TARGET Unveils Pride Collection That Includes LGBT Rainbow Onesies For Newborns

Kids are by definition “fluid”

Music, food, clothes, friends.

Their preference and perception with regards to sexuality and gender is likely no different. And that’s fine IMO.

Just because they “are” today, doesn’t mean they will be tomorrow. And if tomorrow they still are, they are.

You don’t lock in changes based on a child’s feelings today. That’s all I’m saying.
Actually, we encourage kids to "lock in" their religious choices very early. We encourage them to lock in gender choices also from birth. We encourage all manner of what we see as "good choices" from eating habits to hygiene to be as permanent as possible.

My issue in all this is that parenting matters. A LOT. What we encourage matters.

Actually, we encourage kids to "lock in" their religious choices very early. We encourage them to lock in gender choices also from birth. We encourage all manner of what we see as "good choices" from eating habits to hygiene to be as permanent as possible.

My issue in all this is that parenting matters. A LOT. What we encourage matters.
I understand your point.

But just because you were raised Catholic it doesn’t mean you have to be Catholic when you grow up.
Just because you were forced to bathe and eat broccoli as child it doesn’t mean you have to when you grow up.

Parents matter. Parenting is key.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
If you did your thorough research, I think you'd realize that there are very few places to spend your money.
It's more about avoiding these places while they choose to display this sort of thing. I'll admit you can't actually boycott Pride supporting businesses because it's pervasive now, but I CAN choose not to visit while the displays are visible.

It's not some kind of protest. That's pointless. It's what you choose to willfully expose your family to at any given moment.

All of us would steer our family away from a fight or a bunch of cussing going on in a public business. "We'll come back later......" because there's no need for them to see that crap.

It's the same.

It's more about avoiding these places while they choose to display this sort of thing. I'll admit you can't actually boycott Pride supporting businesses because it's pervasive now, but I CAN choose not to visit while the displays are visible.

It's not some kind of protest. That's pointless. It's what you choose to willfully expose your family to at any given moment.

All of us would steer our family away from a fight or a bunch of cussing going on in a public business. "We'll come back later......" because there's no need for them to see that crap.

It's the same.

But you said you prefer to spend your money at places that share your values.

Do you think Cracker Barrel thinks gays folks are icky 7/1-5/31?

I understand your point.

But just because you were raised Catholic it doesn’t mean you have to be Catholic when you grow up.
Just because you were forced to bathe and eat broccoli as child it doesn’t mean you have to when you grow up.

Parents matter. Parenting is key.
Somewhere there's a former Navy SEAL, I think it was, who was male...... then "transitioned" complete with surgery..... and now wants to "detransition."
Nothing is permanent, apparently, with enough surgery. Craziness, but that's reality.

Parents encourage, deny, pick and choose lots of things for kids and we don't blink. The Duggars are once again in the news and cults are everywhere and it's perfectly acceptable to train up your child religiously in abhorrent, hate filled churches.

I'm not sure society will keep parents from making ridiculous gender choices (both toxic OVER emphasizing gender roles AND emphasizing that "fluid" is entirely acceptable) because America is what it is.

Socially, we have no backbone.

But you said you prefer to spend your money at places that share your values.

Do you think Cracker Barrel thinks gays folks are icky 7/1-5/31?
I don't really care what Cracker Barrel "thinks" and I'm certain whatever they display is based upon the dollar, not some kind of morality push one way or the other.

It's a personal thing of what you expose your family to, what you'll tolerate around you at any given moment.

It's pointless to be a "social justice warrior in reverse" but it's not pointless to look out for what you show your kids.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Yes, I did. I support gay rights because that's the current interpretation of the Constitution by the Supreme Court. I believe in the rule of law and the court system, even when I disagree with the laws.

It sounds as though you disagree the current state of the law and given your druthers would give gays none of those rights... is that accurate?

It sounds as though you disagree the current state of the law and given your druthers would give gays none of those rights... is that accurate?
Why is my personal viewpoint an issue for you? I'm not grilling you for yours nor am I interested.

I'm not currently running for office so why is it your concern?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I'll remind you that Obergefell v Hodges was decided by a 5-4 Supreme Court decision.

Does that mean 4 Supreme Court Justices are somehow "anti gay" or that they disagree about the interpretation of the 14th Amendment. I'll give you a hint..... it's the latter.

I don't really care what Cracker Barrel "thinks" and I'm certain whatever they display is based upon the dollar, not some kind of morality push one way or the other.

It's a personal thing of what you expose your family to, what you'll tolerate around you at any given moment.

It's pointless to be a "social justice warrior in reverse" but it's not pointless to look out for what you show your kids.

What are acceptable rocking chair colors in your household?

You have guys in here that made the choice to not have kids, weighing in on what is best for kids. Understand that when assessing some of these replies.
Eh…
That’s a factual statement.

Neither of us have a uterus. But we both have views on Abortion. And our views and opinions shouldn’t be nullified. Jmo.

If your child isn’t old enough to buy a beer or vape or gun legally then odds are they aren’t old enough to decide what gender they want they to be for life yet. I’ll support anyone at age 21 who decided to be any gender they want but not until they reach that age.

Eh…
That’s a factual statement.

Neither of us have a uterus. But we both have views on Abortion. And our views and opinions shouldn’t be nullified. Jmo.
Besides, apparently in America not having a uterus isn't a "deal breaker" for someone to identify as a female.

But sure, our moral compass as a nation is just as good as it ever was. SMH.

VN Store

Back