Tennessee Announces New Smokey Grey Uniforms

Adidas did a pretty good job with the Smokey Gray in 2014. Sadly someone dropped the ball on the helmets.

The busy pattern looked similar to what Nike does for Oregon each week. Frankly, the alt uniforms should be reserved for road games. The Vols should represent the orange at any given chance.

View attachment 658748
Those are DREADFUL

Agree with most everyone about the “Tennessee” across the chest. The font is what makes it so much worse. It gives mid major, Butch Jones era vibes. The helmets are still the best part about this uniform.

Why can’t we just use a standard block font if we’re going to go this direction? Or even a cursive “Vols” would look better than that crap.

Last edited:
Agree with most everyone about the “Tennessee” across the chest. The font is what makes it so much worse. It gives mid major, Butch Jones era vibes. The helmets are still the best part about this uniform.

Why can’t we just use a standard block font if we’re going to go this direction? Or even a cursive “Vols” would look better than that crap.
I would be just fine w/o the word mark Tennessee on the chest.Otherwise they’re good to me .

Reactions: KittenVol
Adidas did a pretty good job with the Smokey Gray in 2014. Sadly someone dropped the ball on the helmets.

The busy pattern looked similar to what Nike does for Oregon each week. Frankly, the alt uniforms should be reserved for road games. The Vols should represent the orange at any given chance.

View attachment 658748
Lol, where did you find that? That’s just a badly photoshopped version of the uniform.

I like the traditional colors. That said I’m not opposed to these for a game. If I’m being honest I don’t hate the color scheme but it’s a little too busy for my liking. Jmo. If they go out and score seventy in these they may grow on me.

I love tradition but I have no problem with an alt uniform every once in a while for the kids to have fun in. Traditional rivalry games like Bama, Florida should be traditional colors; although if they went out wearing pink and purple and beat Florida I would be fine.

This fan likes them....Go Vols!
74392300007-dsc-00791.jpg

Reactions: kcvols1
Not sold on the smokey gray no matter the manufacturer. However loved the black the baseball guys used this year.

These are hot, love the offset stripe to mirror the flag. Was kinda hoping for the rifleman though...

I love these things in all honesty. Not a huge fan of the Tennessee across the front but don't mind it. I will be buying one when available to us public peons.

Welp, they almost as dark as the Black. I was hoping for something like the Baseball Team wears, that Gray looks phenom with the Orange trim. I also agree with the Too Busy. An old adage "Keep it simple stupid". But the Helmet; Yes.

Welp, they almost as dark as the Black. I was hoping for something like the Baseball Team wears, that Gray looks phenom with the Orange trim. I also agree with the Too Busy. An old adage "Keep it simple stupid". But the Helmet; Yes.

I want to agree with you by saying that I don’t understand why we have this dark of gray in addition to black uniforms.

Someone else above had mentioned the rifleman logo. That would have looked cool in the place of the “Tennessee” script. But, I think overall the Smokey Grays are still prettier than they have been.

I want to agree with you by saying that I don’t understand why we have this dark of gray in addition to black uniforms.

Someone else above had mentioned the rifleman logo. That would have looked cool in the place of the “Tennessee” script. But, I think overall the Smokey Grays are still prettier than they have been.

You don't need 2 Black Unis, which is basically what you have. If you want to differentiate, be different.

Reactions: adam.vol
I like them because they didn’t change the Smokey mountain helmets. The players like them and that’s who really matters in my opinion. Love the shoulder patches as well.

I like them. Of course they could dress in banana costumes and I be fine as long as they win.

Those new uniforms look great. I came up with my own uniforms in the new college football video game. I think they look very good as well.IMG_5688.jpeg

Reactions: onevol74
Orange and White or White and Orange are still my favorite but these are damn sharp!!
GB🍊! 🧡

VN Store

Back