Team Issue…

Everyone can say Milton is the problem but both the offense and defense is clearly lacking confidence.

There’s no heart, no fight, no energy surrounding this team.

Is there a distraction going on? Who knows but something is definitely not right with this staff that just won 11 games last year.
The best theory I’ve heard is the players think Nico is the better QB and are frustrated that he isn’t playing.

That’s still no excuse for mailing it in though.

Milton's lack of performance combined with his poor leadership is obviously part of the problem, but I would fall short of saying its the biggest problem. When Bru McCoy went down early, I knew we would miss his leadership on offense.

Playing a team like GA obviously exposes the fact that we're not anywhere close this season to being physically and mentally tough enough to compete with them. Coaches deserve criticism for this. Coaches also deserve criticism for terrible effort on defense. I actually think it's fair game to criticize the fact we don't seem to have a better option ready to play at QB.

With all that said, we're miles ahead of where we were 3 years ago. We need an elite QB and much better players on the back end of the defensive to get to where we really need to be from a personnel standpoint.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Because in those 2 games we've scored 17 combined points. The defense is getting absolutely gassed every game because we can't pick up first downs. It's not rocket science.

The secondary gets picked apart long before they have the opportunity to get gassed. The secondary is awful. Run D has been consistently sound start to finish. Can’t blame that on the offense.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Dude they are as thin as a lamb skin condom at about every position.
Nah this ex use is all played out. We’ve been fairly consistent at 15ish recruiting classes. The gap from say 7 or 8 to 15 is just decided by a player or two. At some point you have to win ball games and stop making excuses. We aren’t even competing.

QB play is terrible. He just does not have it between the ears. Coach is not giving the players the best chance to succeed. Not necessarily win but improve the team. We have not gotten better this year. Defense will never be elite because elite players will not want to play like this. I believe this coach wants to make us better but…. If Milton is the starter next week, it tells me he is not a winner mentality coach.

I don't see a problem with the team laying down, cause late in the game our defense ( DL---not the secondary ) was still giving it their all like they did the whole game. I don't think our talent is that much lower that other teams. I see this as a coach not having good practice during the week, not showing any new plays ever, and every week our coaches don't adjust during the game.

Surly the problem can’t be the 100mph fast ball on 5 yard slants, or overthrowing a wide open receiver if he even is able to see the guy wide open!! Or how about when he does see the guy and doesn’t overthrow him but instead underthrows the ball five yard!!

So why has the defense been non existence two games in a row?

If the offense were doing better, the defense would do better. And if the defense were doing better, the offense would do better.

For whatever reason the defense looks pretty good until 3rd down, but then they just can't get off the field.

The offense gets on the field, can't convert on third down, and usually goes three and out. Can't stay on the field.

Fix third down and you might fix this team.

Nah this ex use is all played out. We’ve been fairly consistent at 15ish recruiting classes. The gap from say 7 or 8 to 15 is just decided by a player or two. At some point you have to win ball games and stop making excuses. We aren’t even competing.
Do you remember how many players left when Pruitt got fired?

Everyone can say Milton is the problem but both the offense and defense is clearly lacking confidence.

There’s no heart, no fight, no energy surrounding this team.

Is there a distraction going on? Who knows but something is definitely not right with this staff that just won 11 games last year.

There's zero Leadership!

Reactions: Tnslim1
Why fight when coach won’t make a QB change for the betterment of the team? There’s zero chance the locker room still wants Joe out there lol
Definitely doesn't help their draft stock any.

There's no grassy knoll here. This is a talent issue pure and simple. We don't have the athletes or the numbers to run competitively with the likes of UGA.
Yes, we don’t have the talent…BUT Mizzou doesn’t have the talent we have and was able to whoop us and play GA tight in Athens. Talent is part of our problem but there is a red flag somewhere with this team/program that needs to be identified and addressed immediately. We are not competitive against teams of equal/lessor talent, or against teams of greater talent at home. That screams of a larger issue. Coaching? Internal turmoil? It’s not just talent.

Reactions: mpfvol
Not having Bru has killed us. The team does not have anyone that can block on the outside without holding. Receivers can not turn up field at all on the quick throws to the sideline. Get tackled with no gain to a couple of yards.

Georgia was holding on about every significant gain they had. Only once we’re they flagged. #1 was not called on 2 or 3 holds against our corners. Bowers holds a lot too. There were at least two if not three pass interference calls they never got flagged. Our wiped out interception was really tight coverage and we got flagged. That’s fine as long as it gets called both ways. I am so sick of Alabama and Georgia never getting flagged. Enough is enough. There was enough no calls that would have allowed our defense to get off the field.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Josh Dobbs

Rocket Science you say?

Maybe things will improve when he is our AD.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

VN Store

Back