Team Issue…

No continuity between the players. All the injuries just destroyed that. OL is a mash unit. So is the defensive back field. All the linebackers are injured. We lost the core of the WR core. We were close when we played Kentucky and then it all came apart. Vandy is not a given. Josh did a great job last year getting all the players in synch but they have never come together this year. They still look like it's the first week of spring ball.

Everyone can say Milton is the problem but both the offense and defense is clearly lacking confidence.

There’s no heart, no fight, no energy surrounding this team.

Is there a distraction going on? Who knows but something is definitely not right with this staff that just won 11 games last year.
They lack confidence because they know the QB will NOT lead them to the win. They're already defeated before we take the field. Joe instills ZERO confidence in his teammates.

Transfer portal transfer portal transfer portal. We better capitalize this year.

Last year we had a great amount of talent amongst the starters and no depth. This year we have less talent, more injuries, less depth. Is what it is.

Reactions: Dormandy Fan
Transfer portal transfer portal transfer portal. We better capitalize this year.

Last year we had a great amount of talent amongst the starters and no depth. This year we have less talent, more injuries, less depth. Is what it is.
We need to recruit any other player who is an upgrade vs our backups. Literally we need 20+ guys.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
Everyone can say Milton is the problem but both the offense and defense is clearly lacking confidence.

Is there a distraction going on? Who knows but something is definitely not right with this staff that just won 11 games last year.

man, I think this goes back to the first of the year. With the exception of the Kentucky game? There not a team swagger or identity. No leader. We need an Al Wilson (I know that's beat to death but true)

No joke, I hope the stank of getting humiliated back to back on national TV doesn't bleed over into next year. I don't see how anyone recovers from this. Feel really bad for this team!

Because in those 2 games we've scored 17 combined points. The defense is getting absolutely gassed every game because we can't pick up first downs. It's not rocket science.
Josh Dobbs

Rocket Science you say?

I can't help but feel bad for our guys. It's easy to forget they are just college kids who happen to play football. I listened to Squirrel White after the game and his disappointment in himself was evident in his voice. I wish I could tell him that 5 years from now, today won't even matter.

Playing against teams that are a lot more talented, stronger, and faster than you will make you look timid and soft. Vols are in the same boat as everyone else: they are not as talented as Georgia. Not even close. When UGA is focused, they will make you look bad. Tennessee gets the Dogs best effort every year. This team, especially with the injuries, is not able to compete with them.

Losses from last year and injuries this year have surely hurt this team but I cannot excuse 3 **** sandwiches in year number 3 of this coaching staff. I am not discounting the hill to climb that Heupel had when he got here but this season has been a clear regression. All due respect to Nico but he alone will not make this team into a contender. There are many flaws to fix and Heupel needs to get to fixing.

Joe has none of those things you described…and he’s the leader of the OF

Reactions: cgrish

Been saying this for a while. There’s a lack of motivation or something going on with the team chemistry. As much I want to harp on Joe, it’s bigger than that. The issue is systemic and while I believe in Heupel, I’m not encouraged with his response to adversity this season. Sticking with the same old vanilla, handcuffed B.S. is concerning.

Playing against teams that are a lot more talented, stronger, and faster than you will make you look timid and soft. Vols are in the same boat as everyone else: they are not as talented as Georgia. Not even close. When UGA is focused, they will make you look bad. Tennessee gets the Dogs best effort every year. This team, especially with the injuries, is not able to compete with them.
Come on man. It was an 8.5 point spread, at home. No business losing like they did today. And when you look at UF and Missouri as well, it’s a problem. This wasn’t an isolated incident, but instead a common theme to a season where we beat absolutely no one worth a damn.

Reactions: Tnphil

VN Store

Back