Tennessee Announces New Smokey Grey Uniforms

I like the new stripes design on the pants. Less so on the helmet. Not sure how I feel about the stars in them though. I like incorporating the Tri Star logos. But I wish the locations of the "State" logo and the "Patch" where switched.or put the Power T on the pants and a little "patch" on the collar.

Love the helmets and the uniform itself is fine. Calling it “gray” is a stretch. Its such a dark gray it appears black.

Reactions: onevol74
I dig them. It's hard to pull off integrating white into the dark color scheme but it looks balanced. The stripes are definitely unique and the fact that it's based off of the state flag instead of just a design choice adds a subtle layer that's not apparent at first glance.

Overall a like but too much detail. Lose the Tennessee on the front; one Tristar and checkerboard the back of the helmet stripe would have been enough. If anyone ever thinks the traditional T on the helmet needs to be replaced, they need a full practice session with the ghost of Geo. Cafego administering foot to gonad massage.

As many have pointed out, in terms of design the are very busy. Wonder how that will look from a distance, and on camera during a game?

These things are always tested from various distances and under a variety of lights. If anybody comes across some test photos, please post.

I’m sure some old heads won’t like them but these may be the best alternate we’ve ever had. Those are clean

Reactions: barrylee
When we wear the traditional orange jersey and white pants it isn't necessary to have the name of the state. It's a unique color of orange which anyone that follows college sports will instantly recognize from a distance.... and the best looking uniform in college football.
You ain't wrong!

Reactions: onevol74
A lot of things to like about them. I’ve wanted a football version of the gray baseball unis . . . simple, clean, unique. These are a bit too busy. And the checkerboard in the back of the helmet will mean only one thing to me until the end of all existence . . . Butch. Jones.

Way too busy and the “Tennessee” across the chest is butch jones awful. Disappointed that they are going in this direction.
Well, we don't know what the other "T" team's gray's will look like, (that is if they stoop so low as to disregard tradition as we and others have) so the more "Tennessee" identification plastered on them the better to no be misidentified.

Not a fan of "Tennessee" across the chest. Makes me think of a G5 team.

Everything else is cool though. Really like the Tri-Star.
It is weird to me to have the location on the home jersey. Traditionally the city/state is on the road jersey and the nickname is on the home jersey.

It is weird to me to have the location on the home jersey. Traditionally the city/state is on the road jersey and the nickname is on the home jersey.
A lot of traditional Jersey had very few things on them beside the numbers. Automated printing on cloth and fonts where not around 100 years ago. It was a costly thing or it would have been done then, its just easier now and streamlined. I hardly notice the stars and the Tennessee across the chest but I'm proud of the State so I'm OK with it being out there. If you see some interviews of some young people everything needs to be spelled out to them, some don't know team colors like traditionalist. In the end its a nothing burger, like ppl getting upset because we won the Natty in Baseball with Black uniforms with orange lettering and accents. They still gave the ship to the Vols in the end its all good.GBO

Adidas did a pretty good job with the Smokey Gray in 2014. Sadly someone dropped the ball on the helmets.

The busy pattern looked similar to what Nike does for Oregon each week. Frankly, the alt uniforms should be reserved for road games. The Vols should represent the orange at any given chance.

IMG_7673.jpeg

Reactions: JohnWardForever

VN Store

Back