened after that. Share price dropped 14% in last 2 weeks.

Does the earnings call coincide with the recent drop?

When was the call where they made the disclosure?

TGT has been trending down for a while now, due to the issues you laid out in another post. They were at $181 at the start of February, and then steadily dropped 16% over the next 3 months -

View attachment 553355

They saw a small rebound in the share price from $152 up to $161 through the first part of May, ~6 pt bump.

Something else happened after that. Share price dropped 14% in last 2 weeks.

Does the earnings call coincide with the recent drop?

Before open on 5/17.

Here is exact wording from press release for shrink.

"As we look ahead, we now expect shrink will reduce this year's profitability by more than $500 million compared with last year. While there are many potential sources of inventory shrink, theft and organized retail crime are increasingly important drivers of the issue."

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Before open on 5/17.

"As we look ahead, we now expect shrink will reduce this year's profitability by more than $500 million compared with last year. While there are many potential sources of inventory shrink, theft and organized retail crime are increasingly important drivers of the issue."
Well that lines up exactly with the recent 14 pt drop.

Bud Light's was due to the protest. Target's was largely due to poor Q1 earnings, industry wide retail trends (see Dollar Tree amd Ulta last week) and continued headwinds from shrink for rest of year....

If you see a strong earnings and guidance from another consumer discretionary retailer and Target doesn't rise, then yeah, there's more to it...

Five Below announces earnings on 6/1. That should be an interesting proxy.
Bad timing by Target…read the room if the poor Q1 report (which my view is part of it) and watched Bud Light get the backlash you might hold off on the pride rollout. Big corporations are all about the shareholder over the cause.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Before open on 5/17.

On an unrelated note - I love the recent push to classify en masse smash and grab as “organized retail crime”.

I think a big part of the problem is the conflating of traditional Pride with the current full-court Trans press.

“Gay” and “Trans” are two very different things. And right now “Gay” is getting unfairly dragged with “Trans”.

Trans people have been included in “LGBT” for 25+ years now. Nothing about that is new except for the outrage.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Trans people have been included in “LGBT” for 25+ years now. Nothing about that is new except for the outrage.
That’s true.

What’s “new” is the major Trans push we are currently seeing. And yes, the outrage that has accompanied it.

But Gay and Trans are fundamentally different beliefs. And like it or not, Gay is getting taken along for the ride right now.

Bad timing by Target…read the room if the poor Q1 report (which my view is part of it) and watched Bud Light get the backlash you might hold off on the pride rollout. Big corporations are all about the shareholder over the cause.

After BudLight, Target should have understood the specifics of each market and tailored their Pride outreach instead of a one size fits all approach.

If I go to Home Depot in early March, there shouldn't be as many plants in Duluth, MN as compared to Miami FL. Completely different markets...

Reactions: tbwhhs and Majors
After BudLight, Target should have understood the specifics of each market and tailored their Pride outreach instead of a one size fits all approach.

If I go to Home Depot in early March, there shouldn't be as many plants in Duluth, MN as compared to Miami FL. Completely different markets...
Agree with that. Know your audience/market.

Target is not Bud Light.

Bud Light traffics a commodity, and it’s success is predicated on messaging and brand loyalty. Whoops.

Target not so much. But yea, read the room.

Sorry, dudes winning championships against women in NCAA isn’t new. And should be cause for outrage.

Last edited:
I think a big part of the problem is the conflating of traditional Pride with the current full-court Trans press.

“Gay” and “Trans” are two very different things. And right now “Gay” is getting unfairly dragged with “Trans”.

You guys talk like there is a gay agenda to make your kids gay when it's just straight white males (probably) trying to sell fkn rainbows. It's getting nutty on your side.

The appearance of a full court press is conspiracy loons connecting dots that don't connect. Occam's razor....people like $. It's so simple

You guys talk like there is a gay agenda to make your kids gay when it's just straight white males (probably) trying to sell fkn rainbows. It's getting nutty on your side.

The appearance of a full court press is conspiracy loons connecting dots that don't connect. Occam's razor....people like $. It's so simple
Find me posting anywhere about a gay agenda, or turning kids gay.

You literally bolded a section where I specifically said Trans. In a post where I specifically call out that Gay is being unfairly dragged along with Trans.

You’re usually better than this.

Reactions: VolStrom
Imagine if this were RuPaul's doll selling at target. "Full court press" from the straight Groomers, am I right?

FB_IMG_1685224907865.jpg

Find me posting anywhere about a gay agenda, or turning kids gay.

You literally bolded a section where I specifically said Trans. In a post where I specifically call out that Gay is being unfairly dragged along with Trans.

You’re usually better than this.

Any tactic is acceptable in the service of progressive ideology.

‘Boycott Target’ Song Racks Up Millions Of Views, Takes Off On iTunes

Screenshot-2023-05-27-at-10.24.34-AM.png

A pro-Trump rap group’s single, titled “Boycott Target,” has exploded online, racking up nearly three million views and climbing to number #6 on the iTunes Charts.

Forgiato Blow, Jimmy Levy, Nick Nittoli, and Stoney Dudebro created the hit song, boasting lyrics about retail giant Target “targeting” your children with Satanic and sexualized goods.

“There’s a cleanup on every aisle/Target is targetin’ your kids,” the song’s lyrics open. “This agenda’s gotta stop, they know we gonna win.”

‘Boycott Target’ Song Racks Up Millions Of Views, Takes Off On iTunes | The Daily Wire

Reactions: Sgt_Nick_Fury

VN Store

Back