Tebow is on a mission from God (merged)

Seems we had so many threads about him last year, it would suit me fine not to see his name on this board again, nor his big head, or his boyfriend.

So don't make a thread with his name. Vola, one less to worry about.

I thought you left. Could help to come back huh? yeah, this places does that!

Welcome back :hi:

talk about lack of respect for fellow man. The New Testament is littered with scriptures telling us to spread the gospel, all stemming from the teachings of Jesus. Not only are the four books of the gospel part of my Bible (and just about all Christians), but so are Acts, Romans, the Pauline epistles, the letters from Peter and so forth.
I think that Christians should put more stock in the Gospels and the direct actions of Christ than all of Paul's writings and other auxilliary books. Remember, Jesus himself was a huge reformer within the rigid confines of a corrupt, Roman-controlled Israel.

But then again, I'm free to think outside the box because I'm not a member of the faith. :p And I do realize that challenging Paul's assumptions is challenging the cornerstone of the modern Christian church.

Reform and questioning are good, though, IMO.

i don't see how you can live your life based on book that was written 2000 years ago. and some of it before then.

i use it as more of a guide than i do a literal translation.

I can see it a whole lot easier than something 50 years old like Scientology. I can see God wanting to reveal Himself to the people He created at the time He created them and moving forward from there.

I can see it a whole lot easier than something 50 years old like Scientology. I can see God wanting to reveal Himself to the people He created at the time He created them and moving forward from there.

at one point Christianity was only 50yo too. Many of its early followers were persecuted for believing in it. Sounds a whole lot like that 'doomed to repeat history' thing to me.

I think that was the subtext, don't you?

Nope, I think a lot of us here are tired of the insane amount of Tebow slurping that goes on, or the sheer number of threads started by our fellow Vols fans about him. He is a great college player, no doubt, but he isn't Jesus.

Nope, I think a lot of us here are tired of the insane amount of Tebow slurping that goes on, or the sheer number of threads started by our fellow Vols fans about him. He is a great college player, no doubt, but he isn't Jesus.

Exactly.

I think that Christians should put more stock in the Gospels and the direct actions of Christ than all of Paul's writings and other auxilliary books. Remember, Jesus himself was a huge reformer within the rigid confines of a corrupt, Roman-controlled Israel.

But then again, I'm free to think outside the box because I'm not a member of the faith. :p And I do realize that challenging Paul's assumptions is challenging the cornerstone of the modern Christian church.

Reform and questioning are good, though, IMO.

I do. But Jesus himself tells us to spread the word and that's what Tebow was doing and that's what I try to do. I don't go out of my way to visit places I've never been, but I don't hide my faith or beliefs from anyone.

I don't understand how this is possible.

it's simple. Just because someone is a Florida fan doesn't mean you can hold a bias against him. Just because someone is a murderer doesn't mean you can hold a bias against him. They're still people. In the murderer's case, yes he should be punished both here on earth and in Heaven, but you can't hate the man for his actions.

it's simple. Just because someone is a Florida fan doesn't mean you can hold a bias against him. Just because someone is a murderer doesn't mean you can hold a bias against him. They're still people. In the murderer's case, yes he should be punished both here on earth and in Heaven, but you can't hate the man for his actions.

Whereas Florida fans are rewarded here on Earth in the form of drubbing their rivals, fine bourbon, beautiful women, and perfectly seasoned chicken wings.

Whereas Florida fans are rewarded here on Earth in the form of drubbing their rivals, fine bourbon, beautiful women, and perfectly seasoned chicken wings.

And on the 8th day, God created the mullet and jorts so that those with a false sense of accomplishment could be easily identified.

VN Store

Back