Tennessee Announces New Smokey Grey Uniforms

I love the state stripe and the three stars (although they should be aligned like the pants which matches the flag).
I was talking 'bout the "Smokey Mountains Outline"...but agree with your thoughts on the stickers

They put Tennessee on the back just for a sample. It’s gonna be last names instead I’m sure.
Yes, Nike did the same on every launch...

R.b4cd1eba0955914232a9241766ac5cc6

Reactions: Orange931
I like them. We are the Volunteer state. Own it.
Yeah, I'm just not sure we should go full "nascar" and put a Tennessee emblem or logo or "Tennessee" everywhere there's a blank space of black (not grey). If they are putting Tennessee on the back where names go, then they should put Volunteers on the front. I do like the three stars logo on sleeve.

Yeah, I'm just not sure we should go full "nascar" and put a Tennessee emblem or logo or "Tennessee" everywhere there's a blank space of black (not grey). If they are putting Tennessee on the back where names go, then they should put Volunteers on the front. I do like the three stars logo on sleeve.
They aren't putting Tennessee on the back. It's just for the release

Reactions: njvols
I don't hate 'em. I like the Tri-Star logos on the sleeves and I like that they seem to have added more orange overall.

They're a little busy, lots going on with these unis, but I like them--best Greys yet. I really like the white outline around the numbers. I wish they'd do that with the black unis.

It's like a marketing team's wet dream. Reads like they had a checklist and said "let's go nuts with this one, put all kinds of crap on it." The stars everywhere - that has nothing to do with the Vols. Stars on the helmet, stars on the pants, stars on the jersey. I don't know why, but when I see all that I think of some team like Virginia Tech or whoever.

The continued obsession people have with "oh let's put the tri-stars on it" thing thing is meh. I get why people gravitate toward it, it's one of the few state specific symbols out there, but it doesn't have much to do with UT aside from being on the state flag. I wonder if it's there because they think consumers from all across the state would identify better with the program if it felt inclusive of state symbols? Yeah, that sounds like something someone would say in one of those meetings.

The "Tennessee" on the front is silly. I agree with whoeveer above said "it feels Butch Jones-ish." It really does.

It's not like it's totally awful, and I don't care about kids wanting alternates or whatever, but it doesn't feel like it has a lot to do with Tennessee. The curse of college apparel, I suppose. Always wanting to sell you the next thing.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back