Ten Thoughts (The Austin Peay Postgame Report)

You guys have brought up some great points. My main concern was Worley throwing behind his receivers and they had to hit the ground to make the catch.

Love the no penalties and one other thing I loved....did you guys see Maggitt on the sidelines? That dude was pumped up the whole time and kept getting the team pumped. True leader and I can't wait to see that energy back on the field.

Reactions: 2 people
you can see why people have such high hopes with Ferg/Dobbs in this offense...will be fun to watch for sure

I like a lot of what I saw. The big thing that I got from this game: Discipline

Oh & Malik Foreman was a STEAL of a recruit. That kid will be a good player.

Reactions: 3 people
by driving their bodies forward off their back foot and then following through to the front. The question is, is your body moving forward or falling backward in that Jay Cutler way that some big-armed guys can get away with but is the opposite of textbook passing technique.

You got a point. Time will tell, I hope you're right on the latter.

I'm very pleased with the penalty situation and the O-Line's push in the first half. But I hope we haven't seen the QB we finish with yet.

Poor Worley, he was 11-13 for 104 yds in one half and you want him bench...granted we need to see him against a real team but still

1. The offense is going to be fine over time. Worley will develop chemistry with a couple receivers. His release is quicker and high positioned with passes being fast enough. Has always thrown touch passes well. Little slow on timing of release at times. That should improve as he learns to trust the guys in their routes. Neal and Lane are a good combo to keep the sticks moving. Downs is solid at TE. The O-line is just really, really good. Can't tell on Peterman since he was working with the 2's. 3's and scrubs. Got some good snaps in though.

2. Palardy is going to be serviceable - that's it. He hits FG's on a low trajectory. His kick offs are shorter than many. If he can get some hang time on punts it appears the special teams guys are going to do well. No better than 8-10th best kicker/punter in the SEC IMO.

3. First team D played plain vanilla and simply were much more physical and faster than at any point last season. Will be in trouble some at corner. Good teams are going to pick on them there. Jordan Williams is an every down player. Really good motor. AJ is quicker and leading. Getting Curt back full strength will help a lot. Solid at safety with the combo of Randolph, McNeil and Moore. Like that group. Bynum has a future at LB once he figures it out. Couldn't tell much more than that due to the level of competition.

4. Coaching. We have a real coaching staff. Hallelujah! Job well done with this roster. Alert, focused, excited to play, having fun, accepting the coaching, physical, quicker, good chemistry all around the team. Butch has no problem praising or spanking both the players or the assistant coaches as needed.

Now let's see if they can step it up a notch next week.

I was disappointed in the second half play calling. We have such a young and unproven receiving corps I was hoping they'd air it out a little to work on their development. Some will say "shouldn't run up the score"...but in the end you've got to grow in that area!

I was disappointed in the second half play calling. We have such a young and unproven receiving corps I was hoping they'd air it out a little to work on their development. Some will say "shouldn't run up the score"...but in the end you've got to grow in that area!

Up by 45, who does that?

Reactions: 3 people

It would be idiotic to put the entire (or even a third of) playbook on film, when you're up by several TD's.

Reactions: 7 people
Up by 45, who does that?

A team that is trying like heck to grow offensively...that's who. I'm not saying hang 70 on them. I mean do you really think Austin Peay is going to lose sleep if we did? They expected it. Our WR/QB chemistry is not where it needs to be yet...they need every opportunity to "get there". Tonight would've been a good opportunity to take a bigger step.

I'm very pleased with the penalty situation and the O-Line's push in the first half. But I hope we haven't seen the QB we finish with yet.

Really? That would mean that you hope he has a bad enough game that he gets benched which means we lose. Thanks for your support bud!

Reactions: 1 person
Check out Eastern Washington at #25 Oregon State and tell me your not satisfied. How about McNeese State at South Florida. Or North Dakota State at Kansas State. I will take our outcome all day long.

I'll agree with you on some of those counts, but North Dakota State over Kansas State isn't THAT surprising. North Dakota State is coming off of 2 straight FCS national championships. The Bison have been a solid football team for a long time.

Reactions: 1 person

There is more than one way to define player development. Based on stats, it seems that, with a 42-0 halftime lead, neither Worley, Neal nor Lane played a down in the second half. Ultimately, we had nine different players carry the ball, including seven carries by Worley and Peterman, and the fifteen completions were distributed among ten different receivers. Given the fact that we only scored three points in the second half, there is clearly a substantial dropoff between the first and second teams. However, extensive playing time for the younger players will pay dividends down the road, including the fact that we may have discovered a fourth legitimate running back, Summerhill, who compiled 67 yards on only nine carries.

It was apu n I saw nothing that will determine how good or bad we are. Peterman looked weak so he must improve and worley ran the off OK but r we good enough to come back when we r down?? I just don't know.

Btw watching all the other big dogs in sec n we just sux compared to them and the people responsible for this debacle should be burned at the stake..lol

N to all those sheep that loved dools quit being sheep n love tn n not the person running it. We r bigger than a head coach n support the vols but if the staff suxs call it out.

Now cbj has wku up next.

Why in the world do you insist on typing out responses as though you're being charged for each letter. Your posts read like you're an 8th grader.

Reactions: 9 people
Poor Worley, he was 11-13 for 104 yds in one half and you want him bench...granted we need to see him against a real team but still

North dropped the other two. Bench him!

Edit: Worley that is. Still jk.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back