Team Issue…

There's no grassy knoll here. This is a talent issue pure and simple. We don't have the athletes or the numbers to run competitively with the likes of UGA.
How about with the likes of Missouri or a 5-5 Florida team. Talent is not our biggest issue. Maybe at a depleted db position, and surely lack of talent at qb. But overall talent NO

Reactions: RangerVol
You don't think all the 3 and outs with limited depth have anything to do with that?
So dumb…. Milton has nothing to do with our defense sucking. The fact that Herring is the slowest lb in the conference along with the fact that we have the worst db’s (outside of vandy) in the conference tend to handicap our defense.

There's no grassy knoll here. This is a talent issue pure and simple. We don't have the athletes or the numbers to run competitively with the likes of UGA.
But we did Bama. Georgia is new money but Bama is old deep money in the talent world. And why? Not like we can't just buy it now...

I saw the team swarm around NI when he threw that TD against UConn. Told me all I needed to know. Not saying the results would have been different. That and the TOP issue when not winning stand out.

The team has to believe in the quarterback that’s the bottom line. It takes a confident tough minded fast processing great instinct good passing quarterback to play in the sec. Heupel now has 2 talented young quarterbacks for the future and maybe maybe a 3rd soon. Hopefully the days of not having a truly functional quarterback are coming to a end. GBO

Everyone can say Milton is the problem but both the offense and defense is clearly lacking confidence.

There’s no heart, no fight, no energy surrounding this team.

Is there a distraction going on? Who knows but something is definitely not right with this staff that just won 11 games last year.
Agreed. Something seemed off all year.
Cough** esp when u almost lose to Austin Peay..
Should've been 72-0

Reactions: vols 30
Because in those 2 games we've scored 17 combined points. The defense is getting absolutely gassed every game because we can't pick up first downs. It's not rocket science.
And the defense can't get off the field on 3rd down...,It goes both way.

You don't think all the 3 and outs with limited depth have anything to do with that?
Up 7-3, 3 and out
Down 10-7, 3 and out
Down 10-7 still, then 6 and out
Down 17-7, 5 and out.

I know the defense allowed scores on 5/6 UGA first half possessions, but the offense definitely isn’t helping any with such little production.

Everyone can say Milton is the problem but both the offense and defense is clearly lacking confidence.

There’s no heart, no fight, no energy surrounding this team.

Is there a distraction going on? Who knows but something is definitely not right with this staff that just won 11 games last year.
Unfortunately, a team takes on the personality of its coach. No leadership from within the team is a problem too. We have NO DOGS! They sit on the sidelines and laugh it up while getting EMBARRASSED!!! They have no pride in the T or themselves as competitors.

Because in those 2 games we've scored 17 combined points. The defense is getting absolutely gassed every game because we can't pick up first downs. It's not rocket science.
The offense isnt helping but They’re getting gassed because they can’t make a stop

We grab up Michigan's scraps w Milton. They didn't want him...then Heupel himself benches him for Hooker. Then after a season where we were ranked #1 for a bit and ended season strong by whipping Clemson( i realize Milton played that game)...a season that rejuvenated the program and made it relevant on national level we go back to Milton...and take a significant step back. Heupel knows himself Milton is subpar. The out of bounds run vs ole miss is a stain that will never go away. I knew going back to Milton was a huge mistake...why didn't Heupel know it? This to me was a throwaway year. Great programs don't have those. He was dumped by Michigan...dumped by his new team and yet you go back to him? Season was doomed from the start.

"Milton is 6'5 240 lbs" announcers keep repeating as if it makes him good. So friggin what. Abner Gumstruckle from Upper Dakota School of Theology is too. SO WHAT? My Heupel buzz is dying but I am not saying fire him...but this Milton stuff is concerning in regards to Heupel.

We grab up Michigan's scraps w Milton. They didn't want him...then Heupel himself benches him for Hooker. Then after a season where we were ranked #1 for a bit and ended season strong by whipping Clemson( i realize Milton played that game)...a season that rejuvenated the program and made it relevant on national level we go back to Milton...and take a significant step back. Heupel knows himself Milton is subpar. The out of bounds run vs ole miss is a stain that will never go away. I knew going back to Milton was a huge mistake...why didn't Heupel know it? This to me was a throwaway year. Great programs don't have those. He was dumped by Michigan...dumped by his new team and yet you go back to him? Season was doomed from the start.
You are partially correct. Heupel did not bench Milton for Hooker. Milton was injured and Heuple was called on to play. It turns out, Hooker played so well, Milton was unable to get back on the field. Sometimes I think that Milton had it so easy when he was learning to play the game, he never had to pt in the extra effort to win. In college, the Big Ten and there SEC, he just can not dig deep enough to put out the extra effort.

VN Store

Back