Teams reaction to new smokey uniform this morning

Well, when the University says "We are orange. Orange is us....Orange is vibrant. Orange is energetic. Orange commandant attention, on the field or in the board room. Orange leaves an impression" that gives the impression that orange needs to be seen as much as possible and be the center of attention. It says that white and Smokey need to "accent and support it." That does not imply making it the dominant color of the home jerseys.

Our Palette | The University of Tennessee, Knoxville

I'm not against an alternate by any means, but it needs to be dominately orange. Change the numbers to Smokey, change the style like he did on the orange and white jerseys, great. All for it. But as an alum, we are orange.

It just isn't worth even arguing about. It's one game, possibly more games in future years. NOTHING has been taken away from UTs tradition.

If they were talking about changing the home uniforms to smokey for a season or more, than I would probably be upset too. But we're talking about one time, or occasional use.

Just silly to even get upset about it. Some people can't just enjoy anything without finding some reason to complain or bicker.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok, well, then for that one game we wear the gray uniform, let's not paint checkerboards in the endzones, let's not play Rocky Top either. I mean, we didn't play them then, let's not use them now. What would you think if Rocky Top was not played at all for "just one game a year"? It's not an official song or anything, so it can be easily.disposed, right?

Still at it I see... How far are you gonna reach???

Ill help you so you will shut up..

We will wear the new uniforms for one game..
No rocky top
No running threw the T
No tv
Only 400 fans can watch but not bring camaras or phones or any modern day luxuries
We can't throw the ball
No power t on the helmet
Leather helmet
Cheerleaders can't show their legs
Cheerleaders can't shave their legs
None of our black players can participate

Am I missing something?

Reactions: 1 person
The uniform matches the hair of most of the fans complaining. You think they would be excited. Maybe they should do a Million Blue Hair march on the Hill.

VN Store

Back