Tennessee Announces New Smokey Grey Uniforms

Like the uniforms, but please, for the love of God, get rid of the mountains on the helmets. They make it look like the helmets were designed by Walmart.

Reactions: mercuryvol
I like them better than I originally thought. Still wish we didn’t have the wordmark across the chest, but I get that they’re projecting Tennessee.

I think the first Nike Smokey Greys were the best, but they should’ve striped pants.
When we wear the traditional orange jersey and white pants it isn't necessary to have the name of the state. It's a unique color of orange which anyone that follows college sports will instantly recognize from a distance.... and the best looking uniform in college football.

Last edited:
I’d actually kinda like them in Charlotte. Kids will see them on TV and love them. They’ll get play with Charlotte/NC recruits. And we won’t use them for a game in Neyland, where I like the traditional (except for one night time dark mode game per year).

As someone who absolutely detests asymmetry, the wide orange stripe with the one narrow white stripe is absolutely offensive to me! Either put another narrow white stripe on the other side or get rid of it!

Reactions: J C Higgins
Like them but as long as we fill them with 4 and 5 star studs that like them then it doesn't matter what I like.

Not a fan of "Tennessee" across the chest. Makes me think of a G5 team.

Everything else is cool though. Really like the Tri-Star.

VN Store

Back