TARGET Unveils Pride Collection That Includes LGBT Rainbow Onesies For Newborns

Mainstreaming is what breeds acceptance.

Do I think gays are going to "take over?" I don't.
Do I think the lifestyle needs supporting? I don't.

And you?

I generally think it is the height of cringe for corporations to wade into the waters of pandering and validating groups of people. But this one is pretty innocuous. They aren't trying to make a big gay deal out of it. It doesn't target kids. This one is a nothing burger.

I don't have a problem with you voicing your opinion at all. I think your opinion is small minded, but I support your right to give voice to that opinion in any legal manner.
It's not legal for me. I vote with my wallet, as I believe we all should. Unfortunately, "the lifestyle" has become so ingrained that "pride" has become normal.

I'm not advocating locking up consenting gay adults or shuttering gay bars or anything like that but I'm aware that mainstreaming a behavior leads to acceptance by society. It's that simple.

As is my right, I prefer to spend my money at places that share my values. You have a problem with that?

I haven't dug into it but I'm going to guess that you'll have a hard time finding a publicly traded company in the retail or hospitality business that doesn't have some kind of pride acknowledgment on their website.

I haven't dug into it but I'm going to guess that you'll have a hard time finding a publicly traded company in the retail or hospitality business that doesn't have some kind of pride acknowledgment on their website.
This is exactly my point. This IS acceptance by society.

So do you think a gay lifestyle should be accepted? Or celebrated in any way?

By saying...... "it's not that bad and everyone does it" you're admitting acceptance.

It's not legal for me. I vote with my wallet, as I believe we all should. Unfortunately, "the lifestyle" has become so ingrained that "pride" has become normal.

I'm not advocating locking up consenting gay adults or shuttering gay bars or anything like that but I'm aware that mainstreaming a behavior leads to acceptance by society. It's that simple.

Explain why it’s not legal for you to voice your opinion

I generally think it is the height of cringe for corporations to wade into the waters of pandering and validating groups of people. But this one is pretty innocuous. They aren't trying to make a big gay deal out of it. It doesn't target kids. This one is a nothing burger.
This is exactly what mainstreams a behavior. "It's not that bad"...... "it's innocuous"...... "it's not targeted at kids."

I guess you think kids don't see things celebrated or acknowledged by society and think... "that's an acceptable option, I guess."

You don't know much about kids.

This is exactly what mainstreams a behavior. "It's not that bad"...... "it's innocuous"...... "it's not targeted at kids."

I guess you think kids don't see things celebrated or acknowledged by society and think... "that's an acceptable option, I guess."

You don't know much about kids.

I am fairly certain straight boys aren't going to start chugging c**ks just because Cracker Barrel shared a post of a rainbow rocking chair. The trans issue is different and has obvious earmarks of social contagion. That's why I am adamant in opposition to their inclusion into the pride society and adamantly opposed to corporations who target children with trans marketing.

By saying...... "it's not that bad and everyone does it" you're admitting acceptance.

Accepted? I don't think anyone should be forced to accept things they disagree with and if a person doesn't want to accept homosexuals fine. Same with celebrating the lifestyle, don't participate if you disagree with it.

I understand why a lot of companies "check the box" that's not saying I agree or disagree with them doing so. I'm not going to boycott a brand just because they acknowledge pride month.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
It's not a legal issue. It shouldn't be. It's a social issue, not a legal issue. That's what I mean.

So, you don't believe that gay couples should have the right to get married, make life care decisions, and get tax benefits etc in the same manner that straight couples can?

Not to push this issue into religion but to illustrate my point of view, the United Methodist Church is splitting in a messy way over gay marriage and ordaining gay clergy.

For years, Methodists "tolerated" that some churches were accepting gay marriage and some clergy were openly gay...... but "it isn't that bad" and "it's only a few churches."

It took root. It found its way into the council. It gained acceptance. It became more and more normal because it wasn't dealt with, those radical churches were just accepted until they weren't radical anymore.

And the denomination is now in chaos.

So if the acceptance has already happened (for decades now), what is your plan? Boycott every corporation that acknowledges Pride (i.e. all of them) until you never see a rainbow again? Good luck

So, you don't believe that gay couples should have the right to get married, make life care decisions, and get tax benefits etc in the same manner that straight couples can?
According to the current interpretation of the Constitution, gay folks have the same rights as anyone else. I believe in the system and I believe the interpretation of the Constitution changes with the people....... and that has proven to be a good thing and a bad thing over time. America isn't static. I support that.

So if the acceptance has already happened (for decades now), what is your plan? Boycott every corporation that acknowledges Pride (i.e. all of them) until you never see a rainbow again? Good luck
My personal plan is to acknowledge that it isn't "innocuous" and that the kids are watching what we support.

It's not me. I'm old. It's my grands who see me saying..... "it ain't that bad and all companies have to do that."

According to the current interpretation of the Constitution, gay folks have the same rights as anyone else. I believe in the system and I believe the interpretation of the Constitution changes with the people....... and that has proven to be a good thing and a bad thing over time. America isn't static. I support that.

You did not really answer my question.

Reactions: NashVol11
I believe gay couples absolutely should have the right to marry and enjoy the tax benefits that straight couples do. They should be able to adopt, and buy homes, and go to church if they choose - all of it.

Do you believe questioning aspects of Trans is an attack on the right of gay couples to marry, gay people, and Gay Pride in general?

I am fairly certain straight boys aren't going to start chugging c**ks just because Cracker Barrel shared a post of a rainbow rocking chair. The trans issue is different and has obvious earmarks of social contagion. That's why I am adamant in opposition to their inclusion into the pride society and adamantly opposed to corporations who target children with trans marketing.
No one is "turned gay" by the rainbow but we see lots of people who are bi or something called "bi curious" and probably designations I haven't seen.

It's pretty silly to think that parenting is VERY important in encouraging kids to excel in education, stay off the streets, stay away from drugs, etc....... and not important when you're leading them past "Pride" displays or taking them to a church that is okay with a gay pastor.

Where you take them shapes their view of normal and not normal..... of things they accept and don't accept...... of things they tolerate and don't tolerate in their life, their church, etc.

I believe gay couples absolutely should have the right to marry and enjoy the tax benefits that straight couples do. They should be able to adopt, and buy homes, and go to church if they choose - all of it.

Do you believe questioning aspects of Trans is an attack on the right of gay couples to marry, gay people, and Gay Pride in general?
Do you believe trans people should have the same rights as straight people to marry, adopt, etc?

Do you believe trans people should have the same rights as straight people to marry, adopt, etc?
Yes. Trans people are people.

They should be allowed to marry - just like cisgender people.
I don’t know what hurdles you have to clear to adopt - but they should be the same as the hurdles for cisgender people.

Trans people should be allowed to live their lives un-harassed and un-molested. Just like the rest of us.
Trans people should not be afforded special treatment and privileges. Just like the rest of us.

Yes. Trans people are people.

They should be allowed to marry - just like cisgender people.
I don’t know what hurdles you have to clear to adopt - but they should be the same as the hurdles for cisgender people.

Trans people should be allowed to live their lives un-harassed and un-molested. Just like the rest of us.
Trans people should not be afforded special treatment and privileges. Just like the rest of us.
I think the literal jury is still out on full trans rights, particularly when it comes to kids.

And personally, I know a child with what I think is true gender dysphoria and has always identified as the other gender despite biology since they were a toddler. As they are now in double digits and still holding to this belief despite secondary sex characteristics kicking in, it's heartbreaking to watch their struggle and the struggle of their parents. It's a social nightmare for them which will only get worse and I've no idea about the depth of the psychological issues. I have no good ideas for resolution for this child. I am perplexed at what to say to the kid's simple belief that "God got it wrong with me." I can't accept that but something is definitely different about how the kid is wired.

That said, true gender dysphoria is pretty rare, I think. Trans as a trendy "thing to be" isn't a good look for society.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I think the literal jury is still out on full trans rights, particularly when it comes to kids.

And personally, I know a child with what I think is true gender dysphoria and has always identified as the other gender despite biology since they were a toddler. As they are now in double digits and still holding to this belief despite secondary sex characteristics kicking in, it's heartbreaking to watch their struggle and the struggle of their parents. It's a social nightmare for them which will only get worse and I've no idea about the depth of the psychological issues. I have no good ideas for resolution for this child. I am perplexed at what to say to the kid's simple belief that "God got it wrong with me." I can't accept that but something is definitely different about how the kid is wired.

That said, true gender dysphoria is pretty rare, I think. Trans as a trendy "thing to be" isn't a good look for society.
Kids are by definition “fluid”

Music, food, clothes, friends.

Their preference and perception with regards to sexuality and gender is likely no different. And that’s fine IMO.

Just because they “are” today, doesn’t mean they will be tomorrow. And if tomorrow they still are, they are.

You don’t lock in changes based on a child’s feelings today. That’s all I’m saying.

Not necessarily, I am really torn on the whole idea of minors getting any sort of elective surgery that alters appearance (even breast augmentation). I am for parental autonomy, but I view it similarly to refusing medical care based upon religious beliefs.

VN Store

Back